RaemNL

Easiest DLC S-rank

14 posts in this topic

wow man this is a very good tactic. phase 2 was the only phase i took damage so i try this method later :) 

5 hours ago, RaemNL said:

Glumstone the Giant

During phase 2 of the fight you can stick to the right of the platform and use Spreader to avoid any damage by the gnomes. Phase 3 is pretty easy with Ms. Chalice's Double Jump and phase 1 is not that hard with some practice. You can use Crackshot to focus on parries and avoiding enemies. But especially the phase 2 trick makes this the easiest DLC boss to S-rank imo.

Here's a video for reference.

WOW, spread gun blazing all the way in Phase 2, NICE 👍

Thanks man, going to try this later. Been trying S rank for Howling Aces and Moonshine Mob but this definitely looks more doable

This is the strat right here folks, get it before it's patched. Thanks for the post.

Was this patched in 1.04 today?  Unless I'm doing something wrong, I can no longer get it to work.  I keep getting hit by enemies burrowing from the bottom, right where I stand?

1 hour ago, Eternal21 said:

Was this patched in 1.04 today?  Unless I'm doing something wrong, I can no longer get it to work.  I keep getting hit by enemies burrowing from the bottom, right where I stand?

Yep had an update this morning, man that was quick, MDHR patched it fast.

Looks like it's back to the Howling Aces then.  Hopefully this trick still works:

glad i did it two days ago when i saw this. with this tactic i had the s rank within 10 minutes. it's dope. getting an s rank is really tough. I think all bosses in this dlc are relatively fair and good to manage but S rank... this is something completely different.

It's not patched. Just tested with latest update and it still works.

Make sure you go as far to the right as possible and face left when using Spreader.

14 minutes ago, RaemNL said:

Make sure you go as far to the right as possible and face left when using Spreader.

yeah i can confirm that it is important to look left. i first looked right and got hit twice. 

Posted (edited)

On 7/20/2022 at 1:16 PM, RaemNL said:

You just made my day, thanks!

EDIT: Got it after a few tries.

Edited by jh7459
Update

4 hours ago, RaemNL said:

Not turning left was what I was doing wrong.  Got it after a couple tries.  Glad it wasn't patched out, any other method would take way longer.  Thanks. 

Here's my vid.  I also use the Shield Pal super art that prevents 1 damage.  This way I can get hit more than once as long as I have super ready after each hit.  One thing that sucks is that it doesn't stack, even though I saw videos on youtube where it stacks for people (on final boss though).

Still works pretty fine for those of who wonder. This method really helped me to get the trophy. Thanks a lot :))

Edited by AbbysWatcher-