Will Valve put Companion Collection on PS4/PS5 as well?

Jerry7234

I believe the port was done but a company that was lots of familiarity with the switch main chip's architecture. In my mind to mean that means it was done as a special port to the switch (maybe as a gateway to the steam deck in some odd way?) and to me that says that they are not targeting other consoles.

I really hope im wrong. I would would love to do the co-op campaign again. 

• 2 months later...
On 7/15/2022 at 3:55 PM, Jerry7234 said:

Seeing how this recently came out on Nintendo Switch, do you guys think it will be ported to PS4/PS5 as well?

Really wish it would. I'd love to plat Portal 1 and 2 on PS4/PS5 -- so long as the coop trophies are removed. But, unfortunately Valve hates PlayStation for some unknown reason.

• 3 months later...

Would absolutely love it to - never liked how Portal 1 was locked to the Orange Box Collection with no trophies. Hell, for this game they could keep the co-op trophies and just make it couch/local co-op only stuff (it's more fun that way anyway!), cutting or altering the two that require an online connection. Not like the games would have any problems running on modern consoles either. It just comes down to Valve doing anything with their old games on platforms other than PC and the Switch...but I'll hold out hope all the same.