The all new PlayStation Stars loyalty program (Stars are not NFTs)

The_Kopite

2 hours ago, LadyGallethX3 said:

What do you mean restock? they never go out.

I bought them multiple times and its still there.

I did Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, left it idle, didnt even do any fights and it popped. Hope that helps.

Unfortunately i don't have ultimate marvel vs capcom 3, and didn't find it in the PS plus extra/ premium lineup, so I guess I wouldn't be able to make this campaign

On 2/5/2023 at 4:40 PM, breakXedge said:

Heard somewhere it only counts if you download the chapter 1, not the full game. Don't know what it means, I don't have that campaign.

23 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

Exactly. Only the Episode 1 version works. Complete Edition doesn't.

No dice on that. Still not working.

1 hour ago, Lance_87 said:

I don't know D2, do i simply need to boot the game after redeeming BL?

First of all, remember to initiate the activity on the app. Because I forgot and it took me a while to notice ?

I redeemed the DLC on the store and then downloaded the base game (when you "buy" Beyond Light you're only getting the license, the actual content is part of the main game download).

Got the 50 points after opening the game app.

It's 110Gb on PS5, but it seems to have everything in it already, at least it didn't require any additional download for Beyond Light.

The PS4 download is a lot smaller but it seems to work the same way.

@Lance_87

EDIT: I checked the PS4 version and it turns out the initial download is only 24Gb but when you open the game it will require an additional 72Gb download.

I already got the reward with the PS5 version, so I can't really say if opening the PS4 version without downloading the additional content will suffice to complete the activity.

Edited by LastMinuteSavior
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

First of all, remember to initiate the activity on the app. Because I forgot and it took me a while to notice 1f605.png

I redeemed the DLC on the store and then downloaded the base game (when you "buy" Beyond Light you're only getting the license, the actual content is part of the main game download).

Got the 50 points after opening the game app.

It's 110Gb on PS5, but it seems to have everything in it already, at least it didn't require any additional download for Beyond Light.

The PS4 download is a lot smaller but it seems to work the same way.

@Lance_87

EDIT: I checked the PS4 version and it turns out the initial download is only 24Gb but when you open the game it will require an additional 72Gb download.

I already got the reward with the PS5 version, so I can't really say if opening the PS4 version without downloading the additional content will suffice to complete the activity.

Yeah it works with the 24GB download, i booted the game and quit after seeing some weird loading screen lol. Thanks for the tip!

• Like 1

Tried playing Rocket League for the GOOOAAALLL challenge and that didn't unlock for me either. Been playing Tekken 7, almost have the Plat for it, that one still hasn't unlocked. I'm downloading Destiny 2 right now after redeeming Beyond Light...we'll see if that does anything. 

EDIT: First off Destiny 2 unlocked after I turned the game off but I some how earned a trophy for hitting level 20 after creating my character, yet I've never played this game before? I had no intention on actually playing it...no idea what I'm going to do with this game now. Stuff like this is why I'm slightly in favor of deleting trophy lists over 0%. 

Edited by Viper

Almost forgot we got Street Fighter V from PS+ so I downloaded and tried that...Fight of the Month STILL won't unlock. Granted this time I didn't do anything as there's a trophy for finishing the tutorial, so I made sure not to get bit in the ass again like I did with Destiny 2. But still that's SF5 and Tekken 7 now and it still won't pop.

There's a part of me that wants MK11, and it's on sale right now, but I never even played MKXL after I bought it...I don't need it just for this crap. 

On 2/7/2023 at 2:07 PM, Viper said:

EDIT: First off Destiny 2 unlocked after I turned the game off but I some how earned a trophy for hitting level 20 after creating my character, yet I've never played this game before? I had no intention on actually playing it...no idea what I'm going to do with this game now. Stuff like this is why I'm slightly in favor of deleting trophy lists over 0%. 

That's an auto-pop for everyone now. they changed so much in that game from the start that one trophy is now just to find a guy instead of doing some quest. 

I'm glad the campaign is back, get me ma points!

