NZBigC's PlayStation Plus Platinum Plateau

NZBigC

#1 - Death Squared

Laf667d.png

Difficulty: 2/10 (with guides) 4/10 (without guides)
Enjoyment: 8/10 
Time to complete: Around 3 to 5 hours with a guide, 6 to 10 without one.

This is a puzzle game that consists of 80 main levels and 40 party levels. Completing both of these will net you two trophies. The main difference between the two is that in the main levels, you control two cubes using the left and right analog sticks, and in the party levels, you control four (holding down L2 and/or R2 controls the third and fourth cubes). This does take some getting used to, and you will more than likely send the cubes to an untimely death on multiple occasions by moving the wrong analog stick at the wrong time. I also heard that you can play the party levels with 3 other friends, but you first have to have 3 friends to do this, so I (easily with a guide at times) did it alone.

The hardest trophy:  0020.jpg   Shhh Secret: Find 10 Secret Items
The hardest trophy in the game would have to be this one where you have to find 10 secret items throughout the 80 main levels. I think this would be very hard and time-consuming to do without a guide, so follow one from the start so that you don't waste too much time.

The grindiest trophy:  0004.jpg  Seriously Dead: Die 999 times
Other than completing the levels, dying 999 times would have to be the grindiest trophy to get, especially if you have been following a guide. A good way to get this out of the way is to find a level where you can make the two cubes fall off the map right away and then repeat this over and over again.

There are no missable trophies in this game, and the interaction between the main character/narrator and the AI in the game can be very funny at times, making the levels go by quickly. All in all, I think it is a very fun game to play and would recommend you to do so as well.

Has anyone else played this? What did you think about it?

Here is my video review of the game:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NZBigC said:

#1 - Death Squared

I love a good trophy checklist and this one is interesting for sure.

I'm curious to see what other games you plan on doing because there is definitely quite a few to choose from. 

Anyways, I'll be following this thread. Good luck! 

10 hours ago, Sgznf said:

I love a good trophy checklist and this one is interesting for sure.

I'm curious to see what other games you plan on doing because there is definitely quite a few to choose from. 

Anyways, I'll be following this thread. Good luck! 

Thanks for the interest :)

I have had a quick look through the service and have come up with a list (for now) that I would be interested in playing. The majority of these are games I have never heard of and thought look rather interesting. If you do have any suggestions, feel free to name a few too.

In no particular order

1. El Hijo

2. Children of Morta

3. 9 Monkeys of Shaolin

4. Bee Simulator (Plat possibly unobtainable?)

5. Last Stop

6. Concrete Genie

7. Minit

8. Black Mirror

9. Wytchwood

10. The Raven

11. inFAMOUS First Light

12. Kona

13. Deliver Us the Moon

14. Chicken Police

• Like 1

It has been a week since my last post, and I am only a few moments away from getting the El Hijo platinum. Once done, I will start with the write-up and video.

I think I will add a 'The most surprising Trophy' to the review which could be something like a challenging objective with a high completion rate, a straightforward objective with a low completion rate, or anything else that comes to mind when I play a game (I thought about this while playing El Hijo and was surprised with one of the trophy completion rates).

Not too sure what I will play next. I was made redundant a few months ago and have only just started a new job this week, so I will probably play something short and sweet again while I get back into the routine of waking up and going to bed early... yay.

Again, if anyone has any PlayStation Plus game suggestions, feel free to throw them my way :) 

yeah_boyeee_shaun_of_the_dead.gif

Nice idea, good luck with your challenge.

El Hijo was a really enjoyable game, I loved the art style. From the rest of your current list:

6. Concrete Genie - Fun, short game, but frustrating that you need VR for 100%.

7. Minit - This is a lot of fun and probably the one I'd recommend most.

8. Black Mirror - is pretty bad. It's short, thankfully. Just be prepared for a PS1 control scheme that's barely a step removed from the original Resident Evil.

11. inFAMOUS First Light - Can't go wrong with Infamous, the whole series is a blast to play.

Keep at it, I'm sure you'll get through many more!

• 2 weeks later...

#2 - El Hijo

L834059.png

Difficulty: 2/10
Enjoyment: 7/10 
Time to complete: Around 10 hours or so.

This is a stealth adventure game consisting of 31 levels that you need to beat without getting caught by an enemy to achieve the platinum trophy. The story is pretty easy to follow, but what makes it pretty amazing in my books is that you do not need to know a single language to understand what is going on as the story is told in silent cutscenes. The majority of trophies to get in this game are quite simple such as hiding in 30 pots, hiding in a coffin for 300 seconds, using one stone to get the attention of 3 enemies, and hitting a chicken with a stone. There is a chapter select, and there are a couple of things you need to do in each level in order to get the platinum. One is to successfully get to the end of each one without getting caught, and the other is to talk to every child in every level. Thankfully, there are trackers for this at the chapter select screen, so you know if you have done each one in each level.

The hardest trophy: 10S93c2b3.png El Hijo: Complete every level without being caught.
The hardest trophy in the game would have to be not getting caught in every single level of the game. This also includes the tutorial level at the start of the game. If an enemy spots you, you are still safe and can continue on with the level. If an enemy grabs you and you respawn at the last checkpoint, you better restart the level. There is a little icon on each level at the level select screen that shows you which levels you have successfully completed without getting caught. This is a very handy and welcome feature.
Do note that the trophy El Fantasma Complete level 10 without being seen, is slightly different in that you cannot be SEEN rather than caught. If you are spotted for even a single millisecond, its game over for this trophy. You can easily tell if you have been spotted when an exclamation mark appears above an enemy’s head. 

The most surprising trophy: 16Sfd741c.png  Hole Up: Hide in 30 pots
Hold up, why is this the most surprising trophy? Because of how low the completion rate is for Hole up, hide in 30 pots. As the trophy description says, you simply, and I mean simply, have to hide in 30 different pots. This is surprising because there is an abundance of pots to hide in, especially in level one of the earlier levels which seems to have at least 30 pots on its own. You should be hiding in a lot of pots throughout the game as it is, so this is why I am surprised it has less than 20% completion rate.

The grindiest trophy: 8Sc76a43.png El Heroe: Inspire all children
There isn’t exactly any grinding needed in this game, but I suppose El Heroe comes closest to it, which is to inspire every single child in the game. Almost every level in the game consists of 1 to 7 children that you have to inspire. To inspire a child, you have to find them on a level and then simply talk to them by pressing square. The levels are not too long, so if you do happen to miss one, it won’t take long to go back into it and look for the ones you missed. Also, at the level select screen, it shows you how many children you have found in each level which is great.

There are no missable trophies in this game as there is a level select, the art style is rather cute, and it does not take very long to complete. Thanks to these reasons, I think you should check it out!

Has anyone else played this? What did you think about it?

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Been a while since I have posted. I have a couple of games that I would like to add to my list, which are:

Spirit of the North: Enhanced Edition

Lost Words

Jak X Racing

Monopoly Madness

I was thinking about adding Ice Age to the list, but I am not enjoying my time with Jumanji, another Outright Games game, so I might give that a miss.

#3 - Jumanji

L7e8fde.png

Difficulty: 1/10
Enjoyment: 1/10 
Time to complete: 10 to 12 hours.

This is a self-proclaimed action-packed adventure game but there is little to no action or adventure here. For some reason, there is no story in the game at all. There are only 4 levels to choose from, and you do the exact same thing on every level. There is literally no variation at all. You collect 4 pieces of a puzzle, kill a bunch of bad guys, run through a short dungeon, and then do it all again 2 more times to complete the level. Sadly this is all you do on every other level too. The only difference is that each character has their own ability such as a ground stomping move that kills all enemies around you, or a healing ability that, well, heals your teammates. Ruby Roundhouse’s boombox ability effectively stuns the enemies for a short period of time, and I suppose this is the best ability out of the four.

