The all new PlayStation Stars loyalty program (Stars are not NFTs)

The_Kopite

19 hours ago, Viper said:

EDIT: Tried the above method of launching the games from the app. Tried Street Fighter V, Tekken 7 and Rocket League and still nothing. 

I think at this point when all else fails, your only option might be to contact support and let them know about your situation. I had to contact them back when this program started and they were able to look into things and they fixed me up. It's worth a shot. You get priority if you are at tier 4, so it shouldn't take too long to chat with someone. 

I'm sorry this whole thing has been such a pain for you, bro. :(

10 hours ago, breakXedge said:

Got two new campaigns, one for PS Plus and the other from Folding@home. Both are starting a game, but the PS Plus one won't unlock...

Only got the PS+ one...didn't even know Folding@Home was still a thing, I thought that died before Gen 7 even ended. But yeah, it won't unlock for me either. 

EDIT: So I decided to Restart my PS5 since I use Rest Mode almost exclusively. And sure enough, loading up Street Fighter V and Rocket League finally gave me the "Fight of the Month" and "A League of their Own" challenges completed. Oddly though I loaded up Tekken 7 again before SF5 and that didn't do it. 

Edited by Viper

9 hours ago, Viper said:

Only got the PS+ one...didn't even know Folding@Home was still a thing, I thought that died before Gen 7 even ended. But yeah, it won't unlock for me either.

It's not still a thing. Only people who actually did it back on PS3 get that campaign / collectible.

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/02/15/join-us-for-playstation-plus-festival-of-play/#comment-1883907

Says that from 15-24th Horizon campaign you have to earn the following trophies for a collectible, only available to those who haven't already earned them. 

"Save the Daunt”

“Attend the Embassy”

“Obtain 3 Stripes at a Hunting Ground”

“Used Dyed Flowers”

“First Rebel Camp Completed”

“First Tall Neck Overwritten”

Edited by GUDGER666

18 minutes ago, MrHealthy said:

That's been an issue for other campaigns as well like the PS Home and PS3 Slim. Sometimes you just don't get ones that you should.

Yep, it’s a mess. I didn’t get the Home one even though I played it day one, didn’t get any PS3 console ones, now haven’t got the folding@home one when I also used to use it. Meanwhile I do have the Elden Ring one even though I’ve never even touched the damn game! ?

5 hours ago, VeldinX said:

Yep, it’s a mess. I didn’t get the Home one even though I played it day one, didn’t get any PS3 console ones, now haven’t got the folding@home one when I also used to use it. Meanwhile I do have the Elden Ring one even though I’ve never even touched the damn game! 1f644.png

Same. I got the PS Home one I think...but never even knew about the PS3 console ones, those would have been cool to have. Also have Elden Ring and I don't even play From Soft games period. 

• Like 1

For those having trouble unlocking the fighting collectible SoulCalibur VI worked first try for me. It seems Tekken 7 is glitched this month and won't register no matter how many times you start the game.

SoulCalibur VI is currently on the plus catalog so its a good option for those who still need the challenge.

31 minutes ago, Ceridane said:

For those having trouble unlocking the fighting collectible SoulCalibur VI worked first try for me. It seems Tekken 7 is glitched this month and won't register no matter how many times you start the game.

SoulCalibur VI is currently on the plus catalog so its a good option for those who still need the challenge.

No luck registering Soulcalibur neither streaming nor hard install. Same with MK 11, will try Tekken next week but this campaign is totally broken.

And now for more strangeness, the PS+ Challenge unlocked for me after I started a brand new game (GI Joe: Operation Blackout).

That's pretty much all I can unlock for this month. I've tried playing the PS5 version of The Witcher 3 for the February Store Picks one, but that didn't unlock it either...I'm guessing you have to outright purchase it, while mine was an upgrade.

Edited by Viper

5 hours ago, Jacko_the_lad said:

I wish we could get something other than just these "collectibles" as rewards. They're a bit pointless and no one ever looks at them.

Even just giving some avatars as rewards every now and then wouldn't go amiss.

Whats worse is it only shows on the app.

I remember when PS5 had those accolades and people were trying to boost trading votes. It was so pointless. Glad they ended that crap. Wish they eventually remove it from the ps5 UI. 

They should just stick to giving 50-100 points on tip of those "collectibles" for those that really like them so much. I just want the petty points so I can trade for $5 someday to buy my own avatars as reward lol

6 hours ago, Jacko_the_lad said:

I wish we could get something other than just these "collectibles" as rewards. They're a bit pointless and no one ever looks at them.

Even just giving some avatars as rewards every now and then wouldn't go amiss.

I only do the ones that give bonus points, and the ones for starting any game. Getting 50 points for basically downloading a PS+ game gets you the equivalent of spending $5 on the store!

So when looking at my total points compared to how much I actually spent, rather than spend $125 to get $5 back, it's been more like me spending <$100 to get $5 back. Saved myself the points equivalent of $25 already, not to mention that I also got gifted 1000 points by accident for God of War a while back. ?

8 hours ago, sk_lp_him said:

No luck registering Soulcalibur neither streaming nor hard install. Same with MK 11, will try Tekken next week but this campaign is totally broken.

Tekken 7 seems to be glitched for everyone but some people have been able to register the challenge with Marvel Vs. Capcom as well. In my case the challenge unlocked the second I launched SoulCalibur on my PS5.

6 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

?

You get 10 points per dollar spent. So if I had bought $5 worth of stuff on PSN I'd get 50 points. Basically what I'm trying to say is that for every Campaign that gives 50 points for just playing a game from PS+, it's saving me $5 worth of purchases to get to the PSN card reward.

The coins we get imo is very poor especially compared to what Microsoft gives, it's gonna take about a whole year just to get enough for £5 and that's if the damn campaigns actually show up and then work! It's an absolute mess, the quality control at Sony is just abysmal. I mean all the issues since PS Plus Premium launched and they have fixed absolutely nothing! 

That Microsoft rewards I thought was just an Xbox thing, I only recently discovered you can get points just by using their browser and doing quick searches and some little quizzes. I've only been doing it since January and already got nearly enough for a £10 Amazon voucher. (Which I will use to buy PSN credit ?) Doing the Xbox stuff as well you can about £10/£15 a month. Compared to Sony's £5 a year. 

What makes it funny is to get those coins from Sony you have to have an active PS Plus subscription, some of which are tied to Extra! To get the other coins you have to buy things. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, LadyGallethX3 said:

Whats worse is it only shows on the app.

I remember when PS5 had those accolades and people were trying to boost trading votes. It was so pointless. Glad they ended that crap. Wish they eventually remove it from the ps5 UI. 

They should just stick to giving 50-100 points on tip of those "collectibles" for those that really like them so much. I just want the petty points so I can trade for $5 someday to buy my own avatars as reward lol

Do they still sell avatars on the store? I've not seen any for years, apart from the ones that sometimes come with game purchases.

• Like 1