Tips and Thoughts on the Platinum After Just Finishing

cobaltTangerine

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, NoOneSpecial-76 said:

I just got the plat in at 44 hours with a decent amount of photo mode in there and a lot of exploration without skipping any of the cutscenes and a fair few deaths, I think 40-50 is about right if you don't meander too much

If I ever replayed the game, I'd do 2 things that would cut down on the time significantly. I'd use the horse every chance I had (I played mostly on foot the first 5 hours, mainly taking everything in) and I wouldn't scour each area/village/town for resources. At the end game I had a HUGE collection of materials and supplies I never used. And that was with the Inari Charm from very early in the game.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I don't equate time or enjoyment to the ease of a Plat. I gear it more towards skill, missable trophies that have convoluted steps, dreaded mini games that have nothing to do with the game that pop up now and then and are overly difficult (such as races in non racing games or the ultimate example, the punching mini game in Psychonauts). But for me it is mostly skill stuff, I have fairly slow reflexes, so that is where difficulty goes up for me. I mean, other than platforming jumps, I don't think I died once in this game. 

As for the tedium of the game, I completely agree. I don't like posting about not enjoying a game (unless it is in regards to crashes) because it is subjective and has nothing to do with other people's potential experience (for instance I do not like competitive multiplayer and it appears a lot of people have a different opinion). That being said, I was looking forward to the end 10-15 hours into the game. By that point I felt like I'd seen everything in gameplay diversity and was beginning to see a lot of repetition.

Edited by cobaltTangerine

6 hours ago, cobaltTangerine said:

the ultimate example, the punching mini game in Psychonauts

I only played ps4 version if that changes anything but i never felt it was hard. Got it 1st or 2nd try. I honestly don't remember if I ever failed becouse I learned that it is supposed to be hard after I finished the game. 

On 9/26/2022 at 7:08 PM, WiktorM101 said:

I only played ps4 version if that changes anything but i never felt it was hard. Got it 1st or 2nd try. I honestly don't remember if I ever failed becouse I learned that it is supposed to be hard after I finished the game. 

But did you play all 5 rounds? The first round is a breeze but they get increasingly difficult each new round. I'm stuck on round four, which most consider the toughest round. You need to finish all rounds for the Plat. There is a pause method that seems to work for some people, but I more or less gave up. I've seen videos of people doing all rounds with no problem. I was able to do it on the computer several years ago, but I simply cannot do it on PS4.

1 hour ago, cobaltTangerine said:

But did you play all 5 rounds? The first round is a breeze but they get increasingly difficult each new round. I'm stuck on round four, which most consider the toughest round. You need to finish all rounds for the Plat. 

I have a plat so I guess i did. 

This was so uneventful challenge i don't even remember it.

And I tend to remember all hard things i did for trophies. 

In the weekend I will try to do it again if it’s possible on 100%ed save file. I might even share a video of doing it 

3 hours ago, WiktorM101 said:

I have a plat so I guess i did. 

This was so uneventful challenge i don't even remember it.

And I tend to remember all hard things i did for trophies. 

In the weekend I will try to do it again if it’s possible on 100%ed save file. I might even share a video of doing it 

You definitely did if you have the Plat. Game share and do mine! Honestly, I have no idea how to game share. I had a friend's 20 year old kid who is a gamer try it and he couldn't do it. I have an 11 year old nephew that is also a gamer, so maybe he can pull it off. Some people have better reflexes than others and this is entirely a reflex mini game.