Can’t Cat-ch Me can go F itself

trojbrown40

18 minutes ago, Jermster_91 said:

Have you tried taking a break and get some fresh air?

Sometimes going at it with a positive attitude helps.

Hope you get the trophy.

Yep. Walking away for now. Will try again tomorrow. It’s been a long time since a trophy has pissed me off like this. I want to get this one out of the way so I can enjoy the rest of this game. 

• Like 3

Not sure if this will help anyone, but I found it easiest going straight in wider sections when the zurk's aren't next to you, and then going tight zig zag's when there grouped up and wide zig zag's in tighter area's. Hopefully this will help since it took me 30 minutes to get ?

Edited by Enzo_0684
  • Like 3

This can be pretty tricky. It took me quite a few tries. It seems what works one run doesn't quite work the next. Its like sometimes they spawn just a second earlier or later each run which makes the way you avoid them just slightly different. It just takes that one perfect run. You can do this! Good luck!

• Like 2

2 hours now and no luck. Very RNG-based. Every tries, it's like a new zurk is finding a way to catch you. Sometimes I get caught from behing while I did the exact same move the 20 times before with no problem.

I follow video guide but we are definitely not playing the same game. Even the spawns are different.

Very, very, very, frustrating trophy.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, AyAerith said:

I'll try to reply with a clear head, I've been stuck on this trophy for at least 250 attempts and nearing the 2 hour mark now. What is making this so frustrating is:

1. This would be a stress-free game for non-trophy hunters

2. This is so early in the game, 17 minutes according to my save file that I've loaded 250 times

3. This trophy is 100% RNG, however by "zig zagging in various degrees" you are under the illusion that you have control

4. All of the video guides (I've actually watched all 12 on Youtube as of this writing) aren't helpful

5. The sections I am stuck at are a non-factor in every single video I've watched

6. In practice (dead run), I've got the ending down to a tee. Once in about 30-40 attempts I actually make it to the final section, I get caught in a way I haven't before

7. There is no way to make the trophy easier, ie "getting gud," cat upgrades to come back later, etc. You either suffer now or suffer later

8. You come here to rant and hear people complain that it took them "30 minutes" or "a few tries" when you're literally about to go insane

It doesn't matter if the game has been out for a day, or out for 100 days. Unless someone finds a "cheese," which I guess is possible, this trophy is not getting any easier or less frustrating.

It's definetely RNG but not 100%, try going towards Zurgs when they're not on both sides of the screen and then do some zigzagging before touching them, but do not zigzag all the way through. The final part is where I was being caught the most, when you get to the fence turn left as soon as you can and do some zigzag, then stick to the right wall and run!

9 hours ago, trojbrown40 said:

I’m an above average gamer but this trophy sucks balls! The homing missiles of these things in tight alleyways is complete and utter BS. I’m zig-zagging like a mofo and been at it for over 2 hours now. I’ve watched a few guides out there as well for strategy and no dice. What worked for them might only work 1 out of 10 times. The randomness to these little leeches has sadly taken me out of the game. If you did it in 1-12 tries..good for you..no need to rub my nose in it. Hope they patch this crap. Just needed to vent. 

Have you tried to git gud.

Ps. Was just a joke. Hope you get it soon dude

Edited by dannyswfc9
  • Like 2

This trophy has stopped my intent to get a double platinum from this game. I know I’ll get it eventually on PS5 version. But no way in hell I’m going to play the PS4 version after, all because of this one frustrating trophy. Spent an hour at least on it and still no luck.

• Like 2