On 07/02/2023 at 9:24 AM, Lance_87 said:

Yeah it works with the 24GB download, i booted the game and quit after seeing some weird loading screen lol. Thanks for the tip!

I just wanted to say that I only downloaded the base game for Destiny 2 because the PS Plus DLC was still showing up as like $35 for me.

But the Campaign completed the moment I booted up the game, so I didn't even need to see the title screen. I was worried since I was reading that a trophy autopops and I don't really want to play Destiny (hated the demo of the first game and knew it wasn't for me), so I was glad to know that I didn't even need to play the game for the 50 points!

Just make sure you guys activate the challenge so it counts properly!

Personally, I never had problems unlocking collectibles or getting point rewards.

The few times it took me a bit to get them was either because I forgot to start the campaign, was trying the wrong version of the required game, or the reward just took a bit to register.

The one thing I do "just in case" is starting the games remotely from the PS app.

The only complaint I really have is never getting a PS3 console collectible. I played games in this PSN account with both my OG phat PS3 (ylod) and a PS3 Slim but didn't get the memorabilia for either.

Edited by LastMinuteSavior
  • Like 1

Not sure if anybody mentioned before, but in order to get your points/collectibles to pop or become “completed,” you have to be online. I realized that nothing was being completed when I was “offline” or hidden on my PS5 but as soon as I did the exact same thing while I was “online” (i.e. playing Rocket League or playing any game), it immediately sent me a notification on my phone that my challenge was completed. ??‍♂️

Pharmer_Amko.png

3 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

The one thing I do "just in case" is starting the games remotely from the PS app.

That's exactly the point I have tried to make in the past on this thread. 

Sony has made this whole Stars program with the express purpose of engaging more often with the Playstation App. 

I use it to turn on my PS5... I use it to buy games... to download games... to start playing games. When it comes to completing campaigns, I don't even touch my DualSense.

I've been doing things this way since mid October and I've never encountered the kind of problems that most people on here have talked about. 

I'm not saying that those problems don't occur. I'm just saying that doing things "through the app" might make those problems occur less frequently.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, breakXedge said:

Did anyone manage to complete de fight of the month campaign?

As I mentioned above, I've tried both Tekken 7 (which I've played enough at this point to nearly have the Plat for) and Street Fighter V and it hasn't unlocked for me. Someone on PST mentioned trying with Soul Calibur VI and it didn't unlock for them either.  @LastMinuteSavior is the only person between here and PST that said they played MK11 instead and managed to get it. But I don't have MK11 and really don't want to buy it JUST to get this (I bought MKXL and never played it). 

EDIT: Tried the above method of launching the games from the app. Tried Street Fighter V, Tekken 7 and Rocket League and still nothing. 

Edited by Viper

@Viper Yeah, not worth spending your money on these things.

There's clearly some technical issue that targets specific accounts, while others have no problems. At some point people speculated that PS4 users were the ones having problems, but you seem to be playing on PS5 so we can discard that theory. I think having your current console set as your primary and linked to the app has also been ruled out as the source of the problem... but you still might wanna check that.

Still, it's most probably something out of our control. Probably just good ol' PSN acting out. Sucks.

I wonder if the Stars acting up for some people has to do with whatever tier you are on the app.

I know since reaching level 4, I haven't had a single glitch with getting the appropriate campaigns to work. I usually boot up the app, check the challenges available (make sure they're activated), then I close the app and boot up the PS4 and start whatever game is required. The campaign finishes within 5 seconds of starting the required game!

26 minutes ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

I wonder if the Stars acting up for some people has to do with whatever tier you are on the app.

I know since reaching level 4, I haven't had a single glitch with getting the appropriate campaigns to work. I usually boot up the app, check the challenges available (make sure they're activated), then I close the app and boot up the PS4 and start whatever game is required. The campaign finishes within 5 seconds of starting the required game!

I'm level 4 and cannot get the fight of the month cabinet to unlock for me.

I have unlocked the other ones no problem using Tekken 7 but it's not working this month and I'm doing everything exactly the same way I have for the past cabinets.

Seems to just randomly glitch for people this month.