The all new PlayStation Stars loyalty program (Stars are not NFTs)

The_Kopite

So essentially this is like the rewards program. Earning trophies was only tied to having to buy 4 games a month (and I’m guessing only a certain list counts as they sort of mention that).

And the points can only be earned by doing campaigns (50 points (way too low)  is all right now and that one requires, you guessed it…. buying a game. Or you also guessed it, buying games (which who knows how much you’ll even get.. 50 points per $70 game seems way too low.)

Seems like a waste of time honestly but I did sign up so maybe over time it’ll add up but I don’t usually buy day one which is the only thing that counts I’m going to guess.

I bought a game from the list (Inscryption) and the challenge didn't complete. I did get 214 points for buying the game outside of the challenge, and I got 80 points for upgrading from Essential to Premium

What I've learned so far: it's a tad shallow so far and needs work

24 minutes ago, APeskyAxolotl said:

I bought a game from the list (Inscryption) and the challenge didn't complete. I did get 214 points for buying the game outside of the challenge, and I got 80 points for upgrading from Essential to Premium

What I've learned so far: it's a tad shallow so far and needs work

Did you activate the challenge before buying the game?

Anyone actually get credit for the 'earn a trophy' portion of the levelup? I got a 'very rare' trophy and it still says 0/1 on the way to level 2 not sure if there is a delay or something else

Edit: I just now got the credit about an hour after the trophy popped in game so just a bit of a delay, maybe because of launch?

Edited by gdsoccer11

1 hour ago, that_dude_cam_ps said:

anybody got these songs figured out yet?

I think I figured out 1 and 2 and possibly 4...

1 Returnal

2 unknown

3 unknown

4 Bloodborne
5 Until Dawn

6 unknown (but this could be Tony Hawk 1 + 2) I'm not US so I can't try it out

Asking for something and not giving hints on whay you've found will never give you answers. I don't know why people keep their secrets.

Edited by ryuzakix5
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

Did you activate the challenge before buying the game?

Yeah I "started" the challenge beforehand, and at the bottom of the challenge page there's just a "view product" button that links me to NBA 2k23. Another challenge (the fighting one) says "auto registered" and the button at the bottom says "started" and it's grayed out. I'm not sure what's up

21 minutes ago, ryuzakix5 said:

1 Returnal

2 unknown

3 unknown

4 Bloodborne
5 Until Dawn

6 unknown (but this could be Tony Hawk 1 + 2) I'm not US so I can't try it out

Nice one. It makes sense that they'd all be Sony published/exclusives which might help narrow down others.

Has anyone popped this yet? I launched Until Dawn, and thought 4 might've been Detroit: Become Human (before I saw this) and 2 might have been Horizon: Forbidden West but it hasn't unlocked for me. The October Check-In Challenge popped as soon as I launched a game, but I saw someone above saying their purchase hadn't popped the Playstation Store Picks challenge - so possibly delays unless someone else can confirm?

On 9/30/2022 at 3:09 PM, Cryogenicide_X said:

Do you earn the points no matter what game you buy from the PlayStation Store? Or does it have to be what games Sony say?

It seems to be any game you want. I got 267 points for buying cheap platinum games and a $20 game.

Is anyone here having issues with “The World Warrior’s Challenge” campaign? It simply says to Pick a Fight, but I’ve started about 3-4 fights in Mortal Kombat 11 and it’s not counting my fight. It’s on the list of the eligible games for the campaign challenge, but I don’t know what is going on. It didn’t count local or online, so I’m not sure if this issue is just me or if anyone here is experiencing this as well.

Edited by Lil-Gameboy123

12 minutes ago, Lil-Gameboy123 said:

It seems to be any game you want. I got 267 points for buying cheap platinum games and a $20 game.

Is anyone here having issues with “The World Warrior’s Challenge” campaign? It simply says to Pick a Fight, but I’ve started about 3-4 fights in Mortal Kombat 11 and it’s not counting my fight. It’s on the list of the eligible games for the campaign challenge, but I don’t know what is going on. It didn’t count local or online, so I’m not sure if this issue is just me or if anyone here is experiencing this as well.

Did your "Store Pick" challenge work, if you bought one of those games? It didn't register for me, I'm thinking the challenges are bugged if the fighting one isn't working for you. 

The basic "start a game" one worked but beyond that I haven't had luck

2 minutes ago, APeskyAxolotl said:

Did your "Store Pick" challenge work, if you bought one of those games? It didn't register for me, I'm thinking the challenges are bugged if the fighting one isn't working for you. 

The basic "start a game" one worked but beyond that I haven't had luck

I'm not doing the "Store Pick" challenge unfortunately because I don't have money. My October Check-In challenge went through though, as well as 267 points for the games i bought as an experiment.