Let's do a random little summer giveaway - $10 PSN code (Event closed, winner announced)

ZitMeatloaf

Highly Scientific Poll!  

163 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best movie ever made in the history of cinema?

• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze
    • SpaceCamp
  2. 2. What is the best song ever recorded in the history of music?

• "Careless Whisper" by George Michael
    • "Danger Zone" by Kenny Loggins
  3. 3. Which would you rather be seen doing in public?

• Drinking wine from a gravy boat
    • Reapplying your deodorant at the dinner table

On 19/07/2022 at 9:44 PM, Matto_lsi said:

I can't play string instruments, but wish I could.  I never learned cause my fingers never would cooperate properly.  I played a bunch of brass and woodwinds over the years, no problem.  I can sorta play piano, but only one-handed (so not really, lol).  I always wanted to take lessons for it, but already took lessons on other instruments and played in 3 school bands, so didn't really have the time.  I'm always envious when I meet people who can play piano properly.

That movie came out when I was in high school.  I don't think a day went by that the girls who played flute in band didn't get harassed :(

I know I’m so glad I didn’t play the flute. Piano is the only string instrument I can play adequately, I have short stubby fingers and I just can’t navigate a fret very well. But so wish I had put more effort into the guitar.

I was also in a couple of bands at school. I do miss that, there aren’t any Abba medleys in my life anymore ? 

Do you still play now? Or does life get in the way a lot? 

Edited by tonkie18

On 18/07/2022 at 3:13 AM, ZitMeatloaf said:

Q: How do cuttlefish change colors so vividly?

A: They have special skin cells called chromatophores. They're pretty neat, aren't they?

That is pretty awesome. 

Funny post, voted, The Secret of the Ooze forever!! 

Nice way to start the day 

9 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

I know I’m so glad I didn’t play the flute. Piano is the only string instrument I can play adequately, I have short stubby fingers and I just can’t navigate a fret very well. But so wish I had put more effort into the guitar.

I was also in a couple of bands at school. I do miss that, there aren’t any Abba medleys in my life anymore ? 

Do you still play now? Or does life get in the way a lot? 

I haven't played in years, unfortunately.  Life has been in the way for a long time.  I played a little bit in college, but since then work and family have taken preference.  The only instrument I have left is my old alto, which sadly sits in its case in the garage, unused.  Some day I'll buy new reeds for it and teach my kids how to play (when they get a little older), but I doubt I'll ever get back into it myself.