Question about the add-ons

So I just started playing the game. I only own the base game from PS+. There is a lost of add one and dlcs for the game. Which one I should buy are all of them tied to trophies or some just customizations. And do they go on sale often as they seem to be expensive on my part. Will cost a lot of money to get everything. 

Thank you 

Edited by ZEE11W

Hello there! To answer your question, the large majority of DLC trophies can be earned without owning any DLC character. Obviously, the Adept trophies and the killer power trophies require to purchase or unlock the characters to earn them.

As you play the game, you earn Iridescent Shards for every account level (not character level) you reach. With these, you can unlock original characters for free in the in-game store for 9000 shards each, so you may find it worth it to keep these shards only for characters, not cosmetics. Licensed characters like Michael Myers, Ghostface or Freddy Krueger must be bought either way, via DLC pack or premium currency (Auric Cells).

Without sale, it’s obviously a lot of money. Currently, the Survivor and Killer Expansion packs (for 29,99$ each) is a good deal to get all original survivors and killers up to the All-Kill chapter DLC. The DLC go on sale often, especially during seasonal events or shortly after a new DLC is released, so look out for these sales to save up some cash.

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 2

One thing to look out for getting the original characters that you can buy with iridescent shards, is that every three months they release a Tome (basically a battle pass). For the tome, they usually select two characters that will be featured in the Tome. At the start of the tome, those characters will be available for half price with iridescent shards (4,500 instead of 9,000). So right now Jonah and Blight are available for 4,500 each. 

So if you're in it for the long haul, you can save some money with a bit of planning!

• Like 1

On top of what everyone else said, I wouldn't bother buying a pack unless you have the trophies for all of your already owned characters. By that point, you might have enough to buy a character with shards. What I do, is I buy 1 or 2 packs during a sale, play through them and then wait until the next sale. It's going to be an expensive game if you want to grind through it in one go

• Like 1

I only started a couple of months back and managed to get a big majority of the DLC trophies without spending any money. 

As soon as there was a sale I bought the killer pack and survivor pack for £19.99 each. 

I then waited for the rest of the DLC packs to go on offer to pick up what I needed. I think it cost me around £70.00 in the end. I also bought some characters with shards and I’m still missing the Sadako pack as that hasn’t been on offer yet.

It has been expensive. I suggest just picking a few up when you have some spare cash and they’re on offer. You can still play the game without all the packs and earn a lot of the trophies without them. You only really need the packs for the Adept trophies of the characters.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

I only started a couple of months back and managed to get a big majority of the DLC trophies without spending any money. 

As soon as there was a sale I bought the killer pack and survivor pack for £19.99 each. 

I then waited for the rest of the DLC packs to go on offer to pick up what I needed. I think it cost me around £70.00 in the end. I also bought some characters with shards and I’m still missing the Sadako pack as that hasn’t been on offer yet.

It has been expensive. I suggest just picking a few up when you have some spare cash and they’re on offer. You can still play the game without all the packs and earn a lot of the trophies without them. You only really need the packs for the Adept trophies of the characters.

Lol everything is on sale right now except the sadako dlc most for about 4.00 American (the license killer packs except resident evil)

• Like 1