Anybody still use ps4's remote play function for ps vita or mobile devices?

EnaTenkiyoGaming

Yep I use it alot everyday myself. It's nice to be able to be in another room and just check something quickly like a game getting downloaded on my phone quickly. Or use my Vita/Phone to play certain games easier. For example I like to play Shmups alot as the slider analog on the Vita allows much easier control in them then the standard analog on the PS4.

Edited by Lord_Bane999
  • Like 1

I use it on mobile sometimes, I even bought a controller for my phone for it. I also use Steam Link. I sometimes like to take long baths and will use it while I'm in there or sometimes I just can't stand sitting in my room anymore and use it to get out of the house. Most of the time I use it so I can lay down and play something until I fall asleep.

I would much rather use my Vita, but the wifi chip on it is just too old. Some routers it just can't connect to, and it's mbps limit is too low to get a consistently high quality connection. It's especially bad with newer games. Even on my phone I can't play certain types of games, because of the innate input lag that comes with game streaming, and the problem is only worse on Vita. It's honestly really sad, because I love the Vita, but have no real reason to use it anymore.

• 3 months later...

I use it on occasion on my iPhone. Played the entirety of The Town of Light on remote play when I was on summer holiday in the UK. Bought a controller phone mount specifically for this reason as it’s more convenient to bring a controller with you while travelling rather than a whole console. Aha! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...