Questions about Peanut Butter Butterpops! trophy

TheStark700

I watched several videos and guides about the Peanut Butter Butterpops! trophy.  I definitely have some questions as I do not want to miss it on my final playthrough of the game:

1) Does autoaim on specifically chapter 4 void the trophy? Do we need to absolutely shoot Jacob on the second shot?

2) For the part in chapter 5 at shooting the attic, do we need to actually pull the trigger? I've read conflicting reports that some got it, some doesn't.

3) Is it absolutely impossible to combine this trophy with the Infect All playthrough? I read Powerpyx's guide and he mentions that it's not possible but some people commented that they got it. Powerpyx mentions that it's a "lucky bug".

I didn't combine Infect All with Peanut Butter Butterpops to avoid a failed playthrough on one of these trophies.

• Like 1

I want to combine all infected+ peanut butter as well so I'm following this thread, hopefully someone can confirm if it's possible.

I remember reading that at ch4, Ryan doesn't shoot at the bushes despite enabling auto -aim

Edited by ahmedelebiary

32 minutes ago, TheStark700 said:

I watched several videos and guides about the Peanut Butter Butterpops! trophy.  I definitely have some questions as I do not want to miss it on my final playthrough of the game:

1) Does autoaim on specifically chapter 4 void the trophy? Do we need to absolutely shoot Jacob on the second shot?

2) For the part in chapter 5 at shooting the attic, do we need to actually pull the trigger? I've read conflicting reports that some got it, some doesn't.

3) Is it absolutely impossible to combine this trophy with the Infect All playthrough? I read Powerpyx's guide and he mentions that it's not possible but some people commented that they got it. Powerpyx mentions that it's a "lucky bug".

I didn't combine Infect All with Peanut Butter Butterpops to avoid a failed playthrough on one of these trophies.

Auto-aim doesn't void the trophy. If you have it turned on, the game actually won't shoot Jacob at all there and the trophy still pops at the end (same with Ryan not shooting the roof in Chapter 5), so it's a good way of combining it with any trophy that requires him to be alive, though you do have to shoot if you don't have it activated (I think this is why I missed it the first time when I didn't have auto-aim on). You can combine them though, I think Powerpyx just didn't know auto-aim makes the trophy work differently. When I went to test hard pass on an alt account recently, I also got it alongside Rough Night, so I don't think it's a lucky bug.

I recommend keeping auto-aim on anyway tbh, it just removes the stress from the trophy and there are other playthroughs where you'll want to have it disabled (like the kill all playthrough if you're planning on killing Jacob by shooting him or if you want to not have Abi automatically shoot Nick).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ahmedelebiary said:

I want to combine all infected+ peanut butter as well so I'm following this thread, hopefully someone can confirm if it's possible.

I remember reading that at ch4, Ryan doesn't shoot at the bushes despite enabling auto -aim

I can confirm that it doesn't shoot if auto-aim is on. I did this several times at the beginning of chapter 4 in one of my previous playthroughs as a test. 

1 hour ago, Charizarzar said:

Auto-aim doesn't void the trophy. If you have it turned on, the game actually won't shoot Jacob at all there and the trophy still pops at the end (same with Ryan not shooting the roof in Chapter 5), so it's a good way of combining it with any trophy that requires him to be alive, though you do have to shoot if you don't have it activated (I think this is why I missed it the first time when I didn't have auto-aim on). You can combine them though, I think Powerpyx just didn't know auto-aim makes the trophy work differently. When I went to test hard pass on an alt account recently, I also got it alongside Rough Night, so I don't think it's a lucky bug.

I recommend keeping auto-aim on anyway tbh, it just removes the stress from the trophy and there are other playthroughs where you'll want to have it disabled (like the kill all playthrough if you're planning on killing Jacob by shooting him or if you want to not have Abi automatically shoot Nick).

Based on this, it means we could've combined this with the Infected All playthrough? Right now, I'm getting the impression that the trophy requires us to shoot at a target if it exists/seen and hit. So if target can't be seen, it doesn't void the trophy. I ran an Infect All where I didn't shoot Jacob though, so I'm curious to see if it pops for me after I finish my collect all clues in the same playthrough. 

Did Powerpyx ever test a playthrough with auto-aim turned on? I'm seeing people saying that turning auto-aim on whole time is the safest way to get the trophy now.

Yeah, what I did is specifically turning on at parts where it requires me to shoot except chapter 4. Chapter 4 is the one that confuses people the most, including myself. Unfortunately, it seems I could've avoided this playthrough if I knew about the auto-aim thing for Peanut Butter Butterpops. Thanks for the answer. 

