When EXACTLY will servers go down?

Shadow-30031989

On 18.07.2022 at 3:09 PM, Shadow-30031989 said:

Of course I tried to get diamond cups and I earned one yesterday, but it was barely possible, because of egoist selfish pricks who have to be first every single day, taking the chances of getting a diamond cup for rest of the players, though they have platinums earned years ago (don't honestly get it, why can't they go to PS4 version and let others have a chance).

Wow, cringe

Somebody is playing as intended, doesn't care about trophies at all probably and gets messages from some guy to stop playing his favourite game that he happens to be at strict top of the world (and is playing as devs intended to be played let remind) becouse somebody wants digital picture so much.

Who is really selfish egoist here?

Guy who just play his competitive game to compete?

Or guy who curses and him becouse he wants his picture.

Stop thinking gaming is about trophies. Nobody is selfish becouse they play games after getting plat ffs.

In any other competetive game it's so cringe to ask better players to let you win for rank or whatever but apparently it's not when in comes to trophies.

On 20.07.2022 at 0:31 PM, Shadow-30031989 said:

I asked him politely many times, to turn to PS4 version, or not to get a diamond in specific challenges. ...

That's just pure greed.

Once i lost last match in UFC 4 Blitz to a guy, I said to him "gg enjoy your trophy, plat is easy now or you" and he asked why should he do that. You see, i check him up once in a while, still no plat. He doesn't care. And it's all good, why should he? I lost final match to many who had trophy, but you know what? Thay's what game was about. Winning 1v1's no getting plat and moving on.

Edited by WiktorM101
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, WiktorM101 said:

Wow, cringe

Somebody is playing as intended, doesn't care about trophies at all probably and gets messages from some guy to stop playing his favourite game that he happens to be at strict top of the world (and is playing as devs intended to be played let remind) becouse somebody wants digital picture so much.

Who is really selfish egoist here?

Guy who just play his competitive game to compete?

Or guy who curses and him becouse he wants his picture.

Stop thinking gaming is about trophies. Nobody is selfish becouse they play games after getting plat ffs.

In any other competetive game it's so cringe to ask better players to let you win for rank or whatever but apparently it's not when in comes to trophies.

No. There is a massive difference in being op in a game where servers don't close and not letting others get their chance in servers being announced to close, especially, when there was too little time give from anouncement to closing (only 2 months for 3 months grind, when you get gold only). 

I wasn't selfish. I spoke not only for me, but also for my friends (who gave up because they needed a few diamonds which wasn't reachable for them) and other players who started playing this not long before the info of closure. 

And excuse me, but saying "stop playing" and "play, but other version" is also a big difference, so if you can't read with understanding, don't be cringy yourself by embarasing yourself. 

I wrote to few people about moving to PS4 version and guess what - they responded "you are right" and moved, or stoped playing PS3, because they got furious that all their records will get lost and there is no point in playing a dying game.

PS: it's spelled "becAuse"

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Server shutdown has been pushed back until October 1st.

Thank godness, I was somewhere close to lvl 11 and didn´t have the chance to play on PS3 all that much over the last month. Maybe I'll be able to get to max Awesomeness by the end of the month now :D

On 4.09.2022 at 2:37 PM, EdinhoN said:

I wish I could upvote this post two times (or even more). This take of "Hur dur the universe has 13 billion years, you had all that time to complete the game" is absolutely nonsense, there is 17 thousand trophy lists on PSNP, lets say a fifth of all games have online trophies, so there's more than 3 thousand games with online trophies, that's a huge chance that many games that interest a player is among those 3 thousands, even if this players focused exclusively on doing all online games in his wishlist and never "lost" time with offline stuff, he would still get "surprised" by shutdowns.

Well, there were warning signs. 

PC server shotdown announcement was in 2021. 

And I'm sure people still will be suprised when they announce PS4 server shotdown in few years. 

• Like 1

On 9/4/2022 at 8:37 AM, EdinhoN said:

I wish I could upvote this post two times (or even more). This take of "Hur dur the universe has 13 billion years, you had all that time to complete the game" is absolutely nonsense, there is 17 thousand trophy lists on PSNP, lets say a fifth of all games have online trophies, so there's more than 3 thousand games with online trophies, that's a huge chance that many games that interest a player is among those 3 thousands, even if this players focused exclusively on doing all online games in his wishlist and never "lost" time with offline stuff, he would still get "surprised" by shutdowns.

You can't expect game servers to stay up indefinitely just to appease a very small, niche group of people that truly still care about these older games and the online capabilities for them because of trophies. 

No PS3 game server shutdowns should be a 'surprise' to anyone. It's an old system that (relatively speaking) nobody is really playing anymore hence, many servers for those games have already been shutdown and have been shutdown for awhile now already. The vast majority of people that had the intention of getting the 100% for a game like this already got it and had it for awhile now. 

