Trophy thoughts? Looks grindy!

McCullyCullen

I remember the time when I had to play 25 hours in a party for the Platinum for Rogue Company. It was a horrible experience that I don't want to relive. 500 Matches in a Party? No way. I'll play this game just for fun.

Edited by Sikutai
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, nrs1nrs1 said:

Yeah its gonna be a very long but not too complicated with boosting -- considering its F2P its almost guaranteed to be a UR, possibly even a sub-1% plat.

Yeah that was one of my first thoughts as well. Probably Ultra Rare - but shouldn't be too hard.

• Like 1

Looks really easy all things considered unless I'm missing something (maybe double ring outs are annoying?). I don't even think it will take that long. Probably like 40-60ish hrs depending on skill (games usually end in under 5 min). If boosting is possible, then it would probably be a 20 hr plat.

I love smash-like games, so I'll definitely go for it.

Edited by sepheroithisgod

List doesn't seem that hard at all.  Would be a nice game to platinum over a long period of time, playing a few matches here and there.  Only concern I would have would be the game not being hugely popular and your desperate to find matches 6 months after the release.  Otherwise, all the trophies seem like they would just naturally come with time if you played enough.

• Like 1

The trophy art is supremely lazy - inexcusably so, as WB could have easily taken a page from Tekken's book and assigned a character headshot to each of the various trophies. 

As for the list itself, this Platinum is going to take a ton of time, particularly the online ones. Winning 300 matches via matchmaking is going to be the Plat-breaker for anyone who isn't hardcore about trying to get all the trophies. 

• Like 2

Is this game also gonna be on PS4? I really wanna play another Smash clone!! I play Smash 64 almost every day with my brothers so for a game like this, the platinum should come naturally just by enjoying the game!

Definitely going to be grindy. Should be fairly easy to boost though. I think the worst ones are going to be the double ring out trophies and then the party trophies. 500 matches with another person is kind of ridiculous, and getting the double ring outs is going to take a lot of luck or a bit of coordination. This is definitely going to be an UR. Wouldn't surprise me if it ended being sub-1% too, since it's going to be F2P.

I'm really glad they went with a future proof list with no character specific trophies though. It's always a bummer getting a game way after launch and then being forced to play the base roster, rather than who you want. And I've noticed ongoing games with trophies tied to mechanics get changed and become a nightmare. Just making it simple do X thing X times makes sure this will always be obtainable and shouldn't have any issues in the future. Given the game is still up.

Edited by ExHaseo

This is not grindy at all

Being a smash clone means you're not limited by a lifebar or stuff like that, rounds can always be over within seconds, so even if you're not good at platform fighters those matches will be easily boostable in a few hours. They would really need to mess up the online/rematching for this to take long

Edited by LucasDiasC

10 minutes ago, LucasDiasC said:

This is not grindy at all

Being a smash clone means you're not limited by a lifebar or stuff like that, rounds can always be over within seconds, so even if you're not good at platform fighters those matches will be easily boostable in a few hours. They would really need to mess up the online/rematching for this to take long

"few hours"

Are you asuming there we be easy to set up a 1vs1 with your friend and count as a party if not good luck.

1 hour ago, JaneAusten69 said:

List doesn't seem that hard at all.  Would be a nice game to platinum over a long period of time, playing a few matches here and there.  Only concern I would have would be the game not being hugely popular and your desperate to find matches 6 months after the release.  Otherwise, all the trophies seem like they would just naturally come with time if you played enough.

This one seems to have more hype behind it when compared to Nick. The game being F2P on release and having cross-gen crossplay between all platforms also helps a lot in terms of longevity.

Edited by shipper321
  • Like 1