Can’t Cat-ch Me can go F itself

trojbrown40

11 hours ago, StewartBros said:

I'd say we've been there for a good while now.  Regarding this particular game, it seems as though everyone just wants to try and get their name onto the Fastest Achievers screen, as though that actually means something.

First of all you’re wrong it would be the first achievers leaderboard, secondly it makes to speed run this because you know there’s a while trophy dedicated to a speed run what did you expect? Lastly yes it does mean something to us go for these it’s an extra sense of accomplishment and another layer of challenge no need to be so rude just because people enjoy gaming/trophies a different way to you. 

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

As someone who has a few games on the front page of the Fastest Achievers screen, the stress and frustration is just not worth it. 

I’m content in earning a platinum and enjoying the game I played. Trophy speedrunning to me is utterly pointless.

If it’s too stressful and frustrating just don’t do it then.

I’m glad you’re content with just a platinum but quite a lot of us out there have a completely different way of having our fun with trophies too say it’s “utterly pointless”, is silly and quite frankly insulting just because someone does something different to you and considering 99.9% of things in life are pointless anyways but here we are hunting digital images regardless. People haven’t commented down on the way you enjoy games so there’s really no need to do it to others.

Strayed away from the topic but this is a great game and has amazing environments I hope everyone who played this had a great as time as I did. It’ll be interesting to see who’s trying to cat-ch who on the leaderboards soon enough ?

Edited by SzzMN
  • Like 2

Took me about 25 minutes. Once you memorize where they come out and when you need to zig and when you need to zag it becomes do able. Don’t let the first few runs get you frustrated. Even when I got caught, I would finish the run out so I could practice the end. That definitely helped me. 

Edited by pennywise247
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, SzzMN said:

First of all you’re wrong it would be the first achievers leaderboard

Oh, do excuse me.  You know what I meant.  People are trying to finish it asap simply so they can see their name on that page.  For them, it's not about enjoying the game, or taking the time to explore it - it's simply about finishing it as fast as possible in order to see their name on a webpage.

So, no, I'm not wrong.  My point stands.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SzzMN said:

If it’s too stressful and frustrating just don’t do it then.

I’m glad you’re content with just a platinum but quite a lot of us out there have a completely different way of having our fun with trophies too say it’s “utterly pointless”, is silly and quite frankly insulting just because someone does something different to you and considering 99.9% of things in life are pointless anyways but here we are hunting digital images regardless. People haven’t commented down on the way you enjoy games so there’s really no need to do it to others.

Strayed away from the topic but this is a great game and has amazing environments I hope everyone who played this had a great as time as I did. It’ll be interesting to see who’s trying to cat-ch who on the leaderboards soon enough ?

You realize I'm making an opinion right? I'm not catering to anybody else but my own perspectives. Let's not cause another rift because I've already angered no less than three people today over this virtual hobby we call trophy hunting.

I'm in the top 2 in Fastest Achievers on two separate games I did years ago that have thousands of game owners. My point stands, it's just not worth the frustration and stress involved to reach those fast times.

14 minutes ago, StewartBros said:

Oh, do excuse me.  You know what I meant.  People are trying to finish it asap simply so they can see their name on that page.  For them, it's not about enjoying the game, or taking the time to explore it - it's simply about finishing it as fast as possible in order to see their name on a webpage.

I always laugh whenever DLC releases for new games and those who worked hard to reach the front page on the First/Fastest Achievers did it all for naught. For the majority of trophy hunters, they don't even care, they just want to enjoy games.

• Like 4

3 tries, maybe 10mins, idk. i knew to reload checkpoint if i failed..Havent played since. Busy with life.

Ill plat on weekend probably. But yeah, more anticipating my two physical copies from iam8bit with extra goodies. lol.

Cats are amazing. Trophy isnt hard. Just keep at it.

• Like 2

Read this thread back to front.... really enjoyed the giggle :D

Took me around 20-30 tries, if i had one attach early on id still run until near the end for practice. Found the first 1/3 and last 1/3 easy but had some trouble in the middle sections, namely on corners where they dropped on it as you turn. Did find a decent set "path" as i found that their spawns and patterns were very consistent other than those 2 corners

I found over zig-zagging to not be the trick. I kinda drifted right the whole time and made really sharp lefts any time a new group came towards me. Worked on both PS4 and PS5 in under 10 minutes on each. Obviously it doesn't work the entire way, but some of the sections are easy enough to dodge. Zig-zagging constantly slowed me down too much and attempting any kind of straight line was a hard no. Slight drift right, sharp left, repeat as necessary. 

• Like 1

For anyone worried about the difficulty of this, and the non-skill based aspects:

On PS5 I struggled and it took 40 attempts with my "run straight at them directly then quickly whip away" strategy. 

However same strategy on PS4, after my previous 40 runs on PS5, I got it on attempt 2 and actually got it in the same run as my speedrun. 

