Is there any way to charge a controller on the PS5 with the VR headset plugged in?

Sendai-Horatio

I seem to be having issues, I can either have the PSVR set up connected to the PS5 or charge the controller. I can't seem to be able to do both. Despite there being an extra vacant port, the controller will not charge when inserted and will only start to charge once the PSVR is unplugged from the system. Is there some means of remedying this? Would a controller charging dock work while plugged into the system instead?

you should be able to just plug the usb end of the cable into a wall-charger

EDIT:

I'll also add - connecting a charging dock to the system is not particularly advantageous - much better to have a charging dock connected to mains power. That way, multiple controllers get charged without having to pull through the PS5, and all your USB ports on the PS5 remain free for other things.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

This can be easily done.

If you connect your PSVR to the rear of the PS5 via the free cable that SONY supplies and then simply buy a USB > C adapter that slots onto the left front of the PS5's C slot, then attach a USB to C cable to this with the USB part going into the connector on the and the C part going into the PS5 dual sense.

This is how I got mine set up and it works absolutely flawlessly.

This is all that you will need...

nonda USB C to USB Adapter(2 Pack),USB-C to USB 3.0 Adapter,USB Type-C to USB,Thunderbolt 3 to USB Female Adapter OTG for MacBook Pro 2019/2018/2017,MacBook Air 2018,Surface Go,and More Type-C Devices: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Edited by Septic_Phlegm