Two Trophy Lists for Demon Gaze 2 English Version?

Mullet345

• 3 months later...
On 18/7/2022 at 10:37 AM, HuntingFever said:

One list is for the Global stack, the other was only released in Japan so there's no danger of buying the wrong one.

2 lists for the japan vita stack? The one that has JP attached to it, and the Global edition? I've seen the global edition on ebay and it has the CERO ratings, aka a japanese version (though it could be that it was released, well, globally. But if you search it on ebay all DG II Global Editions are japanese). 

Also, do you know if "Demon Gaze II" for the ps4 is the western/non-japanese version and if "Demon Gaze II Global Edition" for the ps4 is actually a JP stack?

This is interesting too. When viewing the trophies page for Demon Gaze II, the Global Edition versions for vita and ps4 do not show up in the "other platforms and regions" section, only the regular versions and the vita JP stack.

2 hours ago, tony_snake_24 said:

2 lists for the japan vita stack? The one that has JP attached to it, and the Global edition? I've seen the global edition on ebay and it has the CERO ratings, aka a japanese version (though it could be that it was released, well, globally. But if you search it on ebay all DG II Global Editions are japanese). 

Also, do you know if "Demon Gaze II" for the ps4 is the western/non-japanese version and if "Demon Gaze II Global Edition" for the ps4 is actually a JP stack?

This is interesting too. When viewing the trophies page for Demon Gaze II, the Global Edition versions for vita and ps4 do not show up in the "other platforms and regions" section, only the regular versions and the vita JP stack.

Trying to work out the stacks for this game, gives me a headache so I can't really help you there but maybe @ArmoredSnowman can help pin down the one you're looking for :)?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Trying to work out the stacks for this game, gives me a headache so I can't really help you there but maybe @ArmoredSnowman can help pin down the one you're looking for :)?

I's confusing for me too. I would like to know out of curiosity, and potentially to get them assigned to the proper regions, so hopefully ArmoredSnowman does know.

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

When it comes to Vita games, I prefer using Renascene to research information. I won't link the site here, since it's a gateway to piracy on the console, but according to them, as well as https://www.gematsu.com/2017/10/demon-gaze-ii-global-edition-announced-ps4-ps-vita-japan, the Global Edition is, indeed, Japan-only, but merely a rerelease of the Western version of the game, including English dialogue + DLCs. It would be considered a complete package for the game, much like a Game of the Year/Complete Edition. With that said, it would explain why it's titled "Global" and has multiple language for the trophyset. So, someone who bought this would be able to play in full English and Japanese. 

Accordingly, the original game, https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1814-demon-gaze, released only in Japan in 2016. It was then ported over to the West a year later. And the Global Edition released a month after that, being a port of a port. Overall, it seems pretty straightforward. If you want to see a confusing mess, check out Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit. 

• Like 2