27 JUMANJI welcome to the jungle ideas | welcome to the jungle, jumanji  movie, jungle

The hardest trophy:  QqHL9bQIGzbUwJzdysz9cjh5nr_0NeegH7gZRDRFRU32cfQ9VyyoyYOYC_t4WiU5mpKeQJUW25EKibcNC-FW6G6KCAx_SKSdYk788WXnoPkSooNb5h5pAHKzvnfWFiSQuL2M3Ibfw6TlTEFNavlSwxAsgOG6EJ0NZUynM7DePFGHUUEQnsBcEl_u8A   People Love Me: (Online) Received 20 lives
 All of the trophies in this game are relatively easy to get, but I suppose the hardest one would be to receive 20 lives online. This is fairly easy to do if you have two consoles, but if you don’t, you will probably need a boosting partner or two to get this one done. You have three lives in the game, and once you lose all three, you are unable to respawn back into the game. If another player has two or more, they are able to give you one of theirs, bringing you back in. Do this twenty times and the trophy will be yours.

The grindiest trophy AND The most surprising trophy:  2oLiQQdV1g_9k6m8_c1bfKjrmv6ieA74vhhkS9JvsplBWzPBHLS2DXuUc_EVqT5j174wDjnVPqhNywFRc4zWtUKmwehfMilmSgoHN1zqdZTiaInN3AFakSJvKun9850mkFdMQGaWZ0TXDhj1LDSt1v8hXDFf8LrKFaAWqBA2730JmjdzsEvDRwlulg  Full Wardrobe: Unlocked all unlockables
 This is a bit of a double whammy here. I have listed this trophy as both the most surprising and grindiest trophies. The reason it is the most surprising is that I cannot believe almost 11% of players, myself included, have gone on to actually get it! In simpler terms, you get this trophy once you hit level 30 in the game. You might not think that is too bad, but once you realise that you have every other trophy by level 6, there isn’t much else to do in the game besides grind for this, and oh boy, will you be grinding. The quickest way to get this done, which will still take a good 6 hours or so, is to load up a level on hard, die to the enemies as quickly as possible, and then rinse and repeat this at least 200 more times (I am not kidding) to get to level 30. It was mind-numbingly boring and I had to do this over several days to keep myself from tossing the console out of the house and feeling less dead inside.

Jumanji: The Next Level (2019) – Movie Reviews Simbasible

This game should have only been a 2 to 3 hour platinum, but because of that ridiculous trophy just mentioned, you will more than likely spend upwards of 10 hours getting this done. The gameplay is horrible, the voice acting is horrible, and just about everything else is horrible! Surprise surprise, this game was made by Outright Games, so that should be a good indication that this game was going to be a turd. If you have not already guessed it by now, I don’t think you should play this game. If you have, what did you think?

Im Done Finished GIF - Im Done Finished Nope - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 2

#4 - Lost Words: Beyond the Page

L7d0ecd.png

Difficulty: 1/10
Time to complete: 5 hours.

Lost Words is an adventure game with little to no challenges and a straightforward path to the platinum trophy. Even though the adventure can be dull, the narrative and world more than make up for this. This feels more like a story where you push a few buttons to advance (think Telltale games but way more simple). The game alternates between a girl writing in her journal about a situation at home, and a fantasy story she is writing set in the beautiful fictional world of Estoria. The journal section sees you control a stick figure on the pages, traversing across the words and pages of her journal, and the adventure side sees you control a character you name race across several areas of a fantasy world. You unlock more and more abilities the deeper you get into the game. These come in the form of words, such as ‘break’ for being able to break rocks, and ‘ignore’, to ignore creatures and bypass them. The art style is wonderful and the story being told is incredible, two huge pluses in my books. Do be warned, though, that the story is quite upsetting and deals with real world problems!

Lost Words: Beyond the Page Review – PC – Game Chronicles

The journal part of the game that tells a sad yet beautiful story

The hardest trophy: LAiUobCGn5XDl9a8mcaVckyWxkITQFnNHYZ2mm1AMfSZU2Q9iFG9eljQ_wTbF03Pmtk-Rjs8ICPi_C10l9ibd3_RTJKYun7wWiv4PjvRuGxjUsuJRp5WIWgWJLZXCMwjUqEk7if6Ge89lN7p1OhVHBUHfdv0J7W9rMk0DPDhGBFgEYab2ynQdiWpWg  Always bet on black: Collect every black asterisk

This game is very simple and there are no hard trophies to get at all, but I suppose even the hardest of easiest trophies would still be classified as the hardest, so I went with this. During the journal sections of the game, there are many blue asterisks that you can walk into to get extra information about the story/situation. You do not have to get any of these to advance the story. There are seven black asterisks that do the same thing, however, two can be easily missed in one of the earlier chapters while your character is falling on the page. Even though these can be missed, you can quickly restart the level, or wait until you finish the game to unlock chapter select and get it that way. 

Lost Words: Beyond the Page Review – GameSpew

The adventure side of the game that sees your character travel across a fantasy world

The Grindiest/Collectibilist trophy: -avE7s8nPHuMO4ZRVmDFR0Wqs5YylrSOR7DpgFI1lJqhem5URJfVPp0F-3ZPPEF-BjuPqbZ66WLCYP_XLfNY3oTQ30d_-xnyUWq2LxhyONlqnx4WraxzIBS9NYobz6BXZ7NJPWL5VQj86hH28LCcGJ_mGla6znU5JT0usge4oEshUpggdn7zgMJ1Ww True Guardian: Find all the Fireflies

This could have also been the hardest trophy, but I decided to leave it as the collectibilist trophy. Out of the 8 chapters in the game, 5 of them have 20 to 40 fireflies you can collect. 95% of them are on the path and/or very easy to spot, so you should not have a lot of trouble collecting them all. In chapter 6, the underwater level, there are a couple of paths that you can take to get to the next section of the game, and each path has a couple of fireflies, so you might have a hard time collecting them all in one go on this level. With chapter select unlocked at the end of the game, you are able to go back and easily mop up the few remaining fireflies left that you may have left behind. Another good thing about this trophy is that you can see how many fireflies you have in each level at the chapter select screen, and there is also a counter in the level you are currently playing.

The most surprising trophy: vj7bpMpGmgCrvm3qp0Wr97bgOcBVhpS5RsIyiGqVzk10Hw8wEbJpAkXrvkfFgE3K_Rln3cX2Ff21_MGtVTIc9Ry8aeXMG5j37BvC08wwetcCSWBfAw4G-fePiVr2Rg4eL4rvVz7JVGZvw6B3mMPxiC-kcPLdNonF4vX6TVq2a_VPtcKmXUKLYs958g Platinum Guardian: Collect all trophies

Again, this is a very straightforward and simple game, and there are no real surprising trophies or anything that sticks out. If I had to choose one, it would be the platinum trophy, in that only  59% of players have gotten this one. The story is beautiful and the game is quick with no challenges at all, so I would have expected this to be slightly higher.

You should be able to get the platinum trophy within 5 hours of gameplay. As mentioned earlier, the game does not have any real gameplay, but the story, mainly on the journal side of things, and the art style outweigh these ‘problems’. There are no missable trophies, and the game is very easy to complete. For these reasons, I think you should play this game and go for the platinum trophy.

Here is a video review of the game:

Edited by NZBigC
  • Like 3

#5 - TOEM

L20eea1.png

Difficulty: 3/10
Enjoyment: 9/10 
Time to complete: 5 hours.

