Possible Stealth Server Closure

ResiGamer_28

PS3 isn't affected considering someone got the 18,060 XP trophy less than 24 hours ago, I highly doubt TrueAchievements would have gotten coverage of this within the 24 hours of a server shutdown and completely believed it to be impossible and not some random outage that could have been fixed. 

• Like 1

Aliens vs Predator was published by Sega, not Activision. Also, the XP method using proxies doesn't allow you to connect to the multiplayer portion as is, just "slows down" the disconnection from the PSN enviroment, making the game enter a weird state. That's why one can unlock the XP trophies on single player. Since patch 1.02 the XP counting was broken, and the MP portion of the game has been forgotten by the developers (Monolith)/publishers (Sega) long ago... after all, it's a 12 year old game.

1 hour ago, Sergen said:

PS3 isn't affected considering someone got the 18,060 XP trophy less than 24 hours ago, I highly doubt TrueAchievements would have gotten coverage of this within the 24 hours of a server shutdown and completely believed it to be impossible and not some random outage that could have been fixed. 

That level trophy must be done in the campaign using a proxy on v 1.0 Two level trophies won't be tagged as unobtainable if that's the case.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, johncnstntn__ said:

That level trophy must be done in the campaign using a proxy on v 1.0 Two level trophies won't be tagged as unobtainable if that's the case.

The method for leveling up might exploit something in the campaign but before you can use the glitch you have to connect to the online and start searching for a match so the trophy still requires some online. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Are the servers empty? Pretty much, yes. Are the servers still up? Also yes. I got the six pack online trophy with a boosting session about 9 hours ago - didn't need any fancy manipulation of servers, just needed enough people to be playing the game at the same time, that are all on each others PSN friends list.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2022 at 3:03 AM, Sergen said:

The method for leveling up might exploit something in the campaign but before you can use the glitch you have to connect to the online and start searching for a match so the trophy still requires some online. 

if i recall that trophy was connecting to a verified outside server that is legit. so its not from the game. i think, even if the game servers close, you could still get that trophy as long as the list of servers are still up. its been a while though so i may be wrong.

on the other side these servers are horrible. it took me many different sessions to try to get our groups to connect. usually we gave up,  new team would invite me a few years later. we waited in the lobby once for 4 hours trying to connect just to do like 3 matches lol

• 3 months later...
On 14.10.2022 at 1:50 AM, melodicmizery said:

on the other side these servers are horrible. it took me many different sessions to try to get our groups to connect. usually we gave up,  new team would invite me a few years later. we waited in the lobby once for 4 hours trying to connect just to do like 3 matches lol

that's an accurate description of trying to boost this game lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, melodicmizery said:

it still haunts me. and after all that i just wasnt good enough to finish the 3 nightmare trophies to plat i just gave up. lol

Really? You only have to restart a mission if you die, not the entire campaign. From what I remember, xenomorph was the easiest, since you could stealth your way through the entire game. Predator had some tricky moments but besides the last chapter I think I never died, and for Marine you need to remember the enemy spawns, if you know where they are coming from, it's way easier to stay alive. I'd say it's not even close to beating some CoD games on veteran so give it a shot, especially if you have online done.

• Like 1