back up and reinstalling ps4 software

theehawklord

Hi,

I'm seriously thinking of doing a full ps4 software reinstall as my pro keeps running slow and crashes often but i cant find out exactly what I need,

So any help would be gratefully recieved,

I know the usb needs formatted but what usb storage size is best to save my data?

I also need to copy latest software from playstation onto storage is that correct?

thanks guys.

22 minutes ago, theehawklord said:

Hi,

I'm seriously thinking of doing a full ps4 software reinstall as my pro keeps running slow and crashes often but i cant find out exactly what I need,

So any help would be gratefully recieved,

I know the usb needs formatted but what usb storage size is best to save my data?

I also need to copy latest software from playstation onto storage is that correct?

thanks guys.

I guess 1GB is the minimum for reinstallation, more is better. You have to download the "PS4 console reinstallation file", not the "update" one.

You can view the steps here: LINK

For backup, I think it depends on how much data you store on your PS4 harddrive. An external harddrive is required for backups.

If your console is still sluggish after reinstallation, there might be an issue with the harddrive. You need to replace it.

Edited by zizimonster