Is it safe to play yet?

23 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

I heard it was full of game breaking glitches around launch and I'm wondering have they all been fixed and is it safe to play and 100% now?

I haven’t encountered any ‘game breaking glitches’. But several of the trophies are still glitching for people. There are many people like myself that have 1 or 2 trophies left but both are glitched. They did fix a couple of the trophies in the latest patch but some are still glitched. It will more than likely get fix with a patch soon so i would hold off getting it just now. 

• Like 1

On 7/16/2022 at 5:21 AM, Radford999 said:

I haven’t encountered any ‘game breaking glitches’. But several of the trophies are still glitching for people. There are many people like myself that have 1 or 2 trophies left but both are glitched. They did fix a couple of the trophies in the latest patch but some are still glitched. It will more than likely get fix with a patch soon so i would hold off getting it just now. 

What trophies are glitched ?

I was playing in June and had major glitch, on one of the last cutscenes I had black screen and was hearing only voice, I was watching cutscene on Youtube and voice from my console, after so many patches something like that is unforgivable. U can check Reddit, this is known for months, game is working good, not sure about every trophie, but this major glitch pissed me off. 

I played right when it came out and had both game and trophy glitches. My trophy didn't pop for entering the Bazaar and I had a mission bug out right at the end and not let me open a door to let some survivors out. This quest for to unlock a weapon too so I stopped playing and deleted the game. Tried again a few weeks ago and the trophy still did not pop. I'd wait.

On 17/07/2022 at 10:35 PM, villdoc said:

What trophies are glitched ?

A lot of them are still glitched. The facilities trophy, the true night runner trophy.  The saving 50 survivors trophy. Some trophies will pop fine, others won’t. My true nightrunner trophy glitched but a friend of mine unlocked it normally. But on the flip side my facilities trophy popped normally but my friend’s didn’t. The game is a mess. I still haven't got the platinum because my true nightrunner trophy is still glitched. 

On 7/21/2022 at 5:41 AM, Radford999 said:

A lot of them are still glitched. The facilities trophy, the true night runner trophy.  The saving 50 survivors trophy. Some trophies will pop fine, others won’t. My true nightrunner trophy glitched but a friend of mine unlocked it normally. But on the flip side my facilities trophy popped normally but my friend’s didn’t. The game is a mess. I still haven't got the platinum because my true nightrunner trophy is still glitched. 

This sucks. Been itching to play this now...but not if trophies are still glitched. I have the game installed on my PS5 and have seen it get several patches since I've had it...the fact these trophies are STILL glitched after all these patches is concerning. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Viper said:

This sucks. Been itching to play this now...but not if trophies are still glitched. I have the game installed on my PS5 and have seen it get several patches since I've had it...the fact these trophies are STILL glitched after all these patches is concerning. 

To be fair so is the first game it took several parkour runs to unlock the trophy on part 1 and the coop trophies where simply hilarious to try to unlock

15 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

To be fair so is the first game it took several parkour runs to unlock the trophy on part 1 and the coop trophies where simply hilarious to try to unlock

I played the first game pretty late. I didn't care much for Dead Island, so I kept putting it off...but finally played DL in 2020 and loved it, which got me excited for this game. I don't remember having too many issues with it. This game just sounds like a gamble to play right now though...maybe they'll glitch maybe they won't. 

• 1 month later...

Encountered two bugged trophies which forcing me to replay almost whole game again - all metro stations & air drops + can't finish game coz i'm getting constant crashing during epilogue.        Devs prolly hates thier customers with that 960 km trophy.

Avoid this game if you can,

22 minutes ago, TheRetroManiac said:

This game is starting to annoy me now, and I've not even started it yet all I see is thread after thread of bugged trophies, and I'm champing at the bit to play it, but it seems they just cannot get anything right it's either bugged trophies or bugged quests affecting the trophies these devs could not order a piss up in a brewery.

Lol to be fair I don't think any of their games are properly bug free the original dying light is still mostly broken but people pushed on ahead lol

29 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Lol to be fair I don't think any of their games are properly bug free the original dying light is still mostly broken but people pushed on ahead lol

True but I don't remember quests being bugged which hinders your progression yes there were bugs in that game but least there was a way around them but with this I'm seeing bugs every single patch.

Edited by TheRetroManiac

1 hour ago, TheRetroManiac said:

This game is starting to annoy me now, and I've not even started it yet all I see is thread after thread of bugged trophies, and I'm champing at the bit to play it, but it seems they just cannot get anything right it's either bugged trophies or bugged quests affecting the trophies these devs could not order a piss up in a brewery.

I'm the same. I've had the game sitting on my shelf, it was one of my most anticipated, I've really been wanting to play it...there's been people saying that those with glitched trophies are the minority, but it seems wide spread enough that it's almost a gamble to try. The game just got another patch today and I don't see anything overtly positive from people who have been suffering this whole time. 

On 9/11/2022 at 3:04 PM, Argonark said:

Encountered two bugged trophies which forcing me to replay almost whole game again - all metro stations & air drops + can't finish game coz i'm getting constant crashing during epilogue.        Devs prolly hates thier customers with that 960 km trophy.

Avoid this game if you can,

New patch that dropped today seems to have finished the bug introduced with Community update that caused the game to crash in the epilogue final cutscene. Have finally been able to finish the main story and enter post-game now.

6 hours ago, TheTrophyBaron said:

New patch that dropped today seems to have finished the bug introduced with Community update that caused the game to crash in the epilogue final cutscene. Have finally been able to finish the main story and enter post-game now.

Yes i can confirm that the recent patch solved crashing. At least something.

Edited by Argonark