Can’t Cat-ch Me can go F itself

trojbrown40

On 7/20/2022 at 2:46 PM, rockhopper78 said:

This trophy has stopped my intent to get a double platinum from this game. I know I’ll get it eventually on PS5 version. But no way in hell I’m going to play the PS4 version after, all because of this one frustrating trophy. Spent an hour at least on it and still no luck.

There is always this one stupid trophy that stops me from playing a second version of a game lol

Edited by XXIIlII
  • Like 2

Did it this morning after a lot of tries. The zigzag only work when they jump at you but other than that, you can just go straight. I do not think video are really helpful since some moments are just RNG. 

So I guess the only advice I can give is to take this trophy as a grind one. Put some music, breathe, and just try over and over until the stars aligned.

1 hour ago, The Alchemist said:

Okay guys, so I was raging about this very trophy in the trophy thoughts thread yesterday. Started back at it today with a fresh head and renewed hope. Managed to get it on my third attempt today. I'll share what worked for me on my successful run, and some other tips I've learned after well over 100+ attempts at this awful trophy. 

So after my successful run, I tried the section again another 5 or 6 times to see if this was a fluke, or if it was a legit foolproof method. It worked every time for me. It's almost so obvious now in retrospect that I feel incredibly stupid not to have thought of it earlier. What you need to do in the tighter sections where the zurks come down steps and start converging on you from different areas etc. is HUG THE WALL. I mean absolutely stick as close to the wall as possible. If the zurks come from the right, stick to the wall on the left and vice versa. They will jump at you but will miss you by a lot, seemingly it's impossible for them to latch onto you when you're by the wall. Just to reiterate, I tried this method another 5-6 times to see if it was an actual method that could be used, or if I just got lucky. It worked every single time for me. I really think this is the key to a successful run. It should be noted that near the final section you can go left, or right down some steps. I only ever went left at this bit so I don't know how going right would affect this method, if at all. 

Some other tips that may or may not have been mentioned already:

1. Don't zig-zag too much, especially in the wider open sections because you'll inevitably zig-zag into the path of a zurk. Also time your zig-zags, because they do slow you down a lot.

2. I found that my thumb would begin to slip off the left stick at about the halfway point of a run. By all means pause the game to compose yourself before continuing if need be, just make sure you do it after you've passed a group of zurks. 

That's all I can really think of now, but yeah make sure you try the wall method and let me know if it works for you, which hopefully it will. Good luck! 

Yeah, those strats were the same I used in my successful runs, hugging the walls and zigzagging in tighter spaces going towards Zurks at first and then dodge.

Edited by ryuzakix5

I do not have a video because after two hours of trying I finally got it. The only consistency I found is at the beginning just stay to the wall opposite the bugs each way. The first staircase out of the laundry room is tricky but what I did is after you see the first bug jump cut left then right. For the next staircase in the red area stay far left and then go right and the far left again to avoid the red crate bugs. The next room hug the far wall on the right then straight through the bug nest cutting left, right, left when the bugs jump. At the big sign turn left but not too tight or they instant grab you, cut left and right as needed. The last section you need to stay left on the wall and only go out a bit to the right and do one or two cuts to clear it straight for the staircase. Best of luck, loving the game but terrible trophy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, XcoreXBRUTAL said:

Personaly i got it on my 5 ou 6th attempt. but i knew it will be a pain in the *** for players. the zigzag methode work well  for me but only zigzag when they jump. because the will eventuly grab you. i'm sure you will get it soon buddy.

Same here, got it on my 7th attempt or something like that. The zig zag method helps a lot but you also have to run straight in some places. There is definitely RNG involved and in one attempt I got jumped by a Zurk on the first corner. Wtf haha. Got the plat few minutes ago and there is also a lot of space for error in the under 2 hours trophy so this great for people who don't like speedrun trophies.

Edited by ShadyWARcotix
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I haven't started the game yet, so don't have context on this specific trophy - and I'm never one to make light or fun of folks finding something difficult (Lord knows, I'm usually the one struggling!)...

...but come on, guys. 

The game's been out for 1 day!

Even if you had been bashing your head against this one trophy literally since the moment the game downloaded, that would still only be about 24 hours. 

I get that some stuff can feel frustrating in the moment, but are we really at a point where a mere few hours of trying to get a trophy is enough to be considered "Hell" or "impossible" or having "taken ages"?

Exactly my thoughts. It's maybe annoying, yes, it's a little bit rng involved, yes but people are exaggerating imo. I heard a lot of complains in many games, like the classic race in Mafia 1 etc and in the end it wasn't that hard.

At first people cried about the speedrun trophy before the game got released and now this one. Maybe some people should take breaks and try again in the next day instead of opening threads with "impossible" or "totally annoying" trophies.

• Like 2

on ps5 version took me 6 attempts, ps4 version only 2. Not hard at all, as other said zig zag run as much you can and hug walls opposite from they are coming so you can still have some seconds while they jump to move out of the way. Good luck everyone.

• Like 1

If they spawn on the right then your starting position should be the left.

First you run away and then 

you run towards them as they jump and they will always miss you.

So it's left right left right. You're almost doing a scooping motion to miss their jumps. You shouldn't be on the same side as they spawn because they will then jump in that direction and you will dodge into them. Very annoying but once it clicks it's simple. 

Edited by A-D-I-L_99

I did this while waiting for the sleep pills to kick in. I can't remember much since it's one of the side effects hahahah

It's not that hard. Chill.

• Like 1

Hate to be that guy but I got it on my second attempt ? After I failed the first time almost immediately, I remembered there was a trophy for the first Zurk chase. So I checked the tips section on the trophy list and watched the hints video on how to do it. Followed his zig zag method and got the trophy with absolutely no hassle. But having read through this thread, I am wondering if I got super lucky ?

What a headache of a trophy. The worst part is the narrow blue alley just before climbing the stairs with the neon sign pointing left, there always seems to be one that would jump a B line straight to me. Once you get past that part then the Zurks are a little bit more predictable, but yes, maddening trophy.

The problem is that on one run when something works you do the exact same thing on the next run and they catch you. You can't 'get gud' because it is random every time they jump

Edited by Smash41
  • Like 2

I can imagine the frustration with it being random. I’m personally awful at most games, I’m stuck on countless Ratalaika games for example ? I can try the same thing over and over 1000 times over a period of a year and still not get it, so maybe I’m just used to everything taking me 100 times longer than everyone else - and that’s with games that aren’t randomised. So I’m just struggling to understand how people can be so raged with a game that’s only been out a day ?

Needy baby greedy baby indeed ?

• Like 1

I got this after an hour on my 2nd attempt after:-

Changing the sprint button to X

Plugging some headphones in so my controller didn't make any stupid noises.

I think the 2nd thing was what made me relax and get this.

• Like 1

This trophy took me 6 tries, and i dont say this to brag or whatever but seriously, its like they smacked a difficult trophy right at your face when you begin the game basically in the city, im sorry but this trophy is literally rng based and annoying.

Edited by II-BurnedSins-II
  • Like 1