Easiest DLC S-rank

RaemNL

5 hours ago, RaemNL said:

Glumstone the Giant

During phase 2 of the fight you can stick to the right of the platform and use Spreader to avoid any damage by the gnomes. Phase 3 is pretty easy with Ms. Chalice's Double Jump and phase 1 is not that hard with some practice. You can use Crackshot to focus on parries and avoiding enemies. But especially the phase 2 trick makes this the easiest DLC boss to S-rank imo.

Here's a video for reference.

WOW, spread gun blazing all the way in Phase 2, NICE ?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Eternal21 said:

Was this patched in 1.04 today?  Unless I'm doing something wrong, I can no longer get it to work.  I keep getting hit by enemies burrowing from the bottom, right where I stand?

Yep had an update this morning, man that was quick, MDHR patched it fast.

• Like 4

glad i did it two days ago when i saw this. with this tactic i had the s rank within 10 minutes. it's dope. getting an s rank is really tough. I think all bosses in this dlc are relatively fair and good to manage but S rank... this is something completely different.

14 minutes ago, RaemNL said:

It's not patched. Just tested with latest update and it still works.

Make sure you go as far to the right as possible and face left when using Spreader.

yeah i can confirm that it is important to look left. i first looked right and got hit twice. 

On 7/20/2022 at 1:16 PM, RaemNL said:

Make sure you go as far to the right as possible and face left when using Spreader.

You just made my day, thanks!

EDIT: Got it after a few tries.

Edited by jh7459
Update

4 hours ago, RaemNL said:

Not turning left was what I was doing wrong.  Got it after a couple tries.  Glad it wasn't patched out, any other method would take way longer.  Thanks. 

Here's my vid.  I also use the Shield Pal super art that prevents 1 damage.  This way I can get hit more than once as long as I have super ready after each hit.  One thing that sucks is that it doesn't stack, even though I saw videos on youtube where it stacks for people (on final boss though).

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have to say I'm really confused about this Trophy in question, namely because everyone seems to have a different opinion as to who the easiest DLC boss is.

It seems that many have said, Flyin Aces, Glumstone Giant, Esther Winchester, and Moonshine Mob.  I find the Moonshine Mob to be pretty incredible to be considered the easiest.

Anyway I tried for 4 hours straight on Sunday and was unable to complete this on the Flyin Aces.  I used both Cuphead and Chalice and beat the boss 5 to 7 times total.  No matter what weapons or super art I used, I could never get under 2 minutes time.  The best I did was with Cuphead using the Crackshot only, Super Art 1 - which I missed on hitting phase 3 with, and the Heart Ring.  I won with 3 hearts, 3 parries(like 7), 6 Super Art, 3 Difficulty, and 2:15 time and got an A - .  Not really sure what I have to do here.

I've also seen many in videos or comments around the web using different load outs even for beating the Flying Aces.  I'm almost thinking Saltbaker might be the easiest if you can get past the first stage.

If anyone can provide any clarification on this, as to what weapons, loadout, and boss will work then I can concentrate on that.

I think the original post is by far the easiest and the way to go. 

So Glumstone The Giant playing as Ms Chalice. Crackshot and Spreader. Super Art III.

First phase is the hardest. Just use Crackshot. When a bear spawns you can stay on the far right log, all the way to the right, and you don’t need to go to the ground.

Second phase. Use the glitch and Spreader as mentioned. For me a really good indicator for the glitch was walk to the right and when your right foot goes over the ledge, turn left. That’s the invincibility spot.

Third phase. Crackshot again. 

Easy. ?

Edited by Baker
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I did it on the Howling Aces. I used roundabout and crackshot with Ms Chalice. Roundabout for phases 1 and 2 melts the boss pretty fast. For me the difficulty was avoiding the dogs bowls on stage 3. I used crackshot for the laser phases as it's too hard to aim the roundabout, then roundabout for the flip screen stages. I also saved a super for the start of stage 3. The time was no issue it was just avoiding getting hit while using roundabout that was hard. 

Took me about an hour or so and when I got the S rank it was in 1:34, so worth trying.

On 18/10/2022 at 7:44 PM, LegendExeter said:

I have to say I'm really confused about this Trophy in question, namely because everyone seems to have a different opinion as to who the easiest DLC boss is.

It seems that many have said, Flyin Aces, Glumstone Giant, Esther Winchester, and Moonshine Mob.  I find the Moonshine Mob to be pretty incredible to be considered the easiest.

Anyway I tried for 4 hours straight on Sunday and was unable to complete this on the Flyin Aces.  I used both Cuphead and Chalice and beat the boss 5 to 7 times total.  No matter what weapons or super art I used, I could never get under 2 minutes time.  The best I did was with Cuphead using the Crackshot only, Super Art 1 - which I missed on hitting phase 3 with, and the Heart Ring.  I won with 3 hearts, 3 parries(like 7), 6 Super Art, 3 Difficulty, and 2:15 time and got an A - .  Not really sure what I have to do here.

I've also seen many in videos or comments around the web using different load outs even for beating the Flying Aces.  I'm almost thinking Saltbaker might be the easiest if you can get past the first stage.

If anyone can provide any clarification on this, as to what weapons, loadout, and boss will work then I can concentrate on that.

• 4 months later...
On 20/07/2022 at 11:05 PM, Eternal21 said:

Not turning left was what I was doing wrong.  Got it after a couple tries.  Glad it wasn't patched out, any other method would take way longer.  Thanks. 

Here's my vid.  I also use the Shield Pal super art that prevents 1 damage.  This way I can get hit more than once as long as I have super ready after each hit.  One thing that sucks is that it doesn't stack, even though I saw videos on youtube where it stacks for people (on final boss though).

<snip>

Thanks, got it on my first go after watching this. The important part is the foot hanging slightly over the ledge. Before I was to the right, but not far enough (for fear of getting hit by the puppet or falling), and was getting hit by the bumps that spawn farthest to the right still. 

Also I'd not used the Shield super art as I thought the requirement was to hit the enemy with the super art. I managed to get two supers during the encounter, so with 6 potential hearts it's pretty easy (make sure you only pop the second when the first has been lost, because it'll probably replace it like with the Crackshot EX ability)

Edited by stewartw0w

• 5 months later...
On 3/8/2023 at 9:38 AM, stewartw0w said:

Thanks, got it on my first go after watching this. The important part is the foot hanging slightly over the ledge. Before I was to the right, but not far enough (for fear of getting hit by the puppet or falling), and was getting hit by the bumps that spawn farthest to the right still. 

Also I'd not used the Shield super art as I thought the requirement was to hit the enemy with the super art. I managed to get two supers during the encounter, so with 6 potential hearts it's pretty easy (make sure you only pop the second when the first has been lost, because it'll probably replace it like with the Crackshot EX ability)

I got hit when my foot was hanging over the side so I had to make my feet parallel with the edge of the cliff then turn back to the left.  Super II for the heart shield definitely makes it very easy though.  The other supers are not needed at all, not sure why anyone would take them over the shield heart.  Crackshot makes phase 1 and 3 really easy, along with most everything else in the game.

Anyway.. I also noticed that you can unlock expert from beating the Chef for the DLC bosses without doing the base game's final boss in Inkwell Hell.  I was able to get the S rank DLC trophy and S rank base game trophy at the same time doing that without doing the final boss in the base game yet.  Not a big deal as the base game bosses are easier but could be a slight time saver.