Trophy thoughts? Looks grindy!

McCullyCullen

1 hour ago, fresquinho said:

Can it be boosted with just another player? Or do we need multiple players? Sorry I didn't see much from the game yet. 

With one player. You just need a party of two.

1 hour ago, Treilio said:

Can you use 2 controllers for Party Animal or do you need an online friend?

An online friend or a second console with another account would work.

1 minute ago, Lil-Gameboy123 said:

The Spike trophies are so annoying. Im self boosting them, but I don’t know what Spikes count and what doesn’t. Most of my Spikes see the bots bounce around and get ring out anywhere else except the bottom of the screen.

The spike one is easiest with a partner so they can hang on the wall and you can spike them from there. It may be possible doing it yourself but it'll just be harder.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Enzo_0684 said:

Fastest way that I know is to go into online, pick Co-Op vs AI as your mode and lock in whatever character's you want (Preferably fast moving ones) and then run off the ledge together with your partner. By doing this you'll end the match in second's. Make sure to always rematch as well as this will count as another match. Keep doing this over and over until the trophy pops. However make sure not to do a custom match since party's don't form in those. If you need the 300 win's trophy as well you can get win's while going for this, and once the trophy pop's go back to losing. Good luck

About the 300 victories, can they be done in custom match 1v1 or they specifically need to be done in Coop vs AI?

Edited by veinte-justo
Add info

3 hours ago, veinte-justo said:

About the 300 victories, can they be done in custom match 1v1 or they specifically need to be done in Coop vs AI?

Custom match's work. I recommend doing custom match 1v1 and only 1 ringout. Will be incredibly fast with a partner 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JhOnNY_HD said:

Thats the real question.

Will be stupid playing 300 victories on custom to realize another 500 matches in party on another mode

The 500 matches in a party trophy DOES NOT count in a custom game. The game doesn’t count a 2 v 2 custom game as anyone being in a party.

Any mode that gives you that 30% XP bonus and 30% bonus gold (for being in a party) counts towards the party animal trophy. 

The 300 wins you need CAN be earned in a custom match, but if you start playing the game and do nothing but grind 300 custom game wins, you’ll still need to start from scratch and play in a party for 500 matches to get that party animal trophy.

Edited by b-radg1995

1 hour ago, b-radg1995 said:

The 500 matches in a party trophy DOES NOT count in a custom game. The game doesn’t count a 2 v 2 custom game as anyone being in a party.

Any mode that gives you that 30% XP bonus and 30% bonus gold (for being in a party) counts towards the party animal trophy. 

The 300 wins you need CAN be earned in a custom match, but if you start playing the game and do nothing but grind 300 custom game wins, you’ll still need to start from scratch and play in a party for 500 matches to get that party animal trophy.

The best form is playing with partner on player vs IA online win 300 games and suicide the 200 left right?

On 7/23/2022 at 8:30 AM, G1_Burgertime said:

Only problem is that we're getting more than the current roster, and they're likely to not add more trophies as they add characters. While your list is fun, it only takes the base roster into account. 

Then release more later on for new characters that don't count toward the base plat.

Overwatch does it, Destiny 2 does it, Spider-Man, Horizon, every game with DLC adds more trophies that don't count toward the platinum.

Or don't release new trophies with the new characters.

On 7/28/2022 at 8:53 AM, JhOnNY_HD said:

The best form is playing with partner on player vs IA online win 300 games and suicide the 200 left right?

I would recommend for maximum efficiency, once you have the 300 wins (which you can do in any mode) to boot up games with a partner, preferably against bots (but again outside of custom games) and fall off the edge of the map to speed it up. (Matches need to last for at least 30 seconds to count as of 7/29/22)

Edited by b-radg1995

25 minutes ago, DrZero_1983 said:

The most important question that nobody asked is: can the platinum be achieved playing only as Shaggy 100% of the time, without the need to use the lesser characters? 1f61d.png

Shaggy is the only character you should plat the game with ?

• Like 1

So, let me try to get this straight:

If I'm actually playing matches for fun and not trying to just "boost" them with a partner, the most efficient way to play to get all the wins/matches trophies would be in a party, right?

Because even in a party, any 2v2 wins are considered matchmade game wins?

8 minutes ago, MiHighGator said:

So, let me try to get this straight:

If I'm actually playing matches for fun and not trying to just "boost" them with a partner, the most efficient way to play to get all the wins/matches trophies would be in a party, right?

Because even in a party, any 2v2 wins are considered matchmade game wins?

correct

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

Not really grindy at all. Honestly find them very easy. The game is fun and with a friend it's even better. Almost have the plat myself the last trophy for me will be the 500 matches. I just play it a little at a time and the new characters add more "oomph" to the game.

This entirely. Everything else has came perfectly naturally for me on my quest to get 100%. I think I'm around 75 party games left for the plat, but what I do is play every day to work on the current daily challenges and then stop for the day. I will continue playing it after getting the plat because it's loads of fun and I want to unlock everything possible eventually!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It is incredibly grindy.  I tried it the first week it was available and thought it was pretty cool.  Proceeded to play for a couple weeks and got most of the trophies.  The long grind one's in this game are incredibly boring though, like hard to stay awake boring, and I honestly have struggled to even go back to finish it.  

It reminds me a lot of Kung Fu Panda Showdown of Legendary Legends, where the majority of the time you are waiting on load screens, and since I recently did that platinum, I don't have the gumption yet to do that again.

26 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

It is incredibly grindy.  I tried it the first week it was available and thought it was pretty cool.  Proceeded to play for a couple weeks and got most of the trophies.  The long grind one's in this game are incredibly boring though, like hard to stay awake boring, and I honestly have struggled to even go back to finish it.  

It reminds me a lot of Kung Fu Panda Showdown of Legendary Legends, where the majority of the time you are waiting on load screens, and since I recently did that platinum, I don't have the gumption yet to do that again.

Each to their own but it's a hard disagree from me on this one.

Kung Fu Panda was terrible, and I actually think Multiversus is the best Smash knock off I've played. Still doesn't compare to Smash, but as something I can play on the Playstation, it more than fits the bill.

I can't deny the grind though. Me and my friend have been playing this (real matches, not against bots) on and off for the last few weeks, and I think we're only just about to get the plat in the next couple of sessions.

24 minutes ago, HelixNebula_x said:

Each to their own but it's a hard disagree from me on this one.

Kung Fu Panda was terrible, and I actually think Multiversus is the best Smash knock off I've played. Still doesn't compare to Smash, but as something I can play on the Playstation, it more than fits the bill.

I can't deny the grind though. Me and my friend have been playing this (real matches, not against bots) on and off for the last few weeks, and I think we're only just about to get the plat in the next couple of sessions.

I agree that Multiversus is the best Smash knock off there is. Definitely better than that pitiful Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl. I personally find it as good as PlayStation All Stars was, with an all star lineup and iconic maps, with many ways to mix and match your playstyle.

15 minutes ago, Lil-Gameboy123 said:

I agree that Multiversus is the best Smash knock off there is. Definitely better than that pitiful Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl. I personally find it as good as PlayStation All Stars was, with an all star lineup and iconic maps, with many ways to mix and match your playstyle.

Unfortunately, never had the chance to play Playstation All Stars but I feel like I would have liked it. The Nickelodeon one was absolutely piss poor, thank god it was an easy plat.

The only thing Multiversus is missing in my opinion is: more maps (I feel like there's only about 5-6 in the whole game, and I've never even seen the new Basketball one come up in the actual rotation yet), and maybe something like the Final Smash from Smash Bros. The ultimate moves are one of the best ideas that series has ever had IMO.