The all new PlayStation Stars loyalty program (Stars are not NFTs)

The_Kopite

19 minutes ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

And I highly doubt Sony will give 30 quid a month to gamers for just playing games and doing searches like Xbox gives me. If all they give is some worthless digitally trinkets it wouldn't surprise me.

I don't even own an Xbox, but I earn around $10 per month doing Bing searches. The original blog post mentioned that Stars "may include PSN wallet funds" as a redemption option, so let's hope so. If I'm given a choice between digital knickknacks or PSN bucks, I'm surely choosing the latter.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, The Alchemist said:

Jesus Christ, people even find ways to hate Sony over a free loyalty program. Some people need to get a grip. Their bitterness and never-ending vitriol towards Sony is unhealthy ?

It won't be free though. It will be like when Sony tried to make people pay 200 quid for their stacked Premiums after literally telling them they could do so. There will be a charge connected to this in some way. 

1 hour ago, Empovyle said:

Excited for the Pipo Monkey and Toro/Kuro ones. I just hope they aren't too obnoxious to earn. Apparently the first challenge will be to launch games that correspond to a clue. That's not looking too good for my completion percentage 1f635.png

Launching games won't necessarily mean you'll need to earn trophies, and you can delete the games from your trophy list if they're at 0% completion anyway. 

• Like 1

No idea why folk can't just enjoy something for what it is. Why does something that's free have to reinvent the wheel or be the greatest thing ever?

A basic A-B-C of this is - Sign Up - Play games (which you're doing anyway I'll add) -Get Rewards. 

If they're PSN Credits, happy damn day, we can all get on board with that. If they're useless digital trinkets, "okay cool" and move on.

If you're not being asked to part with any money and it's literally an option to opt in and you think it sounds crap, then don't?

And for everyone talking about how Microsoft or Sony or some other massive global enterprise is doing it better and not thinking about lining their pockets, ya'll need to wake up. Microsoft isn't a charity anymore than Sony is. They're all fish in the same pond, with the same goals, the only difference is that the goals are shaded green or blue 

• Like 4

This would have worked so much better if they made something like PlayStation Home in which we could use them. Honestly, with the rise of Metaverse-realities, a PlayStation Home "2" wouldn't be so strange (and, if we think about it, the original PSHome was somewhat anticipating times). How cool would it be to have a virtual shelf in our virtual room where to expose all our collected stuff?

As it is now it seems kinda for its own sake, just like trophies. But what's the point of having 2 different-but-not-that-different "reward for your own sake" programs then?

Edited by matkingdomhearts
Typo

1 hour ago, matkingdomhearts said:

This would have worked so much better if they made something like PlayStation Home in which we could use them. Honestly, with the rise of Metaverse-realities, a PlayStation Home "2" wouldn't be so strange (and, if we think about it, the original PSHome was somewhat anticipating times). How cool would it be to have a virtual shelf in our virtual room where to expose all our collected stuff?

As it is now it seems kinda for its own sake, just like trophies. But what's the point of having 2 different-but-not-that-different "reward for your own sake" programs then?

actually that is a good idea

3 hours ago, StraightVege said:

I don't even own an Xbox, but I earn around $10 per month doing Bing searches. The original blog post mentioned that Stars "may include PSN wallet funds" as a redemption option, so let's hope so. If I'm given a choice between digital knickknacks or PSN bucks, I'm surely choosing the latter.

Same here. Kinda ironic how a Microsoft product is basically giving me free ps money each month (Bing points -> Amazon gift cards -> Psn digital money).

3 hours ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

People consider Gamepass a charity.

It's more like a loss leader. 

As for this program, if it really is free then I am all for it. Doesn't mean I would join though. It really depends on the activities you have to do.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.playstation.com/en-hk/playstation-stars/

It is out now on Japan and Asia. You can check all the details there, only four levels right now. To level up: buy new games, grab uncommon trophies (why not set it at least rare?) The event for the nft gift needs me to play VS games and only 3 games it listed I can choose to play,  I dont have any of them so its a skip for this month. Well, I also dont want to start a VS game that not interested to play and plat it. Those events may let us play some games we dont want to play. At least for me I dont want to start a game I cant 100% it. PS3 and vita trophies earns wont count in. 

Edited by ShadowSkill
Added ps3 and vita info
  • Like 2

Level 4 Members in select countries will have the added benefit of Priority routing to our chat support team

Note: PlayStation Stars Premier Support cannot guarantee wait times. All support benefits are subject to availability.

So there's pay-to-win customer service now huh?

Edited by TheRedMaverick
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ShadowSkill said:

To level up: buy new games, grab uncommon trophies (why not set it at least rare?

Have you seen your trophy collection on your ps4/5?

To PlayStation Network like 70% of my platinums are ultra rare, lol

Reminds me of the first time I accessed this site, ready to see my ultra rare collection just to see that I only had like 3 ?

Unless they change how rarities work, pretty much any non 10 min plat will count for that so it doesn't really matter. Even if they set it to ultra rares only, it still won't matter much. Everything is very / ultra rare for PSN. 

Edited by BlitzkriegHottie
  • Like 2

My main account is HK and it's out for me. There is a digital display case now for these collectables. Currently if you buy certain games you earn extra points and you can use these points to exchange for digital collectables or games. I'm able to see my ps stars on the app but not on my console. You get 1 point for every 1 hkd you spend so it’s like a 4% cashback. For every 1000 hkd you spend you can redeem 40 hkd. So for the people who get digital games might wanna consider canceling preorders that you got on ps store and preorder them again after ps stars is out to earn extra points. I think the points expire in 2 years.

IMG_0111.png IMG_0109.png

Edited by Mirrors1118
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, BlitzkriegHottie said:

Have you seen your trophy collection on your ps4/5?

To PlayStation Network like 70% of my platinums are ultra rare, lol

Reminds me of the first time I accessed this site, ready to see my ultra rare collection just to see that I only had like 3 1f614.png

Unless they change how rarities work, pretty much any non 10 min plat will count for that so it doesn't really matter. Even if they set it to ultra rares only, it still won't matter much. Everything is very / ultra rare for PSN. 

True, i went through a random game on my list i plan to focus on after i finish onrush(blue reflection). It had 37 trophies ranked rare to ultra rare for a 2/10 game anybody with a functioning pulse and 30 hours to spare can easily plat.  Im pretty sure all of us will be level 4 within a week lol.

1 hour ago, Mirrors1118 said:

My main account is HK and it's out for me. There is a digital display case now for these collectables. Currently if you buy certain games you earn extra points and you can use these points to exchange for digital collectables or games. I'm able to see my ps stars on the app but not on my console. You can also buy ps store credit to get points. You get 4000 points if you get hkd 160 credit so around 20 bucks for 4000 points. I think preorder also counts so for the people who get digital games might wanna consider canceling preorders that you got on ps store and preorder them again after ps stars is out to earn extra points. I think the points expire in 2 years.

IMG_0111.png IMG_0109.png

That sounds interesting

How much do they ask for PSN cards?