So while it feels like a crapshoot there is definitely a learning process and skill aspect, with RNG being secondary. It's 100% do able and I'm not especially good at gaming to be honest. If I can do it twice, pretty much anyone can manage it. 

I think I figured out the secrets to success. I’m on mobile and don’t want to go through all the pages so forgive me if this is common knowledge.  

It seems the Zurks jump speed and/or distance is based on your movement direction. For example if you run left the Zurks will jump left quickly and further than regular to catch your position. You can use this by baiting a left movement, waiting for a jump, and moving the opposite direction. This is why zig zagging works but not random zig zagging. 

Secondly, to get past the Zurks that are in your way in both alley situations. It’s best to do a clockwise motion to bait an attack rather than trying to zig zag through. There is too many of them and not enough room for the maneuver to work. 

After I figured this out I was able to beat it my second run through totaling about 30 or so minutes for this trophy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BestUsername---- said:

I think I figured out the secrets to success. I’m on mobile and don’t want to go through all the pages so forgive me if this is common knowledge.  

It seems the Zurks jump speed and/or distance is based on your movement direction. For example if you run left the Zurks will jump left quickly and further than regular to catch your position. You can use this by baiting a left movement, waiting for a jump, and moving the opposite direction. This is why zig zagging works but not random zig zagging. 

Secondly, to get past the Zurks that are in your way in both alley situations. It’s best to do a clockwise motion to bait an attack rather than trying to zig zag through. There is too many of them and not enough room for the maneuver to work. 

After I figured this out I was able to beat it my second run through totaling about 30 or so minutes for this trophy. 

Yep, this is the exact same strategy I used and described a few posts earlier. I know you are on mobile. Nice to see I wasn't the only one for whom this works.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, StewartBros said:

You haven’t even played the game LOL. You can do the whole game and explore everything in about 6-7 hours people paid for this through their subscription they can enjoy it however they want too and tbh I could say the same about you which your POWGI games etc it’s simply about raising your number on a web page ?

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, SzzMN said:

You haven’t even played the game LOL. You can do the whole game and explore everything in about 6-7 hours people paid for this through their subscription they can enjoy it however they want too and tbh I could say the same about you which your POWGI games etc it’s simply about raising your number on a web page 1f602.png

Burn ?

So after watching the video posted by someone in another thread ("explained further" in the title) They suggested dying and hit retry instead. It seems that the zorgs don't respawn as quick. I got it first time after doing that method after getting frustrated previously. In wider areas get as close to the wall as possible and zig zag in the narrow areas and you should be fine.

this has nothing to do with skills or zig zags and all that bs. It's pure rng and some luck. I've had runs where they didn't even notice me or less of those idiots spawned. There were runs where they all locked on me like crazy. It's just spam repeat till you get your lucky run.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BestUsername---- said:

what you mean clockwise motion? Literally done that and my cat does a slow ass turn then gets his ass sucked on lol...

edit: 2 minutes after this comment I got the trophy, that was so annoying

Edited by WalshYNWA
  • Like 1

Only played the game for under an hour or so before having to get ready for work, it's a bit challenging, but yeah it's definitely more dependent on reaction/practice than praying to your RNG God over spawn spots/numbers. Don't need a lot of zigzag running constantly, though some areas in the small alleyways I found it more helpful to actually spin around to bait out the jumps and then continue on.

• Like 1

After getting this trophy on ps5 I’ve started practicing it on ps4 version and I can tell you - there is a clear difference. 

PS5: I cannot consistently pass without getting hit. I succeeded only 5 runs out of 30. Zorgs do stick when you run through them. Zigzagging gives zero immunity frames. There is some randomness in Zorgs behaviour.

PS4: I passed on my first attempt and did 9/10 successive runs in a row.

Keep calm and you’ll eventually get it, thought it feels more difficult on ps5 compared to ps4 version.

Edited by foxische

1 hour ago, foxische said:

After getting this trophy on ps5 I’ve started practicing it on ps4 version and I can tell you - there is a clear difference. 

PS5: I cannot consistently pass without getting hit. I succeeded only 5 runs out of 30. Zorgs do stick when you run through them. Zigzagging gives zero immunity frames. There is some randomness in Zorgs behaviour.

PS4: I passed on my first attempt and did 9/10 successive runs in a row.

Keep calm and you’ll eventually get it, thought it feels more difficult on ps5 compared to ps4 version.

Same here, found the PS4 version a lot easier than the PS5 version. Second try on PS4 and I got it. Countless attempts on PS5.

4 hours ago, KurayamiYousei said:

Only played the game for under an hour or so before having to get ready for work, it's a bit challenging, but yeah it's definitely more dependent on reaction/practice than praying to your RNG God over spawn spots/numbers. Don't need a lot of zigzag running constantly, though some areas in the small alleyways I found it more helpful to actually spin around to bait out the jumps and then continue on.

This helped a lot thanks - the spin-o-rama move is what changed it for me. I only used it once, at the spot around 40-43 seconds, but it got me through a spot I kept getting dinged on.