Dustin Furman? I mean, trophy thoughts?

4 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Ironically, I'd argue there actually is a gap in the market for some kind of super-crass, deliberately irreverent or purposefully silly FMV comedy games - a sort of FMV take on Jazzpunk or Leisure Suit Larry -  or the game equivalent of The Room or Showgirls or Birdemic: Shock and Awe.

The problem with that stuff though, is incredibly rare that that kind of gold happens accidentally...

... and incredible difficult to make a good version of deliberately.

Unfortunately, this appears to be both low effort and unfunny - which most likely poisons the well for any future good game that might have come along to fill that market gap.

These kind of games are way more prevalent on steam and recently the switch also get a lot like these games. But playstation is really lacking behind. I think its good if playstation can somehow attract these devs to actually drop their games on playstation.

I liked hijacker jack as a bit of a non- sensical, isnt supposed to be funny, but kinda is FMV game. Actually released on mobile first.

As well as Just say No! As for example a more pure comedy driven game.

This dev btw, made (according to the other thread) the kimulator games. Which is one of the extremely meme-ish, unfunny series which came out when steam's quality control was on its deadbed. I use to like these kind of games, but as I grow older. They are just not funny to me anymore. ?

games need to indeed be unnesceraly funny. The best bad games are the ones that are developed to be good. But are so bad thats its actually good in the proces. Kinda like for example magus.

Edited by Bumperklever
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, enaysoft said:

I am being genuinely honest. It's amazing that I am actually writing a sentence like this, this is unfortunately how far low the bar has been set in recent times.

Remember when Nubla and Orc Slayer were the peak of easy platinum opprobrium (they took less than 5 hours to finish!!)? Aaah, the times, they have changed. :D

3 hours ago, visighost said:

Remember when Nubla and Orc Slayer were the peak of easy platinum opprobrium (they took less than 5 hours to finish!!)? Aaah, the times, they have changed. :D

That's nothing, I remember when Terminator Salvation was (in)famous for ridiculously easy platinum and you had to complete whole regular 8 hour game on hard difficulty.
Seeing these shovelest of wares makes me incredibly sad, the Platinum inflation is very much real.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, czDante92 said:

That's nothing, I remember when Terminator Salvation was (in)famous for ridiculously easy platinum and you had to complete whole regular 8 hour game on hard difficulty.
Seeing these shovelest of wares makes me incredibly sad, the Platinum inflation is very much real.

And now you have threads like this one...

2 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

Yeah, I just read the thread, exactly what I was talking about. Back then it was janky cover based TPS (and now it's even jankier), not exactly easy, but you didn't have to jump through any extra hoops, or complete the game on some crazy survivor difficulty, and that was enough to be considered easy and quick platinum. Now, an easy platinum is something you can do in 30 minutes and could be done by average intelligent chicken, as long as you put some feed around X button.
Shame one these "devs", shame on Sony for allowing such filth on Store and shame on people buying this shit to get easy Platinums. I was tolerant until the ZJ games, and now with [THING] [LETTER] games, I will actively call out anyone supporting this bullshit.

2 hours ago, czDante92 said:

Yeah, I just read the thread, exactly what I was talking about. Back then it was janky cover based TPS (and now it's even jankier), not exactly easy, but you didn't have to jump through any extra hoops, or complete the game on some crazy survivor difficulty, and that was enough to be considered easy and quick platinum. Now, an easy platinum is something you can do in 30 minutes and could be done by average intelligent chicken, as long as you put some feed around X button.
Shame one these "devs", shame on Sony for allowing such filth on Store and shame on people buying this shit to get easy Platinums. I was tolerant until the ZJ games, and now with [THING] [LETTER] games, I will actively call out anyone supporting this bullshit.

30 minutes? You are going too far, usually this games are advertised as 1-3 mins plats...

15 hours ago, Colin_Raleigh said:

I hate to say this but the game's title kind of reminds me of some of the vulgar things I've said while frustrated at a video game I'm playing. 1f602.png

You told your game you were in love with its dead grandmother?

I usually just say, “Dammit!”

5 hours ago, DeepEyes7 said:

He ain’t wrong, though. That game was easy, but man - it took me a month to put it out of its misery.

As for this game (and thread),  I’m sure it sucks, but people will still play it. What more is there to say?

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

On 7/19/2022 at 2:24 PM, starcrunch061 said:

You told your game you were in love with its dead grandmother?

I usually just say, “Dammit!”

No, actually sometimes when I rage on a game I'll tell it to go suck its grandmother's cock. ?

Edited by Colin_Raleigh
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/18/2023 at 4:35 AM, Sarah-Kimochiii said:

is he french ? cause he speaks english like us, same accent and pronounciation xd

i'am shocked if the case lol

French Canadian.