TOEM is a beautiful-looking adventure game where you set off on an expedition with nothing but your trusty camera in hand. You start off in your home area of Homelanda and eventually trek across several other regions to uncover the mysteries of TOEM. The story is quite simple, and the game as a whole sort of feels like one fun, pacifist Pokemon adventure. Rather than defeating gym leaders and moving on to the next area until you get to the end, beat the Elite 4, and eventually finish the game, Here, you are snapping photos and completing quests to carry on to the next area until you make it to the finale. The game is set in what one could assume are areas of a fictional Scandanavian place, and you traverse across different beautiful areas such as a city, a seaside town, a snowy mountain, and forests. Even though the game is 99.9% black and white, the whole world and characters are stunning, vibrant, and filled with life. On the way to the promised land, in this case, the platinum trophy, there is an assortment of things you need to do, such as petting a dog, walking 1000 miles in certain shoes, and capturing photos of specific people.

Toem – Review

Exploring the wonderful world of TOEM

The hardest trophy: 11Sda957b.png  A true completionist: Complete all the quests in the game

Even though this isn’t too difficult, I would say completing all quests in the game is the hardest trophy. In each area of the game, you have to complete certain quests for characters, such as reuniting a balloon kid with his family and bringing customers to a hot dog truck. Once you have completed x amount of quests, you are then able to take a bus to the next section. Doing this at every place will grant you a ’Visit so and so’ trophy. Similarly, completing every quest in an area will grant you another trophy. If you do get stuck on something or do not know where to go next, there are a couple of good guides that can help you out here. I personally used Hey Poor Player’s text guide and BadDriver’s video guide. There are a total of 64 quests in the game, and completing them will net you the hardest trophy.

The Collectibilist trophy: 14Sf3e3f4.png Collect them all: Photograph everything inside the compendium

Other than completing every quest, taking a photo of every animal in the game earns The Collectibilist Trophy. This is not too difficult as the majority of the animals are right in front of you when you enter an area, but then there are times when you will have to pull out your camera and scan everywhere like building walls and the sky just in case you miss one. There are even certain animals that only come out when you complete certain quests or set up your tripod and hide so that they appear. Also, make sure that the animal's name shows up on the photo. Sometimes you will get a clear-cut picture of an animal but the name does not show up. Sometimes you will take a photo of someone and it will ask if you want to replace it. It is up to you whether or not you wish to do so. There are 54 animals in total, and once you snap that last one, this trophy will be yours.

TOEM Walkthrough

Make sure the creature's name shows up in the photos!

The Grindiest trophy: 2S9c64b9.png Going long!: You just walked a thousand miles!

The grindiest and most annoying trophy in the game is having to walk a thousand miles in clogs. You get these very early on in the game, and the trophy should unlock not that far from the end. You could easily get this out of the way first using a rubber band and setting your controller down while the character walks in circles. The reason this is annoying is that the clogs heavily reduce your speed so it will take you a lot longer to get anywhere than if you were wearing something else.

The most surprising trophy:  19S4e49f4.png  Look at those cuties: Photograph all of the development teams animals

Also known as the Awwww Trophy for this game, this trophy sees you taking photos of 10 different animals with unique names. The reason the names are unique is that they are the actual animals (mainly cats and dogs) of the people who developed the game! I thought this was a really nice touch and shows how dedicated and thoughtful the team was for doing this. They are scattered around just like the rest of the animals, and taking photos of all 10 of these will come with the trophy.

20210921161639_1-1024x576.jpg

One of the many characters you will be snapping for trophies

The gameplay is quite fun and it is very easy to play with a lot of different things to see and do. The art style, although quite simple, is amazing, and the story and dialogue are funny and entertaining enough. It is not a hard game by any means, and it is definitely suitable for all ages. This ain’t no Dark Souls. It is a rather short game and you should be able to get this done in less than 5 hours, but it could take you a lot longer if you want to take your time talking to everybody you meet and exploring every nook and cranny you see. There isn’t really anything negative to say about this game, therefore, I think you should go ahead and play this one.

Here is my video review of the game:

Edited by NZBigC
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

#6 + #7 - Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX (PS5 + PS4)

L641d9e.png

Time to complete: 1 to 2 hours.

Alex Kidd, not Alex the Kid, is a remake of the legendary Sega Master System game. I’m pretty sure the majority of you will already know this game so I will not go into too much detail. In short, it is a 2D platformer where you control Alex Kidd and you are tasked with defeating King Janken and rescuing Kidd’s kingdom. The game has been updated with some pretty sweet graphics, but you are able to switch back to the classic game at the push of a button if you want that sweet sweet nostalgia hit. There are not a lot of things you need to do in order to gain the platinum trophy, but some things you do need to do are talk to every NPC character in the game, not buying any items through one entire playthrough, and defeating each boss in the game.

IGN Expo: Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX Revives a Platforming Classic - IGN

Alex Kidd with updated graphics 

This is simple game to play. However it can be rather frustrating at times as it can be quite hard to control Alex. Sometimes you will overshoot a ledge, or not jump far enough, killing yourself in the process. Once you (hopefully!) get the hang of it, you should be fine. I think there is an option where you can change this so he is more responsive and doesn’t slide so much, but I am not sure if this disables trophies or not. There are no hard trophies to get during the playthroughs, and yes, that is plural. Sadly in my experience, I followed a guide that tells you you will need to do two (almost) complete playthroughs to get every trophy. This is because two trophies clash, making it impossible to get them both in one playthrough. These are Collector: Get all the collectibles, and Stingy: Finish the game without buying items in the shops. The reason these clash is that you have to buy a peticopter in order to get a collectable in level 12, so buying that one item will lock you out of the stingy trophy. 

The hardest trophy: 17S1c9051.png  Champion: Win the Jankenpon tournament.

The hardest trophy in the game, which might not be too hard for some, but was definitely hard for me (it took me longer to get this one than the gauntlet trophy in TitanFall 2!) is Champion:Win the Jankenpon tournament. This mode unlocks once you beat the main story of the game. All you do is defeat the main 4 bosses in the game in jankenpon, and then in their little mini battle. Once you know the formula and pattern of their attacks, you should easily be able to defeat them without much hassle. I have created a video for this just in case you struggle with it. Once you defeat Janken, you will have this trophy.

Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX | wingamestore.com

Updated graphics for Jankenpon battles!

The Collectibilist trophy:  12S94f2a2.png Collector: Get all the collectibles.

The collectiblist trophy is, well, the Collector trophy. There are 15 items spread throughout the game, and they are often hidden inside a rock that you have to smash to reveal them. As mentioned earlier, you need to use a peticopter to get one of these in level 12 (although some say you can get this without buying the peticopter) and there are a couple of others that you get from talking to NPC’s. Once you collect the skateboard in level 20 (make sure you go down through the water area in this level and DO NOT use the magic wand to bypass it!) this trophy should be yours.

The Cutest trophy3S8a618a.png Altered Beast: Pet the sad dog.

There ain’t much else to say about this, other than it is a nice little throw back to another classic Sega game, and the other is that you get to pet a dog! That is all.

Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX: A pretty but dull Sega remaster - Polygon

You can still switch back to the classic graphics at the tap of a button

All in all, this is a very quick and easy game to play and platinum trophy to pick up. Although technically there are some missable trophies, they are very easy to pick up and will not take much of your time to get them. I had a really fun time playing this game, with added bonus points for that nostalgia. The game is not difficult at all, despite taking a while to beat the Boss Rush Mode, and this game should not take you more than a couple of hours to complete, or even around an hour if you go the second route I mentioned. For these reasons, I think you should play this game and go for BOTH platinum trophies.

Edited by NZBigC

• 2 weeks later...

#8 + #9 - MLB The Show 22 (PS5 + PS4)

MLB The Show 22 Preorders Are Live For PlayStation, Xbox, And Switch - News  Update

Time to complete: 3 hours.

Firstly, you may be wondering why I am talking about this game when it is no in the PlayStation Plus line up. However, there is a 4 hour trial, and you are easily able to get the platinum trophy within that timeframe!

MLB The Show 22, for those that do not know, is a baseball simulation game. The idea of baseball is to score more runs than the opposing team (ya don’t say) via runs and home runs. This is a fairly straight-forward road to the platinum, and you have to do an assortment of different actions on and off the baseball field, such as creating your own team in diamond dynasty (think FUT in Fifa), get two double plays in one game (getting two people out with one ball), and getting hit by a pitch.