Edited by TheStark700
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheStark700 said:

I can confirm that it doesn't shoot if auto-aim is on. I did this several times at the beginning of chapter 4 in one of my previous playthroughs as a test. 

Based on this, it means we could've combined this with the Infected All playthrough? Right now, I'm getting the impression that the trophy requires us to shoot at a target if it exists/seen and hit. So if target can't be seen, it doesn't void the trophy. I ran an Infect All where I didn't shoot Jacob though, so I'm curious to see if it pops for me after I finish my collect all clues in the same playthrough. 

Yeah, what I did is specifically turning on at parts where it requires me to shoot except chapter 4. Chapter 4 is the one that confuses people the most, including myself. Unfortunately, it seems I could've avoided this playthrough if I knew about the auto-aim thing for Peanut Butter Butterpops. Thanks for the answer. 

Yeah, you can combine it with infect and save everyone (these trophies can also be done together, though it's not really necessary since you have to do 2 collectible runs with certain characters alive anyway) but only if auto-aim is turned on (at least for that part in Chapter 4). Nobody's Fool is another one it can be combined with, so long as Emma is bitten in Chapter 4.

I would recommend turning auto-aim back on at least during the radio hut part in Chapter 5, since it seems to be another place you're required to shoot at when you don't have it activated, but you don't get any indication of whether you did it correctly or not. Powerpyx mentions it's okay to shoot anywhere, but it's better to just be on the safe side for that one I think.

You can definitely get it with auto aim on the whole time because I did that. I'm not convinced the bushes or roof interactions affect the trophy in any way, because with auto aim on it still aims at those, so if missing in a combat encounter is aiming and not shooting, well then it misses in those combat encounters. Yet you still get the trophy. That's why I don't think those interactions have anything to do with the trophy. If those actually are voiding those runs with auto aim off, and not something else, then it's an obvious bug. But yeah just keep auto aim on and then you don't have to worry about whether or not you will get the trophy.

6 minutes ago, emailking said:

You can definitely get it with auto aim on the whole time because I did that. I'm not convinced the bushes or roof interactions affect the trophy in any way, because with auto aim on it still aims at those, so if missing in a combat encounter is aiming and not shooting, well then it misses in those combat encounters. Yet you still get the trophy. That's why I don't think those interactions have anything to do with the trophy. If those actually are voiding those runs with auto aim off, and not something else, then it's an obvious bug. But yeah just keep auto aim on and then you don't have to worry about whether or not you will get the trophy.

Those are the only times I didn't shoot the first time I attempted the trophy and didn't get it at the end (when I didn't have auto-aim on) so I'd just be wary of that, at least with the bush encounter (I'm a bit iffy on the radio hut one because there's not really a good spot to aim at, but the trophy has popped for people who've manually shot at it). It could be buggy though, you're right on that.

I just got the trophy, I turned auto-aim on in chapter 4 and it didnt shoot, then i switched it off, but forgot to turn it on again during the radio shack section, and I didnt shoot there so you definitely dont need to shoot the roof.

Also, if someone should mess up, you can always use the death rewind, I used it twice during the car section where Emma turns and kills Abi and the trophy still popped for me.

And lastly, I wanted to kill Travis at the end so I didnt shoot Silas at first and this also doesnt void the trophy, if someone should be interested.

Cheers

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Charizarzar said:

Yeah, you can combine it with infect and save everyone (these trophies can also be done together, though it's not really necessary since you have to do 2 collectible runs with certain characters alive anyway) but only if auto-aim is turned on (at least for that part in Chapter 4). Nobody's Fool is another one it can be combined with, so long as Emma is bitten in Chapter 4.

I would recommend turning auto-aim back on at least during the radio hut part in Chapter 5, since it seems to be another place you're required to shoot at when you don't have it activated, but you don't get any indication of whether you did it correctly or not. Powerpyx mentions it's okay to shoot anywhere, but it's better to just be on the safe side for that one I think.

Looks like everything you said was correct in the end. I did a full playthrough from prologue due to an unfortunate corrupt save. I kept Auto-Aim on the whole time and followed yours and PowerPyx's guide the same time. Trophy popped for me in the end.

I was running the Infected  All Playthrough with the Collect All Clues in my previous playthrough so I'm not sure if it's possible to run that with Peanut Butter. The corrupt save cost me an extra 3 hours.

Edited by TheStark700

I can confirm, if you switch to auto-aim you don't shoot Jacob in the bushes and don't shoot the roof of the radio cabin, but my trophy pops on the end of my gameplay.

I combine peanut butter butterpops with my all infected run and clues run. So let Laura kills Nick on chapter 8 doesn't matter (I was afraid that it will matters).