The only surprising thing here is that the Rayman Legends servers for PS3 are still up in the year 2022. That's the surprising thing. I would've figured a game like this would've had its servers closed long ago. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mega-tallica said:

You can't expect game servers to stay up indefinitely just to appease a very small, niche group of people that truly still care about these older games and the online capabilities for them because of trophies. 

No PS3 game server shutdowns should be a 'surprise' to anyone. It's an old system that (relatively speaking) nobody is really playing anymore hence, many servers for those games have already been shutdown and have been shutdown for awhile now already. The vast majority of people that had the intention of getting the 100% for a game like this already got it and had it for awhile now. 

The only surprising thing here is that the Rayman Legends servers for PS3 are still up in the year 2022. That's the surprising thing. I would've figured a game like this would've had its servers closed long ago. 

That's not my point at all. My critique was about the people who always bring the "the game is 10 year old, you had 10 years to do it", which is a huge fallacy or the speaker is simply a casual player blinded by that.

I've exposed why this is a flawed argument, but TLDR: too many damn games exist.

I also don't agree about people thinking they are obliged to give enough time for a server shutdown, the standard practice is 3 months, Ubisoft probably extended these servers for 1 month because of that. (haven't read the terms of service though).

I was able to anticipate the PS3 version which I platted years ago, but not the 360 version, I'll just be happy with my 960G there with no level 11 achievement.

But I seriously wanted to punch everybody who said "Oh, you should have done this in anticipation". No shit?? Unfortunately there's not enough time in my schedule to "save" all MPs possible and I'm fine with the max percentage I'm able to get.

TLDR2: I'm not mad with shutdowns at all, they are part of a game cycle. I'm mad with the guys who thinks everybody have infinite time 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, navidramhormuzi said:

The servers are down right now for Rayman Legends PS3 - anyone else having the same issue? 

hello, i dont know, im not on ps3 right now. Nobody had sent any of the screen on official rl server, so i guess only one part of players have it, but dont worry, those servers should recover soon.

i

38 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

That's not my point at all. My critique was about the people who always bring the "the game is 10 year old, you had 10 years to do it", which is a huge fallacy or the speaker is simply a casual player blinded by that.

I've exposed why this is a flawed argument, but TLDR: too many damn games exist.

your argument seems to be flawed. for the simple reason that no one is trying to play every single game that exists

if u buy a game.. and it has multiplayer trophies.. get them done. simple as that. waiting 10 years and then bitching that the servers are closed and "I didn't have enough time" is really just whiny entitlement 

even if u made the choice to buy every single game in existence and literally don't have time to play them all.. thats on u.. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

your argument seems to be flawed. for the simple reason that no one is trying to play every single game that exists

Not my point. Only the small fraction of games someone care about is already enough to not be enough to handle.

5 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

if u buy a game.. and it has multiplayer trophies.. get them done. simple as that. waiting 10 years and then bitching that the servers are closed and "I didn't have enough time" is really just whiny entitlement 

I agree with that, as said I don't agree with some of OP points.

6 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

even if u made the choice to buy every single game in existence and literally don't have time to play them all.. thats on u.. 

Exaggeration of my point, but ok, whatever.

I don't know where you got that I'm the one whining about shutdowns, where my stance was clear that I see that as normal. I'd only complain about non-warned shutdowns like Activision, that pulled the plug on many of their PS3 games without a warning at all in 2020, their TOS clearly should have something like a 30 day notice at least.

But in the end nobody cares: Activision does not give a fuck about old games that don't generate revenue anymore, trophy hunters are a negligible minority, PS3 is only still alive because of the shitstorm that Sony would face if they pulled the plug out of it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

I don't know where you got that I'm the one whining about shutdowns, where my stance was clear that I see that as normal. I'd only complain about non-warned shutdowns like Activision, that pulled the plug on many of their PS3 games without a warning at all in 2020, their TOS clearly should have something like a 30 day notice at least.

I wasn't responding to u personally.. just the "argument" u put forward

and I definitely agree with ur last point. developers/publishers who close servers with no warning/announcement.. or who have bugged trophies and never bother to fix them deserve all the flak they get

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

I also don't agree about people thinking they are obliged to give enough time for a server shutdown, the standard practice is 3 months, Ubisoft probably extended these servers for 1 month because of that. (haven't read the terms of service though).

I was able to anticipate the PS3 version which I platted years ago, but not the 360 version, I'll just be happy with my 960G there with no level 11 achievement.

But I seriously wanted to punch everybody who said "Oh, you should have done this in anticipation". No shit?? Unfortunately there's not enough time in my schedule to "save" all MPs possible and I'm fine with the max percentage I'm able to get.

TLDR2: I'm not mad with shutdowns at all, they are part of a game cycle. I'm mad with the guys who thinks everybody have infinite time 

It's not a fallacy, it's being rational. 

How common and often do people really go back and play 10 year old games? The answer is it's not very common or often enough to warrant continuing supporting online servers for games that are a decade past their prime and peak player base. Even among the trophy hunting community itself, it's really a minority that still have a PS3 and bother going back that far in time to get trophies for these older games. 

