Secret Vs characters struggling to beat

karanjitmann400

anyone here ever struggled with Defeating any secret VS characters for me im struggling to defeat eve due to the course you play on being very unforgiving and having no room for error

are there harder characters to face still?

FTR my custom clubs are level 18 but the game wont let me upgrade past that

Edited by karanjitmann400

Play Eve again. Their AI seems to make more mistakes once they beat you.

1 hour ago, karanjitmann400 said:

are there harder characters to face still?

Probably, 

Spoiler

Melissa, the one you unlock after 3 condors.

But I don't really mind losing since the next game will be easier than the last.

1 hour ago, karanjitmann400 said:

FTR my custom clubs are level 18 but the game wont let me upgrade past that

You have a bad club (i.e. for recycling). It's really down to luck.

Edited by arceo

You playing in gimme mode? That should make a big difference.

A lot of it seems like RNG (sometimes they play well, sometimes they don't), so just keep trying really, and as you do, you'll get better at the specific course.

I beat Eve a few nights ago, but I didn't use my custom clubs since they're maxed out on power for condors.  Instead, I always play with whatever clubs give the most control, since that's far more important than power IMO unless you're going for silly/risky trick shots.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I'm facing EVE and the match play has screwed me over. if it was the other way i am sure i would have more luck. i really really hate this course and it's gonna take me a good long time to get this character beat. ontop of that i'm using clubs  that only go 308yds i can't seem to power myself passed that AND it's annoying due too the fact that i mess up shots alot due to wind and or thinking it's gonna go land certain place / area and it goes off course to the water  or O.B.  and i just got to her tonight and i wanna throw the controller in rage ... i feel like the end is closer in sight but this EVE woman has drove has me pushed further back to my goal.  also i am not working with custom clubs.