Jerry7234

Will Valve put Companion Collection on PS4/PS5 as well?

12 posts in this topic

Seeing how this recently came out on Nintendo Switch, do you guys think it will be ported to PS4/PS5 as well?

I believe the port was done but a company that was lots of familiarity with the switch main chip's architecture. In my mind to mean that means it was done as a special port to the switch (maybe as a gateway to the steam deck in some odd way?) and to me that says that they are not targeting other consoles.

I really hope im wrong. I would would love to do the co-op campaign again. 

its valve. so no

I wish they would tho

portal 2 is in my top 3 favorite games I played on PS3

too bad the plat is unattainable

If Valve released a polished version of Portal and Portal 2, on ps5 (better graphics and such), i would buy it sooo fast! I loved those games on pc and ps3 back in the day <3 

Valve hate consoles, so I wouldn’t put my hopes on it.

6 minutes ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

Valve hate consoles, so I wouldn’t put my hopes on it.

If the odds are the same as them releasing Half Life 3, i'll look forward to a release on PS10 :D

On 7/15/2022 at 3:55 PM, Jerry7234 said:

Seeing how this recently came out on Nintendo Switch, do you guys think it will be ported to PS4/PS5 as well?

Really wish it would. I'd love to plat Portal 1 and 2 on PS4/PS5 -- so long as the coop trophies are removed. But, unfortunately Valve hates PlayStation for some unknown reason.

Would not surprise me in the least if portal collection and Half life Alyx both come to psvr 2,would make for killer apps and valve does not really see sony as competition (especially not now they release their own games on steam too)

I really wish they'd go for it. The games were great. Not sure how much I would've liked the gameplay itself right now, but what I am sure of is that I could listen to GLaDOS for hours. 

And off I go to listen to Still Alive... 

Would absolutely love it to - never liked how Portal 1 was locked to the Orange Box Collection with no trophies. Hell, for this game they could keep the co-op trophies and just make it couch/local co-op only stuff (it's more fun that way anyway!), cutting or altering the two that require an online connection. Not like the games would have any problems running on modern consoles either. It just comes down to Valve doing anything with their old games on platforms other than PC and the Switch...but I'll hold out hope all the same.