Can’t Cat-ch Me can go F itself

trojbrown40

So, after more 50+ times and almost declare insanity, I made it.

When you reach some small spaces, go towards to the wall to make them ricochet when they jump.

I saw powerpyx video, and I laughed. Not the same game BUT the ideia of zigzag helped a lot.

In the beginning it is ok, just go around them.

Then when they come from a wall at the right I make that ricochet at the left wall and continue zig zag.

Then when they fall from the ceiling or whatever, instead of going to their left I passed slightly under the spot they fall, not at their left because is insta kill.

That net area when they came from your left, I make a large way to the right and zigzag, immediately go left when they came from your front.

Then I zigzaged like hell until the end and spammed X to make the cat jump before having a heart attack!

Hope you guys can do it. I loved this game, it's just prrfect besides this trophy and 2 hours one.

And sorry about my English! ?

• Like 4

First time on ps5 took me 30+ attempts then on ps4 NA and EU 5 attempts at least it's easy when you now you need to drift with this cat,be unpredictable not tilt and zig zag all the way,yes I got 3 plats from stray ?

Edited by mati11120

4 hours ago, Belmont85- said:

If you find this hard or impossible its best you stop trophy hunting all together. Some people and their comments are pathetic, freaking out about this. Got so used to these 5minute pleb easy games that require no skill at all? Same goes for autopopping or stacking 5x same easy game, its sad times nowadays. Sjeesh, who remember the ps3 days where every game and platinum was so much harder to get and so much more satisfying.

Crying trophy hunters are the worst kind along with the toxic community

They are pathetic

• Like 2

I thankfully didn't have too many problems with this trophy once I worked out that there is a rough set path for some of it that works but how random the little Wish.com versions of headcrabs are is abysmal because even with set spawn points, once they've spawned they can do totally different and unpredictable things each time.

Possibly the worst factor in my opinion was how many spawn, especially in the tighter alleys because on some runs for me as little as 3 would appear but on another maybe >6 would show up from the same spawn point. (Perhaps this is a spawn bug though because a couple of times my path looked clear and then out of nowhere I'd suddenly have one attached to my face.)

Another large factor is that there's seemingly no pattern to their jumps; some seem to get almost stunned/staggered by jumping and helplessly roll about while I seen others just touch the ground and immediately spring towards me again and some seem to have really weak jumps but then others fly at you like a homing rocket from off-screen.

One thing that I feel did help was I changed the binding of running to a face button.

Now, I say this not as thinking of it from a hunting trophies perspective as I'm not really one to call for trophies to be changed unless it is completely unreasonable (in my opinion) such as Emperor in ESO or the leaderboard ones in GRAW for example, but purely thinking of it for people that might be drawn to this kind of game, say people that might only play a handful of games a year and sees this and is drawn to the whole cat aspect or whatever, I honestly hope they do nerf it at least a touch so that everyone (I would say no matter their skill level, but there's not all that much skill involved with this trophy) has a better chance to get the platinum.

Edited by VladimirKal

I have to disagree, this trophy was fun to earn and was well designed. I normally hate perfect run/speed run trophies but this was just the right size for me. A perfect run takes a minute or so. You die and it quickly loads you right back to the beginning. I never felt like my time was being wasted. It’s a challenge but definitely attainable (1 in 5 people have earned it so far at the time of writing) and you feel a sense of accomplishment when you nail that run. My girlfriend was watching me do it and she cheered when I earned it too. ? The trophy hint on PS5 tells you all you need to know and it’s been echoed throughout this thread. There is no hidden strategy here. If you keep at it you will get it.

• Like 3

These things suck so much, it's just heavy RNG based, not even skill.µ

Edit: After trying for 45 min more - i'm ready to turn in the towel, this game is actually making me sick, with the motion controls.

Edited by Jason-DFG

9 hours ago, R_vNistelrooy said:

You can't define other's feeling. Feeling is real only to the subject. What you say is just like "why don't you try not to be sad?". Try to say something else that won't increase suicide rate of the world.

Your emoji can't hide your arrogance as well, premium member.

Bro calm down, @DrBloodmoney just having his own opinion. And I kinda agree with him. And don't do that 'premium member' thing, come on.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, StewartBros said:

I'd say we've been there for a good while now.  Regarding this particular game, it seems as though everyone just wants to try and get their name onto the Fastest Achievers screen, as though that actually means something.

It is, quite frankly, ridiculous that there are so many complaints over one trophy in a game that's only been out for about two days now.  God forbid that a game that looks to be pretty easy should have a grand total of ONE semi-challenging aspect to it, and that people might actually have to spend a bit of time on it to get it done.

As someone who has a few games on the front page of the Fastest Achievers screen, the stress and frustration is just not worth it. 

Most of my games that I’m in the top 10 in are games I played extensively when I was young, so I knew ahead of time what to expect. 

I’m content in earning a platinum and enjoying the game I played. Trophy speedrunning to me is utterly pointless.

My thoughts after finishing this trophy after 15-20 tries (just putting it there, not that it matters). First, I believe some people learned the term RNG in gaming a do not really understand what it means, otherwise, how can you explain most of the posts here. Second, assuming it is all RNG, they just zig-zag the way through the level without ever thinking about what they are doing waiting for finally getting lucky.

What worked for me was learning where the Zurks are and bait them to the side I wanted to have them. Once they started jumping on me, I ran towards them, so they always ended up jumping over me.

Edit: This trophy reminded me Reunited with Fidolina trophy from Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War when people were saying raging how finishing Dead Ops Arcade 3 is impossible and completely RNG until they actually took a time to practice and learned how to bait the zombies. The same principle works here. Only this is much much easier.

Edited by BloodyRutz

Finally got it.

The only solution I can give is to keep trying. Strategies won't help you here, This trophy is too RNG.

Edit: got it again on the PS4 version and this time it took me 3 tries. Weird because the ps4 version feels like it's 20 fps so I figured it will take me longer this time but it was easier.

Edited by XXIIlII
  • Like 1