And They'll Tell Two Friends without start

Manilu-08

I would like to get the "And They'll Tell Two Friends" trophy without starting the game. I've tried looking for public matches but can't find them.
I already got the platinum years ago, and by loading a level 50 character, I immediately joined a public game. Then I immediately switched to the other account with which I want to platinum the game again but could not find it. I read the discussion about DLC but in this case I think it has something to do with level. Or do I have to complete the first few missions? If I contact someone can they invite me without me starting the game?

You can't get this trophy in splitscreen mode, you have to either play in LAN mode with 2 consoles or online with someone playing on another console. The trophy will pop during the loadscreen when you join the other person's game but you have to create a character first, before being able to do anything. Also note the PS3 servers are very picky these days about how they match up players: 

Whether you like it or not, you will have to play the game at least a little bit with your other account, even if it's just part of the opening tutorial, if you want this trophy.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, NicholasMondiale said:

I thought the most popular version of the game was the one without any DLC.

During the first year or two that might have been true but with how often this game has been re-released over the years in some form with all or most of the DLCs included, it's not as common these days to find someone who doesn't have at least 1 of the DLCs installed.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1