There is no way to play every single game that comes out and get 100% for it, that's a given constant. Nobody is implying people have infinite time, nobody has infinite time, that is indeed a flawed argument but nobody is actually saying that as their argument. What also is a constant is that game servers have an expiration date and if getting 100% trophies for every game you play is something that you like to do, then that is your responsibility to be on top of that and understand that older games have that risk, if you want to call it that. 

Trophy hunters tend to be the ones that are blinded, not the other way around. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Still hard for me to do better than bronze rank most days, so I'm glad the online challenges are still up.

I do wonder how it will behave when they turn it off. Will there still be challenges to complete, but I'll only see myself? Will I automatically get platinum rank every day as the only competitor? (that'd be nice). Or will the challenges just bug out? Maybe the last ones will just be playable, but with no more completion date or rewards. Perhaps it might even forget the cups I've already won without the server to check in with, which would be patently bad design.

I've not finished completing the single player parts of the game, so it's hard to know how close I am to having enough online cups for level 11.

31 minutes ago, chabala said:

Still hard for me to do better than bronze rank most days, so I'm glad the online challenges are still up.

I do wonder how it will behave when they turn it off. Will there still be challenges to complete, but I'll only see myself? Will I automatically get platinum rank every day as the only competitor? (that'd be nice). Or will the challenges just bug out? Maybe the last ones will just be playable, but with no more completion date or rewards. Perhaps it might even forget the cups I've already won without the server to check in with, which would be patently bad design.

I've not finished completing the single player parts of the game, so it's hard to know how close I am to having enough online cups for level 11.

You will not see any online challenges. You will not be able to connect to the server and the game will tell you “Ubisoft servers are momentarily unavailable. Please try again later.”

You will not get any additional rank, including platinum.

The game saves the points from the cups you’ve already earned to your profile as long as you’ve logged in to see the results. So you won’t lose progress, but won’t be able to make any further online progress.

Servers just got yanked.

Logged on about 5mins after weeklies reset and a few minutes before dailies reset. 

Started working on today's new daily and at the end of my 1st daily run I got kicked to the main gallery saying there were ubi server connection issues.

While in main gallery the game did give me cup for the extreme daily that ended while I was doing the daily even though I wasn't in the challenge painting. Glad they waited until the daily and weekly ended to yank the servers at least.

If only I had more time to practice lol...I was just 4 seconds shy of my 1st gold cup to get the trophy blah, that was the closest I'd been to gold this whole time lol...most of my silvers were midrange, no where near gold lol, those videos of those pros getting platinum cups is wild lol

Edited by oOMementoMoriOo

6 hours ago, oOMementoMoriOo said:

Servers just got yanked.

Logged on about 5mins after weeklies reset and a few minutes before dailies reset. 

Started working on today's new daily and at the end of my 1st daily run I got kicked to the main gallery saying there were ubi server connection issues.

Momentary bad luck. I just did all four challenges. Servers are still fine.

Question I have for those who have Platinum'ed multiple versions of the game: If you have the Platinum on another version and Awesomeness 11, does any progress carry over to the PS3 version? I started on the Chinese region PS4 version recently and it had me at Awesomeness 8 when I started (after Platinum'ing the PS4 US version). I think I was at a similar spot with the Vita version (I'm not sure though since it's been awhile). If that's the case, it carries over and the servers are still up for the foreseeable future, I may be able to do PS3 version after all.

11 hours ago, oOMementoMoriOo said:

Servers just got yanked.

While in main gallery the game did give me cup for the extreme daily that ended while I was doing the daily even though I wasn't in the challenge painting. Glad they waited until the daily and weekly ended to yank the servers at least.

If only I had more time to practice lol...I was just 4 seconds shy of my 1st gold cup to get the trophy blah, that was the closest I'd been to gold this whole time lol...most of my silvers were midrange, no where near gold lol, those videos of those pros getting platinum cups is wild lol

Severs are still up for me as of 8:40PM GMT. Maybe it's a winding down per region?  Otherwise I dunno what gives. I literally only started playing again on September 29th just to live through the 'end of an era' moment, but now I'm actually becoming more resentful that the servers are not going down, LOL.

4 hours ago, POEman553 said:

Question I have for those who have Platinum'ed multiple versions of the game: If you have the Platinum on another version and Awesomeness 11, does any progress carry over to the PS3 version? I started on the Chinese region PS4 version recently and it had me at Awesomeness 8 when I started (after Platinum'ing the PS4 US version). I think I was at a similar spot with the Vita version (I'm not sure though since it's been awhile). If that's the case, it carries over and the servers are still up for the foreseeable future, I may be able to do PS3 version after all.

Did the Platinum on the PS4 version first, still had to start my online awesomeness level from scratch on the PS3 version. It might be more likely to work the other way around but I wouldn't be able to vouch for that.

Edited by STRYKIE

8 hours ago, POEman553 said:

Nothing transfers between platforms (PS4, PS3, Vita), but as you stated, points (not lums) from online challenges are shared between the two versions on PS4.