How to trivialize the DLC difficulty

Great exploit. It would be a very hard DLC otherwise.

But it should be mentioned that the Kraken in the mission: Ebon Memories: Hope Within Despair also breaks my Heroic Guard. I don’t know what the attack is called but it’s a grab that instantly kills me. It happened a few times now and I hate having to go through the first three bosses again. 

I don’t like this DLC at all. It’s basically a new difficulty with just 2 new bosses. Everything else has you fighting against old enemies and bosses on another difficulty. The story is told through Bahamut with no new cutscenes whatsoever. So lazy. It’s just a cash grab.

Edited by Baker

13 hours ago, Baker said:

Great exploit. It would be a very hard DLC otherwise.

But it should be mentioned that the Kraken in the mission: Ebon Memories: Hope Within Despair also breaks my Heroic Guard. I don’t know what the attack is called but it’s a grab that instantly kills me. It happened a few times now and I hate having to go through the first three bosses again.

Yep, he's the hurdle you have to clear for that mission - took me a few tries as well, but once you enter his second phase he literally can't use the attack anymore so you're safe again. Fully agreed that it's annoying, but the best method is to just get the hell out of dodge whenever he leaps back and uses an attack with a red name.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xillynoc said:

Yep, he's the hurdle you have to clear for that mission - took me a few tries as well, but once you enter his second phase he literally can't use the attack anymore so you're safe again. Fully agreed that it's annoying, but the best method is to just get the hell out of dodge whenever he leaps back and uses an attack with a red name.

He did use it in his second phase against me, I think? He was at a sliver of health when I was just mashing R1 and all of a sudden I died. Initially I thought I accidentally pressed R2 and removed Heroic Guard myself but after it happened again I realised it was his grab attack. 

So after 3 failed attempts I just sat back and let my AI teammates kill him. 

Edited by Baker

10 hours ago, Baker said:

He did use it in his second phase against me, I think? He was at a sliver of health when I was just mashing R1 and all of a sudden I died. Initially I thought I accidentally pressed R2 and removed Heroic Guard myself but after it happened again I realised it was his grab attack. 

So after 3 failed attempts I just sat back and let my AI teammates kill him. 

Hmm, very strange - he used it like 5 times in his first phase each time I fought him, but the one time I got him to his second he stopped using it altogether (and I think that phase took longer due to how much more he was zipping around the arena, so more time for him to bring it out if he could still use it) - my assumption was that because the transition cutscene is literally Jack ripping off the tentacles he uses for the grab, the devs used that as a way to change his attack style and remove/nerf the ones he made using those earlier, but maybe they just lowered the chances of Kraken using those. Either way, I'm glad you got through it by relying on the AI - definitely did that a few times myself, haha.

• 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...