When EXACTLY will servers go down?

Shadow-30031989

On 10/3/2022 at 2:41 PM, STRYKIE said:

Severs are still up for me as of 8:40PM GMT. Maybe it's a winding down per region?  Otherwise I dunno what gives. I literally only started playing again on September 29th just to live through the 'end of an era' moment, but now I'm actually becoming more resentful that the servers are not going down, LOL.

Did the Platinum on the PS4 version first, still had to start my online awesomeness level from scratch on the PS3 version. It might be more likely to work the other way around but I wouldn't be able to vouch for that.

Oh yes on Monday morning after challenges reset, the server went down for almost 2 hrs but eventually came back up.

I'm not like half a second from getting a gold cup on the daily challenge, I've never been this close before for that trophy ugh idk if I can improve my speed anymore to get it within the next 2 hrs before reset.

Edit: was so close grrrr... Managed to improve a little bit more. Was 0.21 of a second too slow...only like 3 silvers were ahead of me before the gold time/person..grr. 

Edited by oOMementoMoriOo

Just checked with an UK dummy account, I'm STILL able to get into challenges. I'm not really convinced that it will stay up after this week so I'll check on it every day until next week. If it still works into next week, I'll be trying to Platinum this on my main account.

After checking every day last week, the challenges are still up. I think the servers for the challenges are tied to the platforms - so whenever PS4 version loses its access to challenges, so will PS3/Vita. I'm going to start the game on PS3 very soon and probably working like mad to get the Platinum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, POEman553 said:

After checking every day last week, the challenges are still up. I think the servers for the challenges are tied to the platforms - so whenever PS4 version loses its access to challenges, so will PS3/Vita. I'm going to start the game on PS3 very soon and probably working like mad to get the Platinum.

hi

there is no sense in buying the game on ps3 now, you wont get platinum from this, only offline trophies. Its actually true that servers are still alive (somehow), but they are gonna shutdown soon...
i"ve heard that ubisoft have just a problem with turning off the specific servers (PS3, WiiU, Xbox360 servers), beacuse they DONT want to turn off: PS4, Xbox one, nintendo switch (and problably psvita servers).

players also saw that servers on Old Gen (ps3 xbox360 wiiu), and on new gen (ps4 xbox one switch) werent working few days ago. One player called "Payurad" said: "End of servers!!! At exactly 10h15m and 02 seconds!!!!!", mean while 2 hours later person called "MepH-66" said "Hey, ps3 is also online lol" (one week ago).

weird kinda

Edited by x2-FoR-_u-MikoX

50 minutes ago, x2-FoR-_u-MikoX said:

hi

there is no sense in buying the game on ps3 now, you wont get platinum from this, only offline trophies. Its actually true that servers are still alive (somehow), but they are gonna shutdown soon...
i"ve heard that ubisoft have just a problem with turning off the specific servers (PS3, WiiU, Xbox360 servers), beacuse they DONT want to turn off: PS4, Xbox one, nintendo switch (and problably psvita servers).

players also saw that servers on Old Gen (ps3 xbox360 wiiu), and on new gen (ps4 xbox one switch) werent working few days ago. One player called "Payurad" said: "End of servers!!! At exactly 10h15m and 02 seconds!!!!!", mean while 2 hours later person called "MepH-66" said "Hey, ps3 is also online lol" (one week ago).

weird kinda

So it may not be a good idea then if Ubisoft can't turn off the servers for PS3/Xbox 360 if it turns off PS4 servers too.

Also, why would you presume I wouldn't get the Platinum from this? I mean I guess if we got people with Awesomeness 11 playing every day making Diamond cups impossible and not moving on and playing something else, then yeah I won't get the Platinum.

Edited by POEman553

1 hour ago, ElevExplorer65 said:

Just checked the PS3 version, and against all odds, the servers are still up!

This makes me smile that the almost there folks are going to get their plat. Make hay while the sun shines.  Hope everyone close gets it?

Edited by maisie666
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

I would love to do it, but at the same time i am scared to start it, since i don't know if they will shut it down or not.

I hope they don't, not just because I stupidly jumped into the game despite knowing about the planned closure, but also because I had all five Rayman Legends platinums on my old account and I'd love to pull that off again. But the servers haven't gone down since yesterday. I got 20 out of the required 1,866 (!!!) points needed from online challenges today and am set for 20 more points tomorrow.

Edited by ElevExplorer65
Forgot to mention servers are still up.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ElevExplorer65 said:

I hope they don't, not just because I stupidly jumped into the game despite knowing about the planned closure, but also because I had all five Rayman Legends platinums on my old account and I'd love to pull that off again. But the servers haven't gone down since yesterday. I got 20 out of the required 1,866 (!!!) points needed from online challenges today and am set for 20 more points tomorrow.

I do hope that you can finish it good luck ?. Everyday passed is a succes but also fearful at the same time. I think if it stays up 1 more month than I would say it might be worth it to start I think..

Edited by TazDevilz1986

On 10/14/2022 at 1:31 AM, TazDevilz1986 said:

I think if it stays up 1 more month than I would say it might be worth it to start I think..

What are you talking about? In another month you'll have no more assurance that it won't be shutdown, you'll just be a month behind where you could be if you started now.

On 10.10.2022 at 2:31 PM, POEman553 said:

So it may not be a good idea then if Ubisoft can't turn off the servers for PS3/Xbox 360 if it turns off PS4 servers too.

Also, why would you presume I wouldn't get the Platinum from this? I mean I guess if we got people with Awesomeness 11 playing every day making Diamond cups impossible and not moving on and playing something else, then yeah I won't get the Platinum.

beacuse its literally impossible to get platinum when you will start now. getting 2 gold cups per day + 2 golds from weeklies will make you to get platinum in around 2 months. Getting diamond cup every day will make you an platinum in around 2.5-3 weeks, but i dont think the servers will be up then. I was also talking with one of the ubi support person and he said that servers were supposted to shutdown on 1 october, but servers can shutdown later. He also said that servers closure will happen soon.

anyway, sorry for the late reply

• 2 weeks later...
On 10.10.2022 at 2:31 PM, POEman553 said:

servers are still up

if you want (of course), then you  can buy  this game and try to hit 11 awesomeness, cuz i dont think that servers gonna shutdown anytime soon...

good luck

Edited by x2-FoR-_u-MikoX