Can’t Cat-ch Me can go F itself

trojbrown40

44 minutes ago, VladimirKal said:

I'm not disagreeing with your overall point but this point you make is interesting to me because for me they weren't spawning identically each time and perhaps that's what's causing such a clash between people.

They spawn identically - but - they act different if you need a longer time to pass a part of the section. If you would simply run straight, they wont act different - if you do more zickzack moves (that make you take longer for the same way) they move closer/jump different.

Thats why I recommend running normally, just avoiding groups directly - and run left or right as soon as an enemy jumps :-)

44 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

Don't care what anyone else says anymore, this is clearly the person to follow: @I-CatHasTrophy-I

They're a cat. They've got trophies.

Damn, so meta.

♥️

25 minutes ago, I-CatHasTrophy-I said:

They spawn identically - but - they act different if you need a longer time to pass a part of the section. If you would simply run straight, they wont act different - if you do more zickzack moves (that make you take longer for the same way) they move closer/jump different.

Thats why I recommend running normally, just avoiding groups directly - and run left or right as soon as an enemy jumps :-)

Thanks for the advice but thankfully I already have the trophy. :)

I think there's a bit of a misunderstanding here though and in fact even more with your added information.

Even when I found the optimal path through them and so ran the same way each time, in my game the spawns were not identical because despite the spawn locations being the same, different numbers of the enemies would spawn each time.

Also when you say about enemies not acting differently - again, in my runs, even when running straight through areas the enemies would always be unpredictable in their behaviour insofar as every single run was different because their aggression, jump distance and accuracy varied wildly.

This is exactly what I mean about people all over the thread potentially clashing with one another because some people are saying it wasn't about luck for them but with others are finding it to be hugely about luck for them and so what I would find interesting is to see if there was actually a difference between some games, maybe introduced through some bug/glitch because even just between us two, our experience was totally different when going for the trophy.

Edited by VladimirKal
  • Like 2

Think this took me 10 attempts this morning.  Feel for everyone struggling to get this still. To be honest I feel this trophy is alright.  The most stupid trophy is having to sleep for a hour.  Yeah you can just walk away. But what a god damn waste of time. 

• Like 2

This trophy really did suck! I’ve done so many “survive sequence without being damaged” trophies at this point that I knew exactly what to expect, but this one had a big rng element that really threw me off. Usually these trophies are all about trial and error and memorization, learn the enemy spawn patterns and memorize the environmental hazards and you’re good.And this one certainly had a set pattern. But it felt like the enemy behaviour was completely random and so I never failed in the same spot twice. Very frustrating.

I think the PS4 loading times can be a bit detrimental as well and this might be overall easier on the PS5. Loading times were quite long and I noticed sometimes that I was very clearly either a second or two ahead or behind where I was in my last run despite not doing anything differently. Starting the run 1-2 seconds late actually has a huge impact on where the enemies will be positioned as you round corners, and significantly impacts your chances. 

I would not recommend people do like I did and attempt this trophy immediately when arriving in Chapter 2 as it risks souring your feelings about the game like it almost did for me. Wait until after you beat the story then come back and clean it up in chapter select.

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 2

Tips from someone who is not very skilled and took around an hour (between 3 sessions to get it):

1 - Hug the wall whenever possible;

2 - Goes as straight as possible and take small jukes, releasing the run button, outside of the major sections;

3 - The middle part in the choke point is the hardest. Go right to left and take a big horizontal cut/juke and immediately go straight. Bit lucked based.

4 - After that, go left to avoid the big horde coming from the right, but then GO TO HERE THEY CAME IN THE RIGHT. THE RIGHT PATH IS MUCH EASIER.

5 - Then you should be able to get it unless some BS RNG.

This method doesn't strain your tumb too much and allows you to keep on trying and for people like me who suck at fast movements, it's possible to do it.

Just be patient and on the first tries continue the run even if they grab you to learn the later part of the run.

Here is my run in case it helps: 

9 hours ago, andy18cruz said:

Tips from someone who is not very skilled and took around an hour (between 3 sessions to get it):

1 - Hug the wall whenever possible;

2 - Goes as straight as possible and take small jukes, releasing the run button, outside of the major sections;

3 - The middle part in the choke point is the hardest. Go right to left and take a big horizontal cut/juke and immediately go straight. Bit lucked based.

4 - After that, go left to avoid the big horde coming from the right, but then GO TO HERE THEY CAME IN THE RIGHT. THE RIGHT PATH IS MUCH EASIER.

5 - Then you should be able to get it unless some BS RNG.

This method doesn't strain your tumb too much and allows you to keep on trying and for people like me who suck at fast movements, it's possible to do it.

Just be patient and on the first tries continue the run even if they grab you to learn the later part of the run.

Here is my run in case it helps: 

You got very lucky in this run. Because 99% of times using ur route you will get caught multiple times.

Feeling pretty lucky that I got it in only 2-3 attempts considering the complaints people are having. I couldn't imagine also being tilted from this trophy considering how much I actually dislike the game as a whole. I am definitely just putting the game down right here, the double platinum is just not an option for me at this point in time.

Edited by PandemicOdin

2 hours ago, BossMadMax said:

You got very lucky in this run. Because 99% of times using ur route you will get caught multiple times.

Not really. The only part where I was getting caught was the choke point in the middle and when I went left in the 2 options as I couldn't get a consistent strategy. After I start going right I was basically only getting caught in the choke point zone. Again this is a run I made so I could replay it over and over again without having to zig zag like crazy and hurt my thumb as I did in my first session following methods online. I am sure if you are more skilled, this method is not very efficient but it worked for me. 

It's a luck fest and I feel your pain. Tried for hours and still no trophy. I watched a couple of videos, tried running in wide zig zags, tried zig zaging more quickly, used wide area bigger zig zags and tight area hectic zig zags. I also tried to zig zag only when I see the awful bugs jump. 

Nope. The thing is, sometimes you just zig zag right into their path. Because they also jump you from behind, you have no chance to know where they would land. 

I want to throw my controller into the screen. This trophy sucks. And now I hate the game for it. 

2 hours ago, andy18cruz said:

2 hours ago, andy18cruz said:

Not really. The only part where I was getting caught was the choke point in the middle and when I went left in the 2 options as I couldn't get a consistent strategy. After I start going right I was basically only getting caught in the choke point zone. Again this is a run I made so I could replay it over and over again without having to zig zag like crazy and hurt my thumb as I did in my first session following methods online. I am sure if you are more skilled, this method is not very efficient but it worked for me. 

0:20 I got caught dozen of times here 

0:33 same 

0:37 same

Your run successful because you were fast, slight delay and ur dead. Anyway I see it as extreme luck. 

I was playing again from start and using my route I did it 1st try.

1 hour ago, Jacky_The_Ripper said:

It's a luck fest and I feel your pain. Tried for hours and still no trophy. I watched a couple of videos, tried running in wide zig zags, tried zig zaging more quickly, used wide area bigger zig zags and tight area hectic zig zags. I also tried to zig zag only when I see the awful bugs jump. 

Nope. The thing is, sometimes you just zig zag right into their path. Because they also jump you from behind, you have no chance to know where they would land. 

I want to throw my controller into the screen. This trophy sucks. And now I hate the game for it. 

Just stick to opposite walls and don't zig zag too much cause you are loosing time and speed and they come closer to you.

Edited by BossMadMax
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, BossMadMax said:

0:20 I got caught dozen of times here 

0:33 same 

0:37 same

Your run successful because you were fast, slight delay and ur dead. Anyway I see it as extreme luck. 

I was playing again from start and using my route I did it 1st try.

Just stick to opposite walls and don't zig zag too much cause you are loosing time and speed and they come closer to you.

Again, this was a run focused on speed and not too many zig zags which are hard to pull. I am sure there are better methods, but this worked for me consistently. Never got caught on 0.22 by just being fast and sticking to the wall and 0.33 is the choke point area which is hard to pull clean. There a tones of good videos online, just wanted to share for some that are not so skilled with zig zags like me who sucks at it.

I got it fairly quickly after watching this video. Like, 20 minutes or less.

I feel like doing zigzags randomly is NOT the way to go. All I did was avoid them if I saw them coming. Also, the video detailed 2 or 3 "chokepoints" with more specific strategy that helped a lot.

Definitely still has some luck involved, so I hope the devs could patch it to make it a little easier for those who are struggling.

14 hours ago, DysectorZA said:

I am laughing at the outrage of some these posts here about how they are hating this trophy. There are far more difficult trophies out there than Can't Cat-ch Me 

After hearing it might be challenge, and even Brian from PS5Trophies finding it a bit of challenge, I thought I might also have a difficult time getting it, but I managed to get it done within around 10 to 20 tries. I just remember doing a lot of zig zagging, even going directly for the group of enemies and then dashing off to the other side as soon as I got close to them. And I am by no means a "skilled gamer". If you having issues with it, a big help would be to take a break and go play something else and come back to it later.

Definitely going to be going for the double Plat on PS4 sometime soon.

Overall was a very enjoyable Platinum run, nothing overly difficult and speedrun was managable to get.

People are saying it's too random, not necessarily that it's "hard". People need to stop conflating things like this. Reminds me of people saying "Sound Shapes is ez actually". When that was entirely RNG based and could spawn the dots to collect so far apart you wouldn't be able to even do it in time even with perfectly playing it. Or Brutal in Uncharted Remasters.

Being hard is better than being random and unpredictable, because you can learn from something being hard and get better. If it's just random nonsense you can't do much other than hope to get lucky before wanting to fling yourself off a bridge.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2022 at 10:55 AM, DysectorZA said:

I am laughing at the outrage of some these posts here about how they are hating this trophy. There are far more difficult trophies out there than Can't Cat-ch Me 

After hearing it might be challenge, and even Brian from PS5Trophies finding it a bit of challenge, I thought I might also have a difficult time getting it, but I managed to get it done within around 10 to 20 tries. I just remember doing a lot of zig zagging, even going directly for the group of enemies and then dashing off to the other side as soon as I got close to them. And I am by no means a "skilled gamer". If you having issues with it, a big help would be to take a break and go play something else and come back to it later.

Definitely going to be going for the double Plat on PS4 sometime soon.

Overall was a very enjoyable Platinum run, nothing overly difficult and speedrun was managable to get.

I know that this website is meant for completions of a games by getting all the trophies however, I wonder how many forget to just have fun and enjoy a game. You will find the occasional forum post warning people not to go for the trophies of a game because they are seen as difficult. I plays games that interest me as being fun or interest me and will then go for the trophies after that.

• Like 4

I guess I'll add my two cents.  I can totally understand where the OP is coming from.  This is an annoying trophy.  But I do believe it's a bit over-hyped.  Practice...that's all it takes.  And a bit of luck.  There is defenitely RNG in how they behave....that much is clear.  Took me 20-30 tries.  The reload times are fast and it's only about a 1 minute section.  You can do this, people!

• Like 2

It took me about 45 tries, frustrating but it's only a one minute section of the game. I did it in three small sessions, I was about to give up, I went to the store to download Returnal and thought I'd have another go during the download or give up and I did it!

Try it in small bursts, have five or six goes and if you fail get up walk round, get a drink, refresh yourself then try again

I found to zig-zag hard left at the top of the first two stairs around the 30s mark and then bolting through the tight alley with the eggs on the left at about 40/45 seconds in as straight as possible worked.

Here's my video if it helps anyone.  I was definitely lucky at certain times, barely avoiding some grabs.  You can see at around 31 seconds in, how I slow down near the choke point.

There's no one simple tactic to get this trophy.  You can't just keep zig-zagging all the time.  Groups you avoided once might be shaped slightly different the next time.  So you just have to practice, getting the timing down and learning how to anticipate when they jump at you so you can zig or zag the right way in the moment.  And even then, you have to hope you're lucky and the game doesn't have a zurk automatically grab you without a lunge at all.

Edited by SolidDiablo