ResiGamer_28

Possible Stealth Server Closure

8 posts in this topic

Can't 100% confirm a closure but after reading your article I loaded it up on my old ps3 account and was met with a infinite connecting screen when attempting to load any form of MP 

If true that is unfortunate I hate sneak closures.

PS3 isn't affected considering someone got the 18,060 XP trophy less than 24 hours ago, I highly doubt TrueAchievements would have gotten coverage of this within the 24 hours of a server shutdown and completely believed it to be impossible and not some random outage that could have been fixed. 

To be fair they are a bit quick with flagging achievements after short downtime, but this is Activision we are talking about. Singularity ps3 and pc has been stealth closed 3 weeks ago with no warning. 

Aliens vs Predator was published by Sega, not Activision. Also, the XP method using proxies doesn't allow you to connect to the multiplayer portion as is, just "slows down" the disconnection from the PSN enviroment, making the game enter a weird state. That's why one can unlock the XP trophies on single player. Since patch 1.02 the XP counting was broken, and the MP portion of the game has been forgotten by the developers (Monolith)/publishers (Sega) long ago... after all, it's a 12 year old game.

1 hour ago, Sergen said:

PS3 isn't affected considering someone got the 18,060 XP trophy less than 24 hours ago, I highly doubt TrueAchievements would have gotten coverage of this within the 24 hours of a server shutdown and completely believed it to be impossible and not some random outage that could have been fixed. 

That level trophy must be done in the campaign using a proxy on v 1.0 Two level trophies won't be tagged as unobtainable if that's the case.

5 hours ago, johncnstntn__ said:

That level trophy must be done in the campaign using a proxy on v 1.0 Two level trophies won't be tagged as unobtainable if that's the case.

The method for leveling up might exploit something in the campaign but before you can use the glitch you have to connect to the online and start searching for a match so the trophy still requires some online.