How to trivialize the DLC difficulty

1 hour ago, DEMON said:

Warrior of Light can be tricky with this method even as he has a move that can go through this buff. Fight was a bit RNG. The biggest issue when using this mode, is getting bahamut tokens for a 4 star accessory.

Wol can remove the mighty guard buff with the blue attack you can steal. Either steal or dodge it and it should be fine. Just be prepared to put it back up if you get hit. Everything else you can ignore. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DEMON said:

Warrior of Light can be tricky with this method even as he has a move that can go through this buff. Fight was a bit RNG. The biggest issue when using this mode, is getting bahamut tokens for a 4 star accessory.

When it comes to the accessory, I got one super easily by playing the Cornelia mission that unlocks during the DLC (it is you vs 30-something enemies and ends with the elemental orb boss) at lvl 400, which I purchased with all the anima crystals I had been unlocking while doing the other missions. All you have to do it defeat a single one of the Lesser Blackwidow enemies, and they should drop a pair of spider glasses that are purple rarity, which is 4-star. Once you get the item you can even die and fail the mission if you want, as you still get to keep collected items. 400 was super simple cause I did some other missions on 400 with Extra Mode turned on, and got the item drops, letting me upgrade my gear levels for my normal stuff to match that. 

There might be an easier way to get the accessory that I don't know about, but doing it that way saved me a ton of grinding after using Extra Mode for the rest of the DLC, so I hope it helps you as well.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, regislc30 said:

I´m curious about the DLC length.

Not that long but there's a fair bit of grinding to get enough materials to progress the story. 

Fastest way is turning on all trial modifiers and doing Coral Memories: The Greedy at lvl 400 difficulty. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HealedFiend13 said:

When it comes to the accessory, I got one super easily by playing the Cornelia mission that unlocks during the DLC (it is you vs 30-something enemies and ends with the elemental orb boss) at lvl 400, which I purchased with all the anima crystals I had been unlocking while doing the other missions. All you have to do it defeat a single one of the Lesser Blackwidow enemies, and they should drop a pair of spider glasses that are purple rarity, which is 4-star. Once you get the item you can even die and fail the mission if you want, as you still get to keep collected items. 400 was super simple cause I did some other missions on 400 with Extra Mode turned on, and got the item drops, letting me upgrade my gear levels for my normal stuff to match that. 

There might be an easier way to get the accessory that I don't know about, but doing it that way saved me a ton of grinding after using Extra Mode for the rest of the DLC, so I hope it helps you as well.

Thanks, got it, had to be out of Extra mode, extra mode must also limit what you get as equipment, got it from the second spider I killed at Lv.400. ^^

1 hour ago, MakoSOLIDER said:

Not that long but there's a fair bit of grinding to get enough materials to progress the story. 

Fastest way is turning on all trial modifiers and doing Coral Memories: The Greedy at lvl 400 difficulty. 

Is something like 3-5 hours to finish or less? Or more?

It took me around five hours to complete the DLC, but I was also trying to figure out what I was doing with the new systems and re-familiarizing myself with the game during that time. This DLC could've been extremely tough without this strategy, so thanks for sharing.

I've submitted a guide to help others with the game and credited OP and Tentativeuser for uncovering this. With the guide, my guess is 3-4 assuming you're prepared from having completed the main game.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2022 at 2:18 AM, Tothoro said:

It took me around five hours to complete the DLC, but I was also trying to figure out what I was doing with the new systems and re-familiarizing myself with the game during that time. This DLC could've been extremely tough without this strategy, so thanks for sharing.

I've submitted a guide to help others with the game and credited OP and Tentativeuser for uncovering this. With the guide, my guess is 3-4 assuming you're prepared from having completed the main game.

Awesome lmk when it's published! 

6 hours ago, MakoSOLIDER said:

Awesome lmk when it's published! 

Got a message today that myself and another person both submitted a guide, so they're trying to figure out the best way to proceed. Unsure how long it'll take but they are actively working on it.

In the meantime though, I'll drop the dragon medal farming video I made here. Between that and the strategy detailed in the OP that's really like 90% of the DLC:

Edited by Tothoro
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Tothoro said:

Got a message today that myself and another person both submitted a guide, so they're trying to figure out the best way to proceed. Unsure how long it'll take but they are actively working on it.

In the meantime though, I'll drop the dragon medal farming video I made here. Between that and the strategy detailed in the OP that's really like 90% of the DLC:

How much did you get by the end of that? 

20 minutes ago, MakoSOLIDER said:

How much did you get by the end of that? 

1266 dragon medals per run, which takes about three minutes once you get the directions/movement down. Not sure that it's the absolute best way to grind, but it's pretty darn good. The setup is also extremely easy, you just need to have Black Mage or Sage unlocked - no specific builds/equipment/etc.

You can exchange 200 dragon medals for one rat tail in the Bahamut Exchange Shop, and you'll need an extra ~50 of them to max out an ultima/evocation skill tree. Translates to needing 10k dragon medals, which can be done in eight runs.

You can also get enough dragon medals to unlock all of the story and exchange for a 4* accessory rather quickly using the same method.

Edited by Tothoro
  • Like 1

Stupid Question - 
Trying to do this "mighty guard" - as a passive, and im not seeing it, I see it as a buff i need to activate on the Liberator, and by Divine knight do you mean paladin? 

Running 1st mission of the game on Bahamut difficulty to get a feel for the game again, god dam this boss is as tricky as ever lol

1 minute ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

Stupid Question - 
Trying to do this "mighty guard" - as a passive, and im not seeing it, I see it as a buff i need to activate on the Liberator, and by Divine knight do you mean paladin? 

Running 1st mission of the game on Bahamut difficulty to get a feel for the game again, god dam this boss is as tricky as ever lol

Mighty Guard is the skill you activate but Mighty Guard Mastery is the passive ability you unlock on the skill tree that keeps u from dying while Mighty Guard is active. Divine Knight is the class upgrade to liberator.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MakoSOLIDER said:

Mighty Guard is the skill you activate but Mighty Guard Mastery is the passive ability you unlock on the skill tree that keeps u from dying while Mighty Guard is active. Divine Knight is the class upgrade to liberator.

Ah ok!  - I've been triggering mighty guard, - fighting "garland" to get back into the "how do i play this"

unless i'm doing something wrong, I am getting killed by garland, even with MG activated.  I do have all the skill nodes in the class. unless the buff is fading and im not noticing 

never mind, noticed when trying to use a weapon skill / ability i was deactivating the buff lol! Derp sorry 

Edited by Blackmist_FFXI
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

Ah ok!  - I've been triggering mighty guard, - fighting "garland" to get back into the "how do i play this"

unless i'm doing something wrong, I am getting killed by garland, even with MG activated.  I do have all the skill nodes in the class. unless the buff is fading and im not noticing 

never mind, noticed when trying to use a weapon skill / ability i was deactivating the buff lol! Derp sorry 

The warrior of light is killing me and I’m not even doing a weapon skill I’m like wtf…. MG is up even with the mastery