Can’t Cat-ch Me can go F itself

trojbrown40

1 hour ago, BDRick35 said:

Used the PS+ hint tactic (running circles) which worked for me after a week of trying the trophy until the frustration kicks in. Maybe around 200 tries. It's not hard, just annoying

If a person is playing on the PS4 version for example because they don't own a PS5, there is gonna be no PS+ hint.

took me 1,5 hours and i think i injured my hand trying this ? in the end i turned vibration off, set rectangle on, look sensitivity high, and did a rebind for running to r1 instead of r2. that helped a little. also when i had a particular hard run I'd die and try again instead of resetting the check point in the menu. idk if that does anything but I'd like to think it did ? good luck to anyone still trying, you'll get it eventually!!

7 minutes ago, downey82 said:

I meant since the game come out 1f602.png

I know - I'm only teasing ?

made me laugh because it reminded me of myself...

*fails challenge 103 times straight, but resets before it technically finishes*

*does it on the 104th attempt*

"Yes! Done first time!" ?

• Like 3

On 30/07/2022 at 5:19 PM, DivineNocturne said:

It doesn't help in the tight alleyway that the one right next to you can jump and will 100% hit you no matter what you do, great game stupid trophy.

I was helping my partner out with this trophy and I found that one thing that seemed to help in that alley with reasonable consistency was as the zurks start emerging down from the left, pull the stick back to run backwards for a split second then go forward with a slight wiggle through them and they miss you far more often than if you try to pass as they're still falling.

Yep the title says it.  Many many many attempts and I can't get past the spot where you make the hard left.  Everyone with the tips it all seems so dam random as to how the little sh--ts jump.  Sometimes you can plow into them and then other times nope.  The trophy can go F-itself & screw the plat.

• Like 2

I don't know what it is but I just got it on my 3rd go on the PS4 version versus my hundreds of tries on PS5 the cat feels slippery smooth on PS4 as well as felt the zurks were less aggressive or something idk how it happened honestly lol

• Like 1

On 23/07/2022 at 1:03 AM, KettleDown said:

I remapped x to run but I forgot to remap a new jump button… got to the end and failed as I couldn’t jump to the window and they caught me. Let that sink in, I felt sick.

walked away and came back and managed it after another 20 or so runs. I don’t care what anyone says, there is a lot of luck involved 

Man that is sick ;) Glad you managed it a second time tho

• Like 2

On 2022-08-03 at 6:57 AM, MikeCheck-- said:

Someone should have told Rickon this in Game of Thrones - Battle of The Bastards 

Lmao! ? It sounds silly but this is actually such a pet peeve of mine in movies/TV! I’ve seen so many movies over the years where characters run from projectiles… in a perfectly straight line. They take one in the back every time. It just seems like common sense that if someone is trying to shoot you that you should be running zig zags at the very least to make their shot as hard as possible.

This one bugs me almost as bad as all the people who have to go check out the unnatural scary noise in dark place in every horror movie. WHYYYYYY

Things can be hard, and even RNG based, as long as they are still fun.

For example, I am at over 400h of Monster Hunter World and still don't have the platinum, in either the base game or the expansion. But I'm still having fun, so I keep at it.

This, however, due to its purely luck-based nature, and because, in my opinion, it feels out of place, isn't fun. Especially, since this game is supposed to be just a chill walking simulator type of game and should be relaxing and mysterious, not frustrating. I'm even generally a bit pissed that there are "stressful" sections at all and even some kind of "combat/shooting" later on (from what I read), but that could just be me and maybe what I expected from this game was wrong.

I could ignore the trophy or play through the game and try again afterward, but honestly, I found this so annoying that I simply stopped playing the game altogether.

Gonna kill Kirin a couple hundred more times in hopes of finally getting his giant crown, that time is better spent than a minute more trying to get that stupid cat trophy.

Edited by Sicho

Literally did this on my 2nd attempt on the PS5. I was pretty shocked when I got it 2nd try considering how much it seems people are struggling with this

It's not as much luck as it is anticipating where they're going to jump and when. When they zig, you zag. It's more like a QTE without the prompts and where you actually control the character. 

And don't just run flat out the whole time, there's a couple moments where a bunch try to swarm you at once and then it's best to almost stop and turn sharply left or right and then they all just jump over you leaving you a clear path forward. Zig, zag, and juke is the name of the game here like you're trying to break free of a defender in basketball. Easy peasy. 

• Like 1

On 01/08/2022 at 2:47 PM, DamnedEyez said:

I'd like to see someone do this successfully three times in a row...

Ok. I did it on ps4 second platinum. Did it third attempt. I can confidently tell you I can do it one time out of 4-5 runs now. Some RNG for sure but overall ok. I can do 5 times out of 20 runs 100%