The all new PlayStation Stars loyalty program (Stars are not NFTs)

The_Kopite

16 hours ago, ConAir said:

@ZEE11W

PlayStation Plus Extra Collection games are: Celeste, Life is Strange, Yakuza 6 and Spiritfarer.

Life is strange doesn't unlock the step on my case, I tried with the original in streaming mode (only have the streaming mode) is the correct option?

Edited by Steven-Spiegel

4 hours ago, Steven-Spiegel said:

Life is strange doesn't unlock the step on my case, I tried with the original in streaming mode (only have the streaming mode) is the correct option?

Had the same issue and needed to download the game for it to work. 

• Like 2

Did stupid sony changed something because starting games from the stream option doesn't register as completed anymore? I started 3 different games through streaming and none registered. Up until now I always used streaming to complete campaigns and these new ones seem to not count streaming. I'm not going to download 50-60 gb games just for a measly collectible or 50 points.

13 minutes ago, sk_lp_him said:

Did stupid sony changed something because starting games from the stream option doesn't register as completed anymore? I started 3 different games through streaming and none registered. Up until now I always used streaming to complete campaigns and these new ones seem to not count streaming. I'm not going to download 50-60 gb games just for a measly collectible or 50 points.

In my experience, if a game has a PS4 and PS5 version, then only starting the PS5 version counts. Could be what you're hitting?

46 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

In my experience, if a game has a PS4 and PS5 version, then only starting the PS5 version counts. Could be what you're hitting?

No, that was never the case before, I don't have ps5. I completed the previous campaigns with the arcade machine by always streaming MK 11 as I sold my physical copy and now after starting it 3 times it still doesn't register. Streaming Life is Strange from extra doesn't count too.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sk_lp_him said:

No, that was never the case before, I don't have ps5. I completed the previous campaigns with the arcade machine by always streaming MK 11 as I sold my physical copy and now after starting it 3 times it still doesn't register. Streaming Life is Strange from extra doesn't count too.

Yup same issue here. Life is Strange only counted after playing from disc version (thankfully I have physical edition so no need for download), although yakuza 6 counted for me through streaming normally.

As for the fighting challenege it doesn't work for me at all, tried streaming MK11 and won a match, nothing, tried Soul Calibur VI through streaming and won a match and still nothing. All are done through PS4 here as I don't own a PS5

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MohameDina9192 said:

Yup same issue here. Life is Strange only counted after playing from disc version (thankfully I have physical edition so no need for download), although yakuza 6 counted for me through streaming normally.

As for the fighting challenege it doesn't work for me at all, tried streaming MK11 and won a match, nothing, tried Soul Calibur VI through streaming and won a match and still nothing. All are done through PS4 here as I don't own a PS5

I got Life Is Strange by downloading the first episode. The rest worked by streaming them.

2 hours ago, DawningWolf55 said:

I got Life Is Strange by downloading the first episode. The rest worked by streaming them.

Yah Life is Strane isn't a problem for me now as i have the physical edition and unlocked the campaign fine

the issue is with the fighting campaign which requires us to play any of the fighting games and win a match but nothing worked with me playing MK11 or Soul Calibur VI (both through streaming, so dunno if download helps)

The nyan cat/chocolate jar took at least 2 hours to unlock for me.

I opened a few ps4 and ps5 games and nothing. After a while it just randomly popped while I was playing. So, give it a few hours if it doesn't unlock immediately.

Chocolate, pie, tea, chicken kebabss, cinnamon rolls... someone at PlayStation really likes designing food related collectibles.

I don't know why Sony bothers with these play any game rewards. The program has been running since mid Oct 22 and I've never earnt a single reward for just playing any game. I only ever seem to earn the trex monthly reward. 

Edit, how bizarre!

Before actually playing a game today I checked the reward and it said started.... however I played a game for an hour and then turned the console off for tea and my phone notification stated i had just earnt the chocolate spread.

I wonder if now you have to open the app and click on the reward to activate it.

Edited by RSmark84

6 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

Silly question I’m sure- I got enough points to get the $20 and $5 cards with points. Do those restock eventually or no? 

What do you mean restock? they never go out.

I bought them multiple times and its still there.

On 2/3/2023 at 11:59 AM, MohameDina9192 said:

the issue is with the fighting campaign which requires us to play any of the fighting games and win a match but nothing worked with me playing MK11 or Soul Calibur VI (both through streaming, so dunno if download helps)

I did Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, left it idle, didnt even do any fights and it popped. Hope that helps.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MrHealthy said:

Can't get Life is Strange to register as played no matter what. Download multiple times, idled in it, restored my licenses. Nothing.

Heard somewhere it only counts if you download the chapter 1, not the full game. Don't know what it means, I don't have that campaign.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RSmark84 said:

I wonder if now you have to open the app and click on the reward to activate it.

I wonder if you read before posting.

16 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

The nyan cat/chocolate jar took at least 2 hours to unlock for me.

I opened a few ps4 and ps5 games and nothing. After a while it just randomly popped while I was playing. So, give it a few hours if it doesn't unlock immediately.

A bunch of people on Reddit reported it took a few hours to register. That's why I posted here. Guess I wasted my time.

46 minutes ago, breakXedge said:

Heard somewhere it only counts if you download the chapter 1, not the full game.

Exactly. Only the Episode 1 version works. Complete Edition doesn't.

• Like 1