this game is pain.

Mokujin

summer of 2022 and here I am stuck with a game from many many years ago, on ps3, from a franchise I adore, that the PlayStation trophies. Org gave a 2/10. Some people even gave it a 1/10.

ridiculous. I don’t know if it’s because I’m playing the promo version or what, but this game is excruciatingly hard. I’ve played Tekken since I learned how games work. Tag included. I have played pro players worse than the regular AI in this game, it’s insane. It’s completely broken. The ps trophies site’s guide is also ridiculous. It’s condescending and makes it seem so easy and all you have to do is spam moves like Paul’s unblockable - which obviously, given the AI in this game, is a terrible idea as they just back away or hit you before you pull it off. And that’s round one of Time Attack, never mind Very Hard arcade! I just don’t understand how it’s so easy. How it’s apparently a trivial 1/10, maybe a 2/10, is insanity. I need serious advice with this game. Practice mode/literal practicing can only do so much when the AI is so horrendously overpowered even on any difficulty above normal.

TL;DR: the AI in this game sucks, and the PlayStationtrophies guide isn’t good. Help?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Keidah said:

summer of 2022 and here I am stuck with a game from many many years ago, on ps3, from a franchise I adore, that the PlayStation trophies. Org gave a 2/10. Some people even gave it a 1/10.

ridiculous. I don’t know if it’s because I’m playing the promo version or what, but this game is excruciatingly hard. I’ve played Tekken since I learned how games work. Tag included. I have played pro players worse than the regular AI in this game, it’s insane. It’s completely broken. The ps trophies site’s guide is also ridiculous. It’s condescending and makes it seem so easy and all you have to do is spam moves like Paul’s unblockable - which obviously, given the AI in this game, is a terrible idea as they just back away or hit you before you pull it off. And that’s round one of Time Attack, never mind Very Hard arcade! I just don’t understand how it’s so easy. How it’s apparently a trivial 1/10, maybe a 2/10, is insanity. I need serious advice with this game. Practice mode/literal practicing can only do so much when the AI is so horrendously overpowered even on any difficulty above normal.

TL;DR: the AI in this game sucks, and the PlayStationtrophies guide isn’t good. Help?

currently in the process of writing a guide for TTTHD and no you're absolutely right, the highest difficulty stuff and other trophies make this a tedious and frustrating mess sometimes.

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time. I recently platted the game about a month or so ago. You can't spam in this game as the guide suggested as you'll be punished and you actually have to learn combos. Given that this game is very limited in terms of how much damage you can do while juggling, I thought Bryan was a good choice to just go crazy with his quick and short combos, mixing it up with lows and highs. 

My overall take is that if you grew up playing Tekken (from the PS1 or PS2 days), this would likely be a walk in the park as it probably was with the guide writer. However if you're relatively new to the series, you're going to have some trouble. 

Edited by PooPooBlast
  • Like 1

This game is absolutely not a 1/10 or 2/10. The playstationtrophies.org community has historically tended to underrate trophy difficulty, so I usually add one or two points to the difficulty ratings in their guides to get a read for how most gamers will experience trophy difficulty. 

In terms of fighting the CPU, there is one significant attack the computer struggles to adapt to, and it allowed me to clear all the hardest trophies in the game: True Ogre's ➔, ➔ +:triangle: is unblockable and really messes with the AI. Spamming this attack basically helped me clear the hardest (non-bowling trophies) pretty easily.

Edited by Karnacharya
  • Like 1

It's been a long long while since I did this game but I don't remember having any difficulty issues at all.

Trophies back then we're harder a 1or2/10 would probably be closer to a 5/10 when compared to a PS4 or PS5 game. Also do you always play games on the easiest possible setting, like I see so many do? If so you'll struggle.

• Like 2

Sorry you are having that much trouble. On Ultra Hard the AI is indeed broken, they just block your moves on reaction and spam throws the whole time, but any other difficulty is very manageable. There are some moves the AI never blocks, for example I think Jun's forward forward triangle is game breaking; otherwise, you can enable guard damage on the option menu and then spam Hwoarang's X,X,X,X. True Ogre's forward forward triangle is a good option too, since it is an unlockable. Paul and Wang's deathfist (Quarter circle forward+triangle) works great too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedDevil757 said:

It's been a long long while since I did this game but I don't remember having any difficulty issues at all.

Trophies back then we're harder a 1or2/10 would probably be closer to a 5/10 when compared to a PS4 or PS5 game. Also do you always play games on the easiest possible setting, like I see so many do? If so you'll struggle.

I'm not good at fighting games at all and I also don't remember having any difficulty. I think I used Lee and spammed his sweep kick and got through everything pretty easy.

16 hours ago, PooPooBlast said:

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time. I recently platted the game about a month or so ago. You can't spam in this game as the guide suggested as you'll be punished and you actually have to learn combos. Given that this game is very limited in terms of how much damage you can do while juggling, I thought Bryan was a good choice to just go crazy with his quick and short combos, mixing it up with lows and highs. 

My overall take is that if you grew up playing Tekken (from the PS1 or PS2 days), this would likely be a walk in the park as it probably was with the guide writer. However if you're relatively new to the series, you're going to have some trouble. 

Yeah I played Tekken 1 and 2 on PS1, then Tag and 4 on PS2 religiously. Even on higher difficulties. Just for some reason the HD version and myself don’t get on

15 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

Depends on the game. Tekken 7 for example I play on the highest difficulty. I wouldn’t say that playing some games on lower difficulty would correlate exactly to struggling on harder difficulties as it all depends on the game itself. MK has notoriously difficult TUTORIALS. It’s all contextual.

as for everyone else’s tips I’ll take them on board and try some new things and give high difficulty arcade, survival & time attack some more goes.

Edited by Keidah
after merged replies, added a singular comment

Keep at it and try following this topic's suggestions and reading commentaries on the guides. Sometimes they provide more valuable info than the guides themselves. I'm not good at fighting games and I did this. The bowling was the hardest part.

Edited by Clavietka

• 8 months later...

I can't even beat survival let alone complete the rest of the time attack trophies, this game in itself is definitely not a 3/10. I'm finding this mote difficult than any other Tekken plat I've obtained.  

Paul: Burning Fist is a great combo and all but the timing is luck dependent & isn't reliable in the later rounds especially if you need back up. 

True Ogre: The suggested combo won't stop enemies from kicking your ass before you even have the chance to get a few hits in.

I've been struggling with this since December. It's impossible..

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Xionzenn said:

I can't even beat survival let alone complete the rest of the time attack trophies, this game in itself is definitely not a 3/10. I'm finding this mote difficult than any other Tekken plat I've obtained.  

Paul: Burning Fist is a great combo and all but the timing is luck dependent & isn't reliable in the later rounds especially if you need back up. 

True Ogre: The suggested combo won't stop enemies from kicking your ass before you even have the chance to get a few hits in.

I think I remember True Ogre's unblockable flame thrower working very well againts the AI in this game. I think the command was down triangle + square. The AI will try to duck it, but for some reason they would go back to standing before the flame thrower was finished, which would make them get hit anyway.

I think I remeber doing the time attack and probably survival this way. Not sure if it works on the hardest arcade difficulty.

On 4/9/2023 at 3:33 PM, Xionzenn said:

-

Edited by BEYOND-EVIL
-

22 minutes ago, BEYOND-EVIL said:

Use this method i got it first try , Jack 7 , go backwards until your mid screen and press backwards double tap Square , try to time it where their running at you and half way near you , cake walk 

Do you mean Gun Jack, Jack-2 or Prototype Jack? Jack 7 is not in this game.

51 minutes ago, BEYOND-EVIL said:

Use this method i got it first try , Jack 7 , go backwards until your mid screen and press backwards double tap Square , try to time it where their running at you and half way near you , cake walk 

What's the move called?  I need reference because I went to practise and tried that with all Jacks and I dont know what to expect. In this game its not easy to move back without them attempting an attack. Are you sure this is the same game you're talking about?

1 hour ago, Treilio said:

I think I remember True Ogre's unblockable flame thrower working very well againts the AI in this game. I think the command was down triangle + square. The AI will try to duck it, but for some reason they would go back to standing before the flame thrower was finished, which would make them get hit anyway.

I think I remeber doing the time attack and probably survival this way. Not sure if it works on the hardest arcade difficulty.

It doesn't work well for me because the enemies can always follow up with an attack and in survival I can't afford to lose health progressively. I tried cheering with Hwoarang and Paul's fist but only went far as round 8. I plateau usually in round 7.

Then I need to worry about time attack which I think is less severe as your health regenerates. 

9 minutes ago, Xionzenn said:

What's the move called?  I need reference because I went to practise and tried that with all Jacks and I dont know what to expect. In this game its not easy to move back without them attempting an attack. Are you sure this is the same game you're talking about?

It doesn't work well for me because the enemies can always follow up with an attack and in survival I can't afford to lose health progressively. I tried cheering with Hwoarang and Paul's fist but only went far as round 8. I plateau usually in round 7.

Then I need to worry about time attack which I think is less severe as your health regenerates. 

Ok, not sure if I can be much help then. It has been almost 10 years since I have played this game.

For survival I would advise to not be too agressive. Try to block an attack just by standing still and then maybe try doing square square triangle when playing with True Ogre and hope that it is a punish. I think this should knock the AI to the ground (I might be wrong) and this should give you time to do the flame thrower attack.

12 hours ago, BEYOND-EVIL said:

Jack 2 i mean 

I can confirm this tactic does not work at all. 

12 hours ago, Treilio said:

Ok, not sure if I can be much help then. It has been almost 10 years since I have played this game.

For survival I would advise to not be too agressive. Try to block an attack just by standing still and then maybe try doing square square triangle when playing with True Ogre and hope that it is a punish. I think this should knock the AI to the ground (I might be wrong) and this should give you time to do the flame thrower attack.

Thanks for trying, I was exploring ways I could make it work for me. Might just watch some YouTube clips and see what I can learn from other people. I had an easier time getting the bowling done.

Update: I got the survival trophy. I cheesed it by luck by using True Ogre (forward triangle) attack but pushing forward a tiny bit everytime I make a attack so it can connect. I had him as my secondary fighter so I could rely on him. 

Now all that's left that's hard Ig is the time attack trophies... 

• Like 1