Stray - Platinum Speedrun - All Trophies in 1 Playthrough

Optinooby

5 minutes ago, foxische said:

Thanks, will refer to this on my attempt to go sub 3 hours!
only worried to lose some time on “can’t catch me”.

15 minutes to spare*

Just quit to main menu after each failed attempt, time will be reset then back to when checkpoint first triggered!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Just quit to main menu after each failed attempt, time will be reset then back to when checkpoint first triggered!

Unfortunately that will still impact the platinum length time, no room for error :)

6 minutes ago, foxische said:

Unfortunately that will still impact the platinum length time, no room for error :)

Of course, sorry mate, wasn't aware that was what you meant!

My Collectible hunting could be a little more efficient in The Slums by the way if you wanted to seperate it between the other 2 visits we make to The Slums, I just wanted to do it all at once for walkthrough sake (I made it efficient if all at once).

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jason-DFG said:

How does it work for the speedrunning trophy though? Is it in the same style as RE2? Where if u pause the game the timer pauses?

Yes exactly mate, I explain in the vid, but I have also wrote down at the top of this thread, 1st paragraph, in an attempt to answer that burning question ahead of time ;).

Edited by Optinooby

Got my speedrun within 1h and 50 minutes thanks to your walkthrough, very good job!

Thought restarted many times for not being detected in chapter 10, not being hit in 2nd chapter and forgot to scratch in chapter 7, so no under 3 hours platinum for me.

• Like 1

Great stuff, I love a well written and wonderfully formatted text guide! Thank you ? for taking the time and effort to do it *and to do it right ?

I had only 2 things I wanted to know really, does pause stop the timer, you answered that in your fabulously detailed OP you wrote yes, marvellous news!
And in Midtown can I jump straight into the nightclub window after getting the battery from the factory, instead of going all the way back to Clementine's flat to solve a puzzle about where she is, but we already know where she is if we've played the game before! (I had 1 blind run for fun). I was just curious if any story jumping shortcuts had been found, anyway thanks again! 

Edited by esstee11
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, esstee11 said:

Great stuff, I love a well written and wonderfully formatted text guide! Thank you 1f642.png for taking the time and effort to do it *and to do it right 1f601.png

I had only 2 things I wanted to know really, can I pause, in your fabulously detailed OP you wrote yes, marvellous!
And in Midtown can I jump straight into the nightclub window after getting the battery from the factory, instead of going all the way back to Clementine's flat to solve a puzzle about where she is, but we already know where she is if we've played the game before! (I had 1 blind run for fun). I was just curious if any story jumping shortcuts had been found, anyway thanks again! 

You're will required to to back to Clementine unfortunately ?

You can pause it in game to stop the timer ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, esstee11 said:

Great stuff, I love a well written and wonderfully formatted text guide! Thank you 1f642.png for taking the time and effort to do it *and to do it right 1f601.png

I had only 2 things I wanted to know really, does pause stop the timer, you answered that in your fabulously detailed OP you wrote yes, marvellous news!

Yes, exactly as @Bushido_Cypher said, you still need to get the clues unfortunately from Clementine's flat.

I tried to leave the flat as well just looking at the Clue Board and without getting the Clues, but the game doesn't let you leave till you find the 4 x Clues ;(

Also, I dunno about the 'well written and wonderfully formatted', I put this together pretty quick, but thanks I guess ;)

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 3