Any missable trophies?

yosoydiegoumana

No, there are no missables due to having Chapter Select.

You need to do the Speedrun in under 2hrs though else it won't pop, so technically you could class that as one, but its self explanatory.

Edited by Ashbo
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, yosoydiegoumana said:

Are there any missable trophies in the game? if there please respond

As the others have said no, except complete the game in under 2 hours trophy. Anything you miss along the way besides that can be done via chapter select.

Edited by DARKKRAKEN666
  • Like 1

Make sure to hit a checkpoint (press Option and check the last checkpoint time) after getting a collectible through chapter select. I went back for a memory, and quit out after getting it, and it didn't register. I had to do something else in the chapter to hit a checkpoint and after that, it did count.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Such-A-Goonie said:

Make sure to hit a checkpoint (press Option and check the last checkpoint time) after getting a collectible through chapter select. I went back for a memory, and quit out after getting it, and it didn't register. I had to do something else in the chapter to hit a checkpoint and after that, it did count.

Thanks this will be useful. In some games you can change some stuff in the options menu so it will do an autosave for you. Maybe this works too? I will check it out later..

Edited by ShadyWARcotix
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ashbo said:

No, there are no missables due to having Chapter Select.

You need to do the Speedrun in under 2hrs though else it won't pop, so technically you could class that as one, but its self explanatory.

Is that 'no' proper confirmation for Territory as well because that is another possible missable?? What happens if we miss a scratch, is reloading the chapter we missed a scratch on enough, or must be replay the whole game again, or must be replay from the chapter we missed a scratch and to the end again??

31 minutes ago, sephirothdude said:

If you pause the game when doing the speedrun does that stop the timer or does it keep going ?

Pause does stop the timer, but restarts are added unfortunately!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Is that 'no' proper confirmation for Territory as well because that is another possible missable?? What happens if we miss a scratch, is reloading the chapter we missed a scratch on enough, or must be replay the whole game again, or must be replay from the chapter we missed a scratch and to the end again??

They're saved per chapter, so if you miss one you can chapter select to get it, you just don't have any way of knowing what you missed unless you kept track on your own. 

I also do think the way they're tracked is weird and you don't actually need one in every chapter technically, just in an area included in that chapter. So like Chapters 4/6/7 you technically only need to do it once in Chapter 4 since all of those Chapters you are in the Slums area, and in Chapters 10/11 you only need to do it once in Chapter 10 since you're in Midtown in both. I missed a couple on PS4 and when I went back and redid them it popped after I did the one in Chapter 9, which is a wholly unique area, when I know I hadn't done ones yet in Chapters 7 and 11 where I also missed them. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AiManiaTrophyhuntres said:

Not true, restarts and death' are not added, tried that several times. Its only added when going ro far, hitting the next checkpoint, and once it was added for me as a bug, usually it is not added.

This is exactly what I meant, it gets added, when you get to the next checkpoint!! Otherwise there is nothing to add anyway!!

The way I tested it was I just idle for 3 minutes, this way added on the timer when paused. Then I restarted checkpoint. I then went 1 minute to the next checkpoint and then quit back to the main menu. When I looked at the time, 4 minutes was added, not 1 minute!!

Is that how you tested and got the same result??

I think the way around it is to quit instead of restarting

26 minutes ago, Gage said:

They're saved per chapter, so if you miss one you can chapter select to get it, you just don't have any way of knowing what you missed unless you kept track on your own. 

I also do think the way they're tracked is weird and you don't actually need one in every chapter technically, just in an area included in that chapter. So like Chapters 4/6/7 you technically only need to do it once in Chapter 4 since all of those Chapters you are in the Slums area, and in Chapters 10/11 you only need to do it once in Chapter 10 since you're in Midtown in both. I missed a couple on PS4 and when I went back and redid them it popped after I did the one in Chapter 9, which is a wholly unique area, when I know I hadn't done ones yet in Chapters 7 and 11 where I also missed them. 

Oh really, thanks for the update!! Shame we can't see which we missed.

Restarting checkpoint from the pause menu does add to the time. I restarted my run on PS4 because I was taking too many tries in the Zurk chase in Chapter 2, and was already up to 30 minutes of playtime when I went back to the main menu and checked my save. 

3 hours ago, Gage said:

Restarting checkpoint from the pause menu does add to the time. I restarted my run on PS4 because I was taking too many tries in the Zurk chase in Chapter 2, and was already up to 30 minutes of playtime when I went back to the main menu and checked my save. 

Yea Im not sure how we happens, but we always seem to confirm things work, and also confirm they don't work, unless restarts only add to the time on PS4 because that's where I'm testing it as well xD.

Did @AiManiaTrophyhuntres test on PS5??

The way around it maybe to quit instead of restart, but I've not had chance to test that yet.

I guess it's only really a problem if trying to do as many trophies as possible along with the speedrun.

EDIT:

I did a small bit more testing for my own peace of mind and any Restarts WILL carry the time. The current time spent along with the time spent on the previous restarts will all be added once you reach the next checkpoint.

However, if you quit to the main menu instead of restarting checkpoint, and just continue the file from there, that way will NOT carry the time!!!

So if timer is a concern, do not restart from the pause menu, instead quit to the main menu and then load the file from there instead!!

I checked pausing again, with the pause menu restarting and the quitting and that doesn't get added luckily, the timer stops on the pause menu.

Another thing of note that I noticed is that collectibles, memories for example will remain soft-saved even after restarts. What I mean is that if I get memory #2, then die and without hitting a checkpoint afterwards and then get back to that spot again, then the memory will not be there!! But, if you quit to main menu, that will wipe the soft-saved memory and when you load the game back up, you will have to get it again then!!

I guess the way around the above is to just reach a checkpoint first which should hard-save any collectibles acquired just before, then it won't matter if you quit, it will remain saved!!

Edited by Optinooby

8 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Another thing of note that I noticed is that collectibles, memories for example will remain soft-saved even after restarts. What I mean is that if I get memory #2, then die and without hitting a checkpoint afterwards and then get back to that spot again, then the memory will not be there!! But, if you quit to main menu, that will wipe the soft-saved memory and when you load the game back up, you will have to get it again then!!

I guess the way around the above is to just reach a checkpoint first which should hard-save any collectibles acquired just before, then it won't matter if you quit, it will remain saved!!

And what about changing some stuff in the settings? Because in some games you can avoid playing to the next checkpoint when you collected a collectible. You can change an option, it auto saves and the collectibles are automatically saved and you can quit the game.

I restarted several times my checkpoints or died and stopped my overall time with my phone, i never stopped for restarts bc I wantednto know my full time. When my phone hit 2 hours and i finished the game I was suprised that my save file said I made it in 1:50h so my 2 times dying and 4 minutes of restart bc I had a bug and one NPC wasnt moving anymore were not added to the time. 

One thing alwasy adds: when you back out to mainmenu and then continue, you lose 10 second of loading time that is added to the save while playing without backing out saves this time, which means that having a break or back out to check your time will always add 10sec per stop.

Oh and yes I only played on ps5, as you can see in profile, but I also played the ps4 version, which needs a few sec more, like around 20 for a reload.

But yes I noticed inconsistencies as well since like one or two times time was indeed added in another run I did. That usually didnt happen  so I thought It might be a bug. I also noticed that around other trophies, sometimes things work one way and sometimes they dont.

On my first run I got the music sheet trophy early on but no badge, I got the music badge together with the colorful backpack after finding the last memory, my second playthrough I got the badge from the music guy as expected.

So I guess we will always have differences on our runs but nothing is a big deal or even gamebreaking, thats the important thing.

Edited by AiManiaTrophyhuntres