When EXACTLY will servers go down?

Shadow-30031989

I've done my math. If I get gold cups in every single challenge (wont be a problem) I will reach 11 level of awesomeness on 1th September, which is the day of servers going down. Now I wonder, when exactly the servers will go down. Is it going to be immediately when 31 august turns in to 1 september or later that day, so the challenges from 31 august will have their resolve and we'll still get cups that day.

Of course I tried to get diamond cups and I earned one yesterday, but it was barely possible, because of egoist selfish pricks who have to be first every single day, taking the chances of getting a diamond cup for rest of the players, though they have platinums earned years ago (don't honestly get it, why can't they go to PS4 version and let others have a chance). I'm worried I may not be able to achieve this one diamond cup and not make it in time...

That's why I want to contact Ubi to ask them the exact date of shutting the servers, but I already wrote them some e-mails, and got no response till this day. You know a way to contact them and get answers?

Btw, what's Your opinion, on when exactly will they shut it?

Edited by Stevieboy
name and shame

15 minutes ago, Shadow-30031989 said:

I've done my math. If I get gold cups in every single challenge (wont be a problem) I will reach 11 level of awesomeness on 1th September, which is the day of servers going down. Now I wonder, when exactly the servers will go down. Is it going to be immediately when 31 august turns in to 1 september or later that day, so the challenges from 31 august will have their resolve and we'll still get cups that day.

Of course I tried to get diamond cups and I earned one yesterday, but it was barely possible, because of egoist selfish pricks who have to be first every single day, taking the chances of getting a diamond cup for rest of the players, though they have platinums earned years ago (don't honestly get it, why can't they go to PS4 version and let others have a chance). I'm worried I may not be able to achieve this one diamond cup and not make it in time...

That's why I want to contact Ubi to ask them the exact date of shutting the servers, but I already wrote them some e-mails, and got no response till this day. You know a way to contact them and get answers?

It's a good idea to avoid naming and shaming people in general. If their behaviour violates the rules of the site, it's better to report it to a mod. If it doesn't, which is the case here, you'd be better off just removing the name.

In terms of the server shut downs, I don't think any developer has a hard and fast rule around server closures. I'd wager it'll probably be midnight, in whatever timezone the servers are located in or in their timezone of choice. 

Edited by Stevieboy
clean up for edited post
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Shadow-30031989 said:

Of course I tried to get diamond cups and I earned one yesterday, but it was barely possible, because of egoist selfish pricks who have to be first every single day, taking the chances of getting a diamond cup for rest of the players, though they have platinums earned years ago (don't honestly get it, why can't they go to PS4 version and let others have a chance). I'm worried I may not be able to achieve this one diamond cup and not make it in time...

You will probably need to be more specific and condensed in your question if you're looking to get a specific answer:

What time in UTC will Ubisoft decommission their servers on September 1st?

4 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

It's a good idea to avoid naming and shaming people in general. If their behaviour violates the rules of the site, it's better to report it to a mod. If it doesn't, which is the case here, you'd be better off just removing the name.

In terms of the server shut downs, I don't think any developer has a hard and fast rule around server closures. I'd wager it'll probably be midnight, in whatever timezone the servers are located in or in their timezone of choice. 

This^

Midnight is the most common closure time but I've seen servers close at a variety of times after that, up to and including early evening so there's no way to know until it actually happens.

46 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

This^

Midnight is the most common closure time but I've seen servers close at a variety of times after that, up to and including early evening so there's no way to know until it actually happens.

"Midnight" in what time zone? UTC? That would be killing the servers early for a large part of the player base. I was trying to look though any of Ubisoft's previous online trophy enabled PlayStation games to try to figure out what time trophies stop being earned, but couldn't find anything. If anything I'm guessing that even though they're HQed in France, their server support staff and servers are stored elsewhere and whatever time zone that's in, the decommissioning will probably happen at the beginning of the work day, probably 8-9 am on Sept 1 in whatever time zone that is.

9 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

"Midnight" in what time zone? UTC? That would be killing the servers early for a large part of the player base. I was trying to look though any of Ubisoft's previous online trophy enabled PlayStation games to try to figure out what time trophies stop being earned, but couldn't find anything. If anything I'm guessing that even though they're HQed in France, their server support staff and servers are stored elsewhere and whatever time zone that's in, the decommissioning will probably happen at the beginning of the work day, probably 8-9 am on Sept 1 in whatever time zone that is.

It depends on the devs and what country they decide to use for the shutdown time but it can be either GMT 0 UK time or whatever it is they use on the East Coast of the United States, though it's not unusual for Pacific or Central US time to be used if the devs themselves are from America.

On 18.07.2022 at 3:14 PM, Crispy_Oglop said:

First of all, he isn't a part of psnprofiles community. He is a YouTuber, who plays only this game (at least that's the only thing he puts on YT). So he is a public figure. Second, I only spoke the truth. I asked him politely many times, to turn to PS4 version, or not to get a diamond in specific challenges. I was polite, but got no response and he always showed up and got that diamond. He has the first place on PS3 rankings worldwide and still needs every single diamond cup. That's just pure greed.

And about the topic, I did everything i could and got the second diamond, so there is no threat for me anymore on getting platinum on 1 september. So I won't be writing to Ubi anymore. I'm leaving the topic though, if anyone else will have the same problem I had.

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Letenko said:

The "this game was released 20 years ago, therefore EVERYONE had time to do it" is such a stupid, shit take. I am sure everyone bought the game day one, everyone had a PS3 back then and everyone was so into trophy hunting, that they focused on it.

I don't really get this mentality, while on one hand you're correct that there was plenty of time to get the game and play / finish it, it really doesn't account for the real world or the fact that some people might not even know about the game's existence. FOMO is a factor for sure and unfortunately a lot of people learn about a game's existance when the servers are going down, not before. I hope anybody going for this will be able to do it, altough in all honesty, I don't think there is enough time from what I heard.

Best of luck.

Dude I m confused... PS3 or PS4 ,which one is going down on Sept 1? I was asking about PS4 version

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, zulqarmessi said:

Dude I m confused... PS3 or PS4 ,which one is going down on Sept 1? I was asking about PS4 version

Only the PS3 version is closing on September 1st, all the other Rayman games either aren't closing or don't have online trophies.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, zulqarmessi said:

This thread is posted in the PS3 version's section, which is why there's discussion about the server closure. As @HuntingFever said above, the PS4 and Vita versions aren't having their servers shut down as of yet.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, MrGarland said:

Can you (or anyone else) name a game which had its server shutdown cancelled?

Switchblade is a strange example where the server shutdown hasn't ever been announced as cancelled but the servers are still up and running months after the cancellation.

Came across this topic and thought that was an interesting example, all the microtransactions have been removed and the events are all very out of date but the lobbies can still be pretty lively.

Edited by Aceterix
Typo
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Godo Fwar said:

Batman Arkham Origins servers are still running, they were meant to close in December 2016

All that closed in that case were the WB account creation servers and I believe the dedicated servers as well because everything went down for a couple of days then came back up but they left the P2P connections open ?.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1