MLB The Show 22 (PS5) Review - CGMagazine

Shohei Ohtani, the cover athlete this year

The hardest trophy: 25S196669.png  Pitching Dabbler! Promote to Amateur pitching difficulty in Dynamic Difficulty.

There could be a couple of trophies that could be considered the hardest in the game, but even though it should not take you more than half a 9 inning game to get the majority of in- game trophies, the one I struggled most with was Backwards K!: Trigger a perfect pinpoint accuracy pitch that strikes out a batter looking. Yes, that was entirely in English, but like me, the majority of you will probably only understand a, that, and out at first, so let me try and break this down for you. 

Usually when you pitch in this game, you will press either X, O, triangle or square to throw the ball down to the batter. A strikeout happens when a pitcher throws a combination of three swinging or looking strikes (also foul balls count as strikes for the first two out of the three official strikes for a batter) to a batter. Striking out a batter looking means the batter does not take a swing at the third strike, but rather only looks at it, thus, catching him looking.

Now for the hard part.

In the options menu, you need to set your pitching to pinpoint accuracy. Here, you will use your right analog stick to pitch the ball. First you pull it down, then up, and then back down again at the release of the ball. If done correctly, PERFECT will pop up on your screen, and hopefully the batter will simply look at it. If they swing and miss, the trophy will not pop. This will take some getting used to, but thankfully you can adjust sliders to help you with this. Once you eventually get PERFECT to show up on screen while a batter looks at it, this trophy will pop seconds later.

MLB The Show 22 - Xbox Pinpoint Pitching Bug

Pinpoint pitching on full display

The grindiest trophy:  6S979195.png  Pitching Rook!: Promote to Rookie pitching difficulty in Dynamic Difficulty.

There are a couple of grindy trophies, but the one that will more than likely take you the longest to get is Pitching Rook! Promote to Rookie pitching difficulty in Dynamic Difficulty. There are a couple of Dynamic Difficulty trophies that you need to get while batting and pitching, so it is best to turn this on right away. In simpler terms, this is where the computer will automatically adjust the difficulty depending on how you play. If you strike people out a lot, the difficulty will increase, and if you struggle to get people out, the difficulty will drop down to easier difficulties. Similar to the previously mentioned trophy, sliders are your best friend here, so max out your pitching stats and lower the computer’s batting stats, and you should be able to get this in less than two full games. The trophy will be yours once the difficulty bumps up to rookie.

The most surprising trophy:  22S5f926b.png Bring in the Closer!: In any mode, earn a save with your closer to win the game.

The most surprising trophy for me was Bring in the Closer!: In any mode, earn a save with your closer to win the game. The reason for this is that I had no clue what it meant, and rather than learning about it and playing it the long and intended way, I found out a way to get it in minutes. I searched for this and saw that instead of playing a full 9 innings game doing whatever the heck the description asks of you, you can go to a mode in Diamond Dynasty that that puts you in the bottom of the ninth. You can find this by going to: Diamond Dynasty - Play - Programs - Other Programs - May Monthly Awards - Topps Now Week 2 Moments - May 15: Pirates Win Without a Hit. This mode puts you in the bottom of the 9th, and all you have to do is get the three outs to earn the trophy. If the opposing team gets a hit, just simply restart and go for it again. One that third batter goes down, this trophy is yours.

MLB The Show 22 screenshots - Image #31050 | New Game Network

Swiiiiinnnggg batter batter swiiinnngggg

So, should you go for the MLB The Show 22 platinum trophy?

Even if you have no clue about baseball or do not know the difference between a strike out and a stolen base, I think this is still quite a straightforward game to play, and you will not have much trouble understanding things once you do a quick search. The trial goes for 4 hours, but you will easily be able to get this in under that amount of time. I believe I did this in just over 3 hours. There are no hard trophies, and you do not have to play any lengthy story modes or more than a couple of full games to get everything. For these reasons, I think you should PLAY BALL and go for this platinum trophy.

Edited by NZBigC
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Slight update

I haven't gotten a platinum trophy for anything since MLB, but I am very close to getting one for The Medium which has been a pretty fun and straightforward game with a rather sad tale. There is one major bug that stops you from getting trophies, but thankfully I found out about it not long into my playthough, so I was able to go back to a previous save and continue from there.

I still haven't played Spirit of the North for quite some time. Hopefully I can find the spirit to play it again and platinum it soon too.

I have also been playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey for 10 - 20 minutes here and there and it has been quite enjoyable so far.

L064f75.png  - Spirit of the North Enhanced Edition (PS5)   19% complete

Le04e37.png - The Medium (PS5)    71% complete                           

L4544d2.png  - Assassin's Creed Odyssey (PS4)    12% complete

• Like 1

#10 The Medium (PS5)

Le04e37.png

Time to complete: 3 hours.

Should you go for The Medium Platinum Trophy?

The Medium is a psychological horror game set in post-communism Poland in the late 1990s. You control, you guessed it, a medium, Marianne, travelling across various areas and spaces in both Poland and the mirroring spirit realm, solving simple puzzles and outsmarting and outrunning an evil entity. This game plays like a Silent Hill or Resident Evil game, but without 80% of the scares, 95% of the enemies, and 100% of the weapons. There are a lot of puzzles throughout the game that probably a 5-year-old could solve the majority of, however, you aren’t exactly here for the gameplay, but rather for the mysterious, and pretty grim, story. The more you play, the more you want to know what in the hell exactly is happening. There are 40 trophies to collect, and they have you doing things such as collecting all postcards to help you figure out exactly what is going on, spending 10 minutes outside of your body, and feeding a cat at the beginning of the game. You do come across a dog in the game which you have to feed but don’t get a trophy for. It is safe to say the makers of this game are definitely cat people. 

How to Feed the Cat in The Medium

Feeding a cat in the game grants you a trophy, but not when you feed a dog. Cat people eh...

This is a pretty simple and straightforward game to play, and despite there being a few missable, collectable trophies, the majority of these are in plain view and you would almost have to go out of your way to miss them. There are a few video and text guides out there to help you with this, so feel free to follow them just to be safe. Quite a few of the trophies are story related and cannot be missed, and there are a few others where you have to use Marianne’s special abilities for x amount of minutes to get. Some of them do feel pointless, and you will probably have to farm a few of them as I did before closing out the game. Even though the trophies are easy to get, there is one MAJOR thing you CAN NOT do…

DO NOT SELECT RESUME ACTIVITY AT THE PLAYSTATION MENU!

If you do select this, it will glitch your game and you will be locked out of earning any trophies! Thankfully I learned this quite early in my playthrough, and when a trophy did not unlock when it was supposed to, I did a bit of research and found that multiple others also had this problem. The good thing about this game is that it saves several autosaves, so you are able to go back to a previous save and continue from there. I loaded up the previous autosave file (the one before the most recent save file), and the trophy popped at the correct time. I never had another problem with any trophy since I never selected RESUME ACTIVITY, so please, DO NOT DO THIS!

The hardest trophy: 29S9743fe.png  Phantom: Escape the creature without alerting it.    

As mentioned, the trophies in the game are not that hard to get, but the hardest one would have to be, Phantom: Escape the creature without alerting it. About an hour into the game, you will come across an enemy that you cannot be spotted, chased, or caught by. There are three different sections within about 30 minutes of each other, and if you can get to the end without any of this, you will have the trophy. The annoying part for me was that I heard him start to chase me in the third section, despite me being on the other side of a wall with no way of him seeing me, so when I got to the stage where the trophy should have popped, it didn’t. I reloaded a previous save, got through that section without hearing him chase me, and the trophy popped.

Why Am I Getting A Black Screen After Running From The Monster In The  Medium? - GameDom

Do not get caught by this guy. It will not end well for you.

The Collectibilist trophy:  23S2472ad.png A Unknown Outcome: Find all of Thomas' notes in a single playthrough.

For the collectablist award, you could choose any of the four collectable trophies, but I would have to go with, An Unknown Outcome: Find all of Thomas' notes in a single playthrough. There are 20 of Thomas' notes scattered throughout the game, and the majority are in rooms you are supposed to be in, and you should not have much trouble collecting most of them. However, there is one highly missable note that you will probably miss if you were not paying close attention or following a guide. When you first enter a certain new area/building, there is a locked-off section with a chain around a door that you cannot access until much later once you have some bolt cutters. At that stage, you probably don’t realise you can eventually get through, but by the time you get the bolt cutters much later, you may have already forgotten about the area as you never need to return there. Since there is no chapter select, you are screwed out of this trophy if you forget or advance the story to no return.

The grindiest trophy:  28Sab1a38.png  Spirit Walking!: Spend 10 minutes outside your body.

I wouldn’t exactly call it grindy, but you will still probably have to spend a few pointless moments getting Spirit Walking: Spend 10 minutes outside your body. Whenever you are running around with Marianne in the real and spirit world, you are able to hold circle to go outside your body and only control the spirit world Marianne. There are a few moments in the game where you must do this to collect an item or advance the story, but not 10 minutes worth of moments. This means you will have to stand around for moments at a time to run up the clock and get the trophy. Do be warned though, that if you stay outside your body for too long, you will end up dying, so you are unable to AFK this for 10 straight minutes. You can just hold circle to return to your body, and then immediately hold circle down again to leave your body. Do this enough times and you will eventually earn this trophy.

The Medium review: a clichéd retread of horror tropes - Polygon

On of Marianne's special abilities to fight off... moths.

So, should you go for The Medium platinum trophy?

In conclusion, this game has little to no hard trophies, and as long as you DO NOT CLICK RESUME ACTIVITY, and follow, at least, a text guide to watch out for a few of those pesky collectables, you should be able to complete this game between 5 to 10 hours. Although I would not exactly call this a horror game, and although the progression throughout the game is pretty linear, the story is rather dark and well worth unravelling. For these reasons, I think you should go for the platinum trophy.

Here is a video review of the game:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

#11 Ice Age
 L5a3c2b.png

Enjoyment: 3/10 
Time to complete: 7 to 10 hours.

Number of Playthroughs: 1 and 3/4s

Should you go for the Ice Age: Scrat's Nutty Adventure Platinum Trophy?

Ice Age: Scrat’s Nutty Adventure is an action-adventure 3d platformer where you control Scrat throughout several ice age levels, overcoming basic obstacles and enemies in order to retrieve his acorn. To do this, you must collect four legendary crystal nuts at the end of each level, and once you do, the acorn and game will be yours. This game plays heavily like Jumanji, or as Jumanji came out a few months after this, I suppose the one plays a lot like this. Aside from the home area, known as the Scratazon Temple, there are four different areas you must complete. These are much longer than the ones in Jumanji, as there are 4 parts to each section, which technically means there are 16 levels to the game, even though the parts in each section look very similar. There is a boss you have to defeat at the end of the third part of each section, but like every enemy in the game, they are total walkovers. Like Jumanji, the controls are very simple, and you can do things like jump, roll, and attack. One thing worth mentioning is the AWFUL camera controls. Sometimes if you get close to a wall or ledge, the camera goes haywire, and you will more than likely be staring down at Scrat’s head without being able to change it without blindly jumping or moving far enough for the camera to readjust. I have not seen camera controls this bad for quite some time. Thankfully the game isn’t that hard, and if you do end up falling off a cliff or dying to an animal because of this, you will be instantly transported back to a previous save spot. In order to achieve this platinum trophy, you have to do a number of things such as finding all statues and puzzle pieces in the game, smashing 500 crates, sneaking past one animal and pissing off another. There are also NO missable trophies in this game as you can fast-travel to any section of any level. Sadly though, it is impossible to collect everything in one straight playthrough as you are unable to get to certain areas without abilities you unlock later on in the game.

Ice Age: Scrat's Nutty Adventure Trophy Guide | Knoef Trophy Guides

The wonderful world of Ice Age

The Collectibilist trophy:  21S880d9d.png No Stone Unturned: Find all the Statues.

For the collectablist award, you could go with the smash 500 crates trophy, but I would say it would have to be No Stone Unturned - Find all the Statues, since it will take you much longer to get the 20 statues hidden around the 4 sections and the home area. You should have the 500 crates trophy by the end of the third section of the game, but because you must complete the fourth section to collect every statue, this one will end up taking you longer to obtain. Some of these statues are well hidden, and most of them are not on the correct path, so you will more than likely need a video guide to help you get some of these. Once you collect all 20, this trophy will be yours. At the level select screen, you are able to see which sections you have not obtained a trophy in which is a nice little feature.

The grindiest trophy:  24S71ebdc.png  Appetite for Destruction: Smash 500 Shard Crates

Because it didn’t get the collectablist award, the grindiest award will have to go to Appetite  For Destruction - Smash 500 Shard crates. There are tons and tons of crates littered throughout every section of the game, and you do not have to travel very far to find one or two huddled together. In a way, this trophy could take you waaaaay longer than it should if you try to speed run through the game to unlock all the abilities as quickly as possible, skipping past everything to do so, or you might just simply forget about this and never smash enough of them in the first place. For me, I did not have to travel too far off the beaten path to find them, and I believe I was able to get this trophy closer towards the end of the third section. You will have to play at least one and three-quarter times to get the platinum, so you really do not have to go out of your way and search for every single crate as they respawn when you reenter a level. Once you have smashed your 500th crate, this trophy will be yours.

d021e1.jpg

Smash 500 of these bad boys to get a trophy

The Pointless AND Most Frustrating trophies:  37S0927c2.png  Rapid Fire: Throw and hit 3 enemies within 10 seconds

There are several pointless trophies in this game, and hell, you might think the entire game is pointless, but the one that takes the cake is Rapid Fire - Throw and hit 3 enemies within 10 seconds. This would actually take the most frustrating trophy award too because of how godawful the controls are in this game, especially when throwing items. The title can be a little bit confusing and misleading, but for this trophy, you have to throw your acorns at three different enemies within 10 seconds. The best way to do this is to stand on a ledge and then pray to God that you can throw and hit three different enemies in 10 seconds. The beetles are the easiest ones to hit using this method as they cannot jump up to the ledge or platform you are standing on. This will probably take you a few attempts to get right, but once you do, the trophy will pop once you have hit your third enemy.

Ice Age Scrat's Nutty Adventure - The Frozen Dam All Collectibles  Walkthrough - YouTube

An ability you unlock later in the game

So, should you go for the Ice Age platinum trophy?

In conclusion, this game is a lot like Jumanji, meaning the graphics are fine, the gameplay and difficulty are hopeless, and the challenges and puzzles are as simple as they come. Thankfully this does not have a terrible, terrible levelling-up trophy as that game does. This should take you around 7 to 10 hours to complete. Even though it was fairly short, I did have to put it down after one or two sections as it is very repetitive, and I would have passed out from the boredom this game brings. With all that said, I think it is clear that I do not think that you should go for this platinum.

Here is my Platinum Trophy video review of the game:

• 3 weeks later...

#12 Spirit of the North: Enhanced Edition (PS5)
 L064f75.png

Enjoyment: 2/10 
Time to complete: 7 to 10 hours.

Number of Playthroughs: 1 

Should you go for the Spirit of the North: Enhanced Edition Platinum Trophy?

Spirit of the North is a third-person adventure game set in what one could be described as the fictional wildlands of Iceland. You control a red fox that seems to mindlessly wander from chapter to chapter without any real guidance on what to do or why you are doing what you need to do in order to advance the game. There is zero dialogue throughout the game, not just because you are a fox, but also because there is not another single living being in the game. In fact, one of the trophies have you returning staff to dead shamans so that their spirit can pass over into the afterlife? No idea. The more Shaman you help, the more skins you can unlock for your fox. The deeper you get into the game, the more abilities you unlock, such as being able to speed dash and control your spirit for a short while. Again, with no real guidance on what to do or where to go, you are left to search somewhat endlessly until you stumble upon what you are supposed to be doing. A lot of the time you will be turning images around on slabs of stone (Why? I don’t know) until they click into place and open a new passage. Even though the Icelandic landscapes were quite appealing, there is very little to do, and travelling around the different areas can grow tiresome. Oh, and do not get me started on the water, especially in a later level. I thought I was a slow swimmer, but this fox takes it up several notches. You are also unable to doggy paddle faster or jump, and when you finally get out, the fox takes its time shaking itself dry. Try to avoid water at all costs. Eventually, you get to the end of the game, and the game… ends. No big twist, no big reveal, no meaning at all. All that was missing was one of those ‘thank you for playing’ messages you get at the end of a NES or Sega game. Thankfully there is a chapter select at the main menu, which means there are no missable trophies in the game. However, if you do start a new game, say goodbye to that chapter select. On your way to the platinum trophy, you will also be doing things such as barking or chirping at your spirit friend, collecting 25 spirit bloom, and playing fetch, AKA carrying a shaman staff for 3 minutes.

Screenshots for Spirit of the North | Adventure Gamers

The water looks nice, but try not to stay in it for too long

The Collectabilist Award:  8Saf51c1.png  None Forgotten: Awaken all 28 Shaman Spirits

This award goes to None Forgotten: Awaken all 28 Shaman Spirits. For this trophy, you have to find a wooden staff and return it to the body of a dead Shaman in order to awaken it. You will find all of these throughout the chapters, other than the final chapter. This can be a little bit tricky as the staff nor the bodies stand out, and there is no real tracker to tell you how many Shamans there are in each level, so if you wanted to get this legit, you will more than likely be spending a lot of time traversing across the map hoping that you will stumble across a staff. Even when you do find one, finding its owner doesn't come easy most of the time either. Some of the dead Shamans will only be a few paces away, but a lot of them will have you climbing up walls, swimming across water, and opening big doors just to get to them. The game does not hold your hand either, so you will be very lucky if you could find an owner right away. I suggest you use a guide for this one as it will cut a lot of the needless searching out and you can get on with the (lack of a better word) game. This isn't as pointless as the following trophy as the more staff you return to their owners, the more skins you unlock for your fox, meaning you can go from a red fox to a black one at the click of a button. Once you return the staff to the last Shaman, this trophy will be yours.

Image 6 - Spirit of the North - Mod DB

Oh hello there Mr Shaman, here is your stick

The Most Pointless and Highly Annoying Awards:  9Sa3639c.png  Kindred Spirits: Locate and greet all Spirits in the Spirit World

For the most pointless and also highly annoying trophy in the game, Kindred Spirits: Locate and greet all Spirits in the Spirit World wins by a landslide. In the penultimate chapter of the game, you have to greet all 28 spirits by simply running up to them. You may not think that this is a big problem. 28? That’s easy! However! This level is quite large, and the majority of the level looks exactly the same, so you will easily get lost if you are not following a guide. Another bad thing about this is that there is no counter, so you are unable to tell how many spirits you have greeted. It is highly, highly recommended that you use a video guide for this one as you will more than likely spend hours upon hours blindly looking for all 28 of these dudes. Do note that the spirit has to bring their hands together in order for them to greet you for it to count. There were a few times when I had to run circles around spirits in order for them to finally do this. Once you eventually track down the 28th spirit, this very annoying trophy will be yours.

Screenshots for Spirit of the North | Adventure Gamers

Good luck making your way around the spirit world

The Most Surprising Award:  18Saf0837.png  Fox? Or Flying Squirrel?: Stay airborn for more than 8 seconds using jump-gates or geysers

The most surprising award, for many reasons, goes to Fox? Or Flying Squirrel?: Stay airborne for more than 8 seconds using jump gates or geysers. The first reason is that almost half the people that have played this game have gotten this trophy. From my understanding, there is only one place in the game you can get this trophy, at least so it seems following a certain guide, so I was quite surprised to see it have such a high completion rate. The second reason, which is not so good, is because of the name of the trophy! Fox? Or Flying Squirrel? Is such a terrible name for this. They could have gone along with something like, I dunno, Flying Fox! I don't know about other places, but here in New Zealand, there is a kid's activity where you hang onto a rope and go free-falling down a zipline you are attached to. Oh, there is also an actual animal called the flying fox, so there's that too. Once you stay airborne for 8 seconds, tick this one off the list.

So, should you go for the Spirit platinum trophy?

Some people might love this game and enjoy the challenges it brings, being it does not hold your hand at all to guide you. There is no real story to follow with ZERO dialogue, there are no enemies except your patience and determination to finish this game, and there is not a whole lot to do other than run around beautiful Icelandic landscapes as a fox. I did not have much fun at all playing this, and I had to start and stop several times just to force myself to complete it. With a guide, the game should not take you much more than 6 hours to complete, but without one, may the gods be in your favour, especially with chapter 7! This game isn't hard at all and takes no skill to do anything, although it will take you a while to eventually discover what you need to do. For these reasons, I think you should skip this game and not go for the platinum trophy. 

Here is a video of my review:

Nice idea, I like this. Curious to see where you go with it. Definitely following to see your progress.

I think it was on PSPlus some time ago so I'll ask (could be well wrong lol), did you pick up Stray? If so, can't wait to see what you think.

I did however love Spirit of the North but I can understand why some people won't like it. Not something I would do again though, why I haven't played the PS5 version.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Violino said:

Nice idea, I like this. Curious to see where you go with it. Definitely following to see your progress.

I think it was on PSPlus some time ago so I'll ask (could be well wrong lol), did you pick up Stray? If so, can't wait to see what you think.

I did however love Spirit of the North but I can understand why some people won't like it. Not something I would do again though, why I haven't played the PS5 version.

Cheers! Yeah I figured the best way to get my money's worth is to play as many games as I can on the service. 

Yeah Stray is still on the service, but I didn't wanna play it since it was so hyped up and I only (although I am starting to open up to bigger ones) wanted to stick to playing the smaller, unknown titles.

I swear I heard only good things about Spirit a long time ago, but after playing it for a bit, I looked up reviews again and found mostly negative things lol.  But yeah, it will definitely be for some people, but certainly not for me.

• 4 weeks later...

#13 Monopoly Madness

Lc59aa2.png

Time to complete: 3 to 6 hours.

Number of Playthroughs: Multiple 5-minute games and one 15-minute game 

Should you go for the Monopoly Madness Platinum Trophy?

Monopoly Madness is a wild and action-packed take on the Monopoly board game that has little to do with what an actual standard game of Monopoly brings. Aside from the name and collecting properties, this is totally a new experience. Rather than a simple turn-based game where you have to wait for everybody else to roll the dice and move around the board which could take hours to complete, this is a free for all chaotic party game that takes mere minutes at a time to complete. This plays more like a strategic brawler than a strategic board game, even though the end game is to have the most properties and not KOing your opponents. In order to buy and level up your properties, you run around the map collecting dollars, lightning tokens and water tokens as they spawn into the level at sporadic intervals. Several power-ups also spawn into the game that can give you the upper hand, such as bulldozing properties, giving you extra cash, and blocking pathways for opponents to travel so that you can snap up a property before they can get to it. Bonuses are given to players at the end of each game, and I think each bonus comes with a trophy. You get these bonuses by doing the most or best of something in the game, such as collecting the most electricity or being attacked the most by the other players. There is a story mode in the game, but there are no trophies related to it so I did not venture there. Rather, I played a lot of 5-minute games, along with one 15-minute game that is needed for a trophy. Although this game was clearly made to be played between friends and family, they were not needed for any trophies as you are able to play and earn them with bots. In order to obtain the platinum trophy, you will be doing things such as winning a game by having more money than a player you tied with, playing with 6 people (bots), and playing a 5-minute game.

MONOPOLY Madness | XboxAchievements.com

This ain't the kind of Monopoly game you are used to playing

The Most Annoying Award:  19S487dee.png  Any of the Bonus trophies

Realistically, any bonus trophies could be the most annoying as they can feel completely random when you do or do not get one. For example, even if you play a whole round collecting electricity and nothing else, you may not get the related trophy at the end of the round. Even when you focus on one thing, you sometimes get another bonus for something else you did not do. Sure, focusing on one or two things in a round would be a good strategy, but it is not guaranteed. The host gives away a maximum of three bonuses to all players involved in that round, so it is best to play with a second controller and leave it AFK while you focus on those bonuses. Again, this is totally random, and you may get lucky and get it after 1 game, or be totally unlucky and get it after 10. The last bonus trophy I earned was Big Spender, and as the name suggests, you have to spend the most money in the round. There were a few rounds where I bought every single property, yet I still did not earn this trophy, so hopefully, it will take you only a little while to earn the bonus you are going after. The rarest bonus seems to be Runner Up where you have to lose the most auctions. For trophies like this, you will need to use the second controller to outbid your main account in hopes that you do it enough times to earn this trophy. 

The Collectabilist Award:  23S3df2b6.png  Mule: Have a full loadout of maximum resources and more than M100!

The collectablist award goes to Mule: Have a full loadout of maximum resources and more than M100! This one does not take long to do. The idea is to collect 100 million Monopoly dollars and the max amount of water and electricity before the round is up. Don’t worry about spending the dollars or utilities this round; just focus on collecting them. Also, play this with a second controller so that no one can take the money or utilities from you. Once you have 100 million on you as well as the max water and electricity, this trophy should pop.

MONOPOLY Madness | Media - Screenshots | DLH.NET The Gaming People

Win the game and earn bonuses at the end of the match

The Entertaining Award:  28Se56534.png Full Party: Play a game with 6 players!

Solely as a trophy hunter, the most entertaining trophy goes to Full Party: Play a game with 6 players! The majority of this game can and I suppose should be played with a second controller and/or 1 bot, so things can get a bit boring after a couple of rounds of doing pretty much nothing. Here, you will have to play 5 other players/bots, and this is where you will see the chaos truly unfold. Power-ups will be happening every few seconds, properties will be selling like hotcakes in ferocious bidding wars, and players hitting one another will be at an all-time high. This is how the game is supposed to be played, and it would be a hundred times better with friends or family. Once you have finished the round, this trophy will be yours.

Monopoly Madness Brings Arena Battles to Classic Game - Gameindustry.com

Collect money and resources to buy and level up your properties

So, should you go for the Monopoly Madness platinum trophy?

As mentioned before, this is a party game that was meant to be played with friends and family, and you will have one heck of a fun time playing it with them, and I recommend you do that too. However, playing this game as a trophy hunter will not be as fun, and can take a very long time to get the platinum. In my case, I did enjoy the game and had enough fun, and I even played with 5 bots a number of times to get more enjoyment out of it. Thankfully it did not take me too long to get every trophy, and if the same happens for you, you should be able to get this in well under 6 hours of playtime, with some people doing it in less than 3. There is nothing difficult about this one at all, and with all that being said, I think you should go for this platinum.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

#14 Ben 10: Power Trip

L4fc344.png

Enjoyment: 5/10 
Time to complete: 16 hours.

Number of Playthroughs: 1 and a bit (1 if you do all Lord Decibel Concerts in one sitting)

Ben 10: Power Trip, is a third-person open-world adventure game that takes place in the fictional world of, you guessed it, Ben 10. Ben and a few of his family members are taking a vacation in Europe when Hex, a magician and enemy of Ben's, comes along and wipes away Ben's ability to transform into his companions.  The idea of the game is to traverse three different areas on the map to recover his powers and defeat Hex before he can unleash his plans on the rest of the world. As mentioned, this is an open-world game, and you are able to travel freely across it and do whatever you like whenever you like, although there is a story that you need to follow in order to complete the game. There are several simple side quests and mini-quests at each of the main hubs, the forest, the city, and the ski resort, that help you to level up and become stronger, faster, and luckier. Being an OG Games game, none of it is really needed as their games are always very simple and easy to complete. The deeper you get into the story, the more characters you unlock which in turn means more places you can access. 

The majority of the trophies are straightforward, such as completing story missions and collecting each of the characters, however, there are a couple that can cause you to not only pull your hair out but to have to start an entirely new game. The two culprits are Destroy all Decibel Concerts, more on that later, and find all of the upgrades in a single game. There is not a trophy for upgrading every, uh, upgrade, however, there is a trophy for each of the three, power, health, and luck. This doesn't seem too bad, however, at least in my case, there were not enough ability points in a single game to upgrade every single one of these (it didn't help that one of the battle arenas glitched out which meant I couldn't get an upgrade point there), so I had to start a new game to max out the third upgrade. Even though this was rather annoying, there is a bit of a one-time workaround for this. In my main game, I had maxed out two upgrades and was 6 points shy of maxing out the third upgrade. If you load up your game, quit to the menu, and then start a new game, WITHOUT EVER CLOSING THE GAME, you will only have to find 6 upgrade points to obtain the trophy, even though you would only have 6 points for that upgrade in your new game. For some reason, thankfully, by doing this, your game thinks you still have all of those points from your old game in your new game! I believe if you close your game sometime after starting your new game and before getting the trophy, you will have to properly max out that upgrade to get the trophy. Once again, like many other OG Games, this game is riddled with even more glitches (when will I ever say a good thing about OG Games!), but thankfully it is not a very long game, and you should be able to get through this game rather quickly if you do decide to play it.

Review - Ben 10: Power Trip - WayTooManyGames

One of the many companions you can transform into

The Collectabilist Award:  28S30809c.png  On a Roll: Find all the Luck Upgrades

The collectablist award goes to Find all the XXX Upgrades with XXX being whichever is the third upgrade you go for.  I think have already spoken enough on this, but if you have somehow forgotten what I just said, the idea of these three trophies is to max out your upgrades, power, health, and luck. Power lets you dish out more damage, health gives you, well, more health, and luck gives you better odds at getting critical hits, as well as getting more money from defeating enemies.  You get upgrade points by finding them randomly throughout the map, completing story missions, defeating enemies, and buying them from vendors. Luck is probably the best ability to upgrade first as money is very hard to come by in this game despite there being many many coins littered throughout the world, and you need a lot of coins to buy some upgrade points. By the end of the game, you should already have two upgrades maxed out, I suggest luck and health, with one not far behind. I have heard different people say different things, but for me, I was missing 6 points which meant I had to start a new game to get the remaining 6.  Once I unlocked that 6th point, the trophy unlocked. 

The Glitchiest Award:  10S5c0535.png  Headliner: Destroy All Decibel Concerts

The Worst and Glitchiest Trophy Award goes to Headliner: Destroy All Decibel Concerts. Scattered throughout the entire map are three Lord Decibel Concerts. These are big purple doors attached to walls, and once you enter it, there is a short, easy puzzle to complete to defeat Lord Decibel. Doing this to all 15 doors to obtain the trophy. That doesn't sound so bad, right? WRONG! The reason this is such an annoying and glitchy trophy is that the moment you close the game after completing at least one door, this trophy becomes unobtainable. For some reason, the game restarts your counter when you close the game, and because you can no longer enter a door once you have completed it, it is impossible to get this trophy. This means, like me, you will have to start an entirely new playthrough (after collecting every other non-glitchy trophy first!) and then speedrunning my way through the map and doing all 15 doors in one sitting. Sadly you will have to advance the story far enough to unlock the companion Four Arms as you are unable to reach an area with a door without him. Once you complete the 15th door IN ONE SITTING, this trophy will be yours. I would highly suggest you follow the trophy guide on PSNProfiles and do this right away so that you do not have to start a new game just for this as it does take up to two hours to complete.

Ben 10: Power Trip Mt Eisburg Lord Decibel Concert Locations | SuperParent

Make sure to complete ALL 15 of these mini-games in one session!

The Pointless Award:  22Sb54d23.png  Super Ben: Save all the citizens from monsters.

The Most Pointless Award goes to Super Ben: Save 10 citizens. Every now and then, you will see a citizen standing around, and when you get close enough, a bunch of worthless enemies spawn in, and once you defeat them all, you will get a thank you and a reward from the citizen. There are 13 citizens on the map and they always spawn in the same place, however, you are able to save the same citizen over and over again until this trophy pops, so you do not have to spend a lot of time looking all over the map to find 10 different citizens. I think the best place to farm this is the snowy road up to the mountain. There is Rust Bucket (the family campervan) close by, so once you defeat the enemies, rush over to it, fast-travel to another point close by, and rinse and repeat until the trophy pops. If you are going to farm this, I highly suggest unlocking XLR8 first as you can run extremely fast, or... accelerate at high speeds with him, making this much quicker to obtain. Of course, you can play the game naturally and save the citizens when you come past them on your own in the wild.

The Most Useful Award:  10S5c0535.png  Fastest Alien Alive: Unlock XLR8

The Most Useful trophy goes to Fastest Alien Alive: Unlock XLR8. You may be able to tell from the name and description of this trophy, as well as what I have mentioned earlier, but the reason this is the most useful trophy in the game is that you can run across the map extremely fast with this alien. Every other alien is rather slow, and Ben's scooter isn't exactly the best on the market, so unlocking this trophy early should be a priority as the map is rather large and you will probably not have a fun time scootering from area to area, so definitely go for this as soon as you can.

Ben 10: Power Trip - Unlocking The Fastest Alien Alive, XLR8 (Xbox One  Gameplay) - YouTube

Unlock XLR8 ASAP to make life much easier and faster

So, should you go for the Ben 10: Power Trip platinum trophy?

As with most other OG Games games, this one would definitely be fun or at least more suitable for very young kids who don’t really know what they are doing, chiefly fans of the show. This game is definitely easy and the monsters are simple to, defeat and the bosses, if you could call them that, are total pushovers, especially the final boss. However, once you do realise this game was made by OG Games, you will soon know that there will be several glitches and bugs that taint the experience, not to mention one major game-breaking one. It isn’t exactly a bad game and can be enjoyable at times, specifically when you are racing around the map with XCL8. Hopefully, you will not encounter many bugs or glitches if you do decide to play, and if you do, this should take around 15 to 18 hours to complete. Although one of the better OG Games, unless you are a fan of the show, I think you should not go for this platinum trophy.

Edited by NZBigC

• 5 weeks later...

#15 Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion

Lfa4459.png

Enjoyment: 6.5/10 
Time to complete: 15 hours

Platinum-breaking bugs: Potentially 2 

Adventure Time Pirates of the Enchiridion is an RPG game set in the Land of Ooo, the world where the show takes place. However, this world has been flooded, and it is up to you as Jake and co to figure out what exactly has happened. This will see you sail to a lot of different islands, battling enemies, rescuing helpless penguins and completing a dozen or so side quests on your way towards the platinum trophy. Similar to Ben 10, the deeper you get into the game, the more of Jake’s friends you unlock and use in your team. You start off as a party of two with Jake and Finn, and you will soon be unlocking Marceline and BMO to strengthen your squad and do lots of damage to foes. Something I did not learn until I was about level 5 was that you could level up your characters. Doing so really makes the game a lot easier than it should be, so if you do want a bit of a challenge, try to stay a level or two below what you are. Also, I have never watched a single second of this show, but I had a rather fun time listening to the characters interact during cut scenes, and some of their jokes were pretty funny. And I do believe the cast in the show actually reprises their roles in this game too. I could have sworn Finn was Danny De VitoThe game was also surprisingly a lot better than it should be, knowing it is an OG Games game. Thankfully I did not come across any bugs (although there is one major one, more on that later) and I did not struggle that much on my way to glory. Some things you will be doing to pick up the platinum are falling into the water ten times, winning a fight against a higher-level enemy, and using BMO’s special ability to analyze the weaknesses of the enemies.

Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion Review (Switch) | Nintendo Life

One of the many islands you will be visiting in this game

The Collectablist Award:  34S9f774f.png  Super Helper: Complete all side quests

The collectablist award goes to Super Helper, Complete all side quests. There are 12 side quests in the game, ranging from super easy, like moving four sandbags a few metres, to pretty annoying, like finding penguins and children scattered throughout the world and returning them to their homes. The reason these ones are rather annoying is that there 10 penguins and 10 children you must return, but there are only 6 spots on your boat for them, meaning you will have to sail the seas several times in your boat to and fro just to complete these. It never happened to me, but I heard that if you die in battle, these get returned to the spots you found them, so you will have to go back and pick them up again. Another annoying one is sailing around the seas looking for pirate ships to fight. There are 7 in total, and they were a bit hard to find but easy to battle once found. Again, luckily this did not happen to me, but if you complete the main story BEFORE doing this, some of the remaining ships are gone forever and you will be locked out of the trophy. I suggest completing all of the side quests before completing the main story. Once the 12th side quest is complete, this trophy is yours. 

Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo  Official Site

Make sure to defeat all 7 pirate ships before completing the main story

The Most Confusing Award:  28Sa87d48.png  Quadrilateral!: Overskronk 4 enemies in a single battle    

The Most Confusing Award goes to Quadrilateral! Overskronk 4 enemies in a single battle. I think it is pretty obvious why this one is confusing… what in the world is overskronk and how do you do it to four enemies?! Even reading up on what to do, I was still a bit confused as I thought I had done what was asked of me, but alas, more reading, and watching, needed to be done. The idea is to overkill four enemies, AKA do a lot more damage once they have been taken down to zero health. For example, if an enemy has 10 hp, and you do 150hp worth of damage, you will overskronk that enemy. I think you have to do at least 100hp over to overskronk them as I seemed to do pretty close to that, but overskronked never showed up on the screen. There are a number of battles where you will fight 4 or more enemies at once, and you can get this apparently as early as the tutorial, although I got it much later in the game. If you are struggling to get this, try to figure out the enemy's weaknesses using BMO’s special ability, and then attack those enemies with what they are weak against. Another way to get this, which is how I did it, is to upgrade Jake's doderang so that you can attack four enemies at once. This was the easiest method for me, but once you overskronk 4 enemies, no matter how or by who, you will obtain this trophy. 

The Glitchiest Award:  36Sd3dbb3.png  Now Stay Put: Take all the penguins to the tree house

The glitchiest trophy in this game goes to Now Stay Put! Take all the penguins to the tree house. Again, thankfully I never came across this glitch, but I thought I should warn you as you will not be able to get the platinum trophy if this happens to you! After a number of main missions, you will come across one where you return a crown to the Ice King. Upon returning the crown, a side mission where you have to return 10 penguins will open up, along with a new area to return these penguins. In some instances, this area does not spawn, meaning you are unable to return the penguins, and thus, not able to get this trophy and the platinum. It is best to immediately make your way to this area once the side mission triggers to see if the area spawns in. If it does not, you will have to start a new game and hope that it doesn’t happen again. 

Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion - Reach the Core room - YouTube

Speaking of bugs, this door might not be open. Thankfully you can still glitch through it if it is closed

The Most Exciting Award:  11Sa9ed74.png  Hero XