Can’t Cat-ch Me can go F itself

trojbrown40

21 hours ago, Jermster_91 said:

Have you tried taking a break and get some fresh air?

Sometimes going at it with a positive attitude helps.

Hope you get the trophy.

This is actually good advice!! Like losing to a boss in a Souls game repeatedly; after the fifth loss, just go to bed and you will almost always beat it on your first try the next day.

• Like 1

I just needed to vent and hear others share their strategy. Thank you to those who did offer tips. I worked all day and looked forward to relaxing and playing a cat game that extra and premium members received for free. What I didn’t expect was how tough and luck based this trophy was. No 2 runs are ever the same. Yes there is a learning curve on when to juke and when to run straight ahead. I had to step away yesterday but approached it with fresh eyes and was able to get it in about 10 runs. That Pacifist trophy is really going to suck as I want to kill every single last of the Zurk. Good luck everyone and keep at it. Step away if need be or vent away…it actually helped. 

• Like 4

Its a pain I agree, but doable (I mean this in a non condescending way to those yet to do it).

The zig zagging is the preferred method, but imo doesnt lend itself to how you control the cat as it feels more clunky, especially in tight alleyways, where manouvrebility is tight. Hugging walls can help, but its not a guarantee. What can help, albeit again not 100% is to quickly turn the opposite way to your current direction and then back and then away again as you encounter the zurks jumping off the walls in the tighter areas. Basically fake the AI with a two way direction shift if you will. Almost a rapid side to side (Left, Right, Left) or the oppposite depending on preference.

The other tip, is about half way, the path splits, where you can go upstairs or down (left upstair, right down).

This may help those who either dont know about it and are going the same route everytime, or want to try an alternate one in the hope of doing the perfect run.

Hopefully this helps and more pop the trophy under less frustration.

17 hours ago, AyAerith said:

I'll try to reply with a clear head, I've been stuck on this trophy for at least 250 attempts and nearing the 2 hour mark now. What is making this so frustrating is:

1. This would be a stress-free game for non-trophy hunters

2. This is so early in the game, 17 minutes according to my save file that I've loaded 250 times

3. This trophy is 100% RNG, however by "zig zagging in various degrees" you are under the illusion that you have control

4. All of the video guides (I've actually watched all 12 on Youtube as of this writing) aren't helpful

5. The sections I am stuck at are a non-factor in every single video I've watched

6. In practice (dead run), I've got the ending down to a tee. Once in about 30-40 attempts I actually make it to the final section, I get caught in a way I haven't before

7. There is no way to make the trophy easier, ie "getting gud," cat upgrades to come back later, etc. You either suffer now or suffer later

8. You come here to rant and hear people complain that it took them "30 minutes" or "a few tries" when you're literally about to go insane

It doesn't matter if the game has been out for a day, or out for 100 days. Unless someone finds a "cheese," which I guess is possible, this trophy is not getting any easier or less frustrating.

Take a breath

• Like 1

On 7/19/2022 at 9:44 PM, Jermster_91 said:

Have you tried taking a break and get some fresh air?

Sometimes going at it with a positive attitude helps.

Hope you get the trophy.

Yeah as annoying as it is to have to take a break when you get tilted, I got it in 2-3 attempts after taking a half-hour break.

No correlation really since it's pretty RNG heavy, but it's definitely better going in with a calmer mind for your own sanity lmao

I got this trophy after ~20 tries. I took big zig zags in the beginning and hugged the walls doing tiny zig zags when it narrow areas like the stairs. I also found going downstairs rather than upstairs was significantly easier. I usually rage on trophies like these, but I tried to remain as optimistic and calm as possible and I really think it helped! I understand being frustrated though. I hope everyone who is struggling is able to achieve it!

I think people (out of frustration ofc) made it harder than it was meant to be. People who have played Crash/THPS etc. know it's nothing. I don't want to turn it into a heated polemic just wanted to state it as a fact due to the nature of those games. Sometimes you just try hundreds of times and each section takes minutes each try. In this game, you literally start at the fkn beginning of the chase after the reloading checkpoint and each try takes around 20-50 secs (a successful run takes just under a min itself) so even if you have tried hundreds of times, it's relatively a short trophy. 

Due to the nature of this game and compared to other trophies (inc. the speedrun), it stands out the most for sure. RNG makes it annoying, I get it, however, it's not a platinum killer either. Imho, if it was more skill-oriented than the RNG, it could have been more fun for most but probably less tense. Sometimes I prefer RNG over skill, in this scenario I'd prefer skill simply because it's a cat game that requires not much skill. However, the RNG factor made it more fun for me than it could have ever been. Not every trophy needs to be a cakewalk. 

ps: I believe there are 2 tight spots that make it problematic. Some say zigzagging slows you down but that's how I got it. In open areas, it helped more than it did not (due to rng sometimes you just don't see it coming) but in tight alleyways, I got caught %90 of the time. I tried to stick to the walls as suggested above. I really cannot calculate in my head how much of that was actual luck. Probably most but it somewhat gives you the illusion of achieving it. 

Edited by Realtione
grammar
  • Like 1

Took me about 40 attempts. My strategy below because wall hugging didn't seem to work for me:

• Run straight towards each group of zurks as they spawn in (this draws them in and makes them jump/run towards where you are heading)
  • Almost instantly pull away in the opposite direction

Worked for me, and got me within about 5 seconds from the end ~5 times before I finally actually got to the end on my ~40th time.

20 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

The game's been out for 1 day!

are we really at a point where a mere few hours of trying to get a trophy is enough to be considered "Hell" or "impossible" or having "taken ages"?

I'd say we've been there for a good while now.  Regarding this particular game, it seems as though everyone just wants to try and get their name onto the Fastest Achievers screen, as though that actually means something.

It is, quite frankly, ridiculous that there are so many complaints over one trophy in a game that's only been out for about two days now.  God forbid that a game that looks to be pretty easy should have a grand total of ONE semi-challenging aspect to it, and that people might actually have to spend a bit of time on it to get it done.

• Like 3

On 2022/7/20 at 9:36 AM, trojbrown40 said:

I’m an above average gamer but this trophy sucks balls! The homing missiles of these things in tight alleyways is complete and utter BS. I’m zig-zagging like a mofo and been at it for over 2 hours now. I’ve watched a few guides out there as well for strategy and no dice. What worked for them might only work 1 out of 10 times. The randomness to these little leeches has sadly taken me out of the game. If you did it in 1-12 tries..good for you..no need to rub my nose in it. Hope they patch this crap. Just needed to vent. 

I share your anger and annoyance. Those who suggests us take a break cannot reverse the frustration we ate.

I have written to the developer to ask for a reasonable adjustment - reduce the no. of groups of bugs and bugs themselves, and reduce the hitbox on the cat. Stray should be a relaxing one, anything annoying defeats the purpose. We expect this game to be a 3A top game, but turn out it is a low-price simulator game. And then the trophy list is not funny at all - why 2hr speedrun for such cute cat simulator? Won't play the game nor recommend it to fellow gamers until they fix that.

13 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I guess it's the fact I'm like 200 hours into chasing one single challenge in Tetris Effect, (and still not even close,) that makes the idea of describing a few hours battling this one as "so frustrating" seem a little bit absurd! 1f602.png

You can't define other's feeling. Feeling is real only to the subject. What you say is just like "why don't you try not to be sad?". Try to say something else that won't increase suicide rate of the world.

Your emoji can't hide your arrogance as well, premium member.

Edited by R_vNistelrooy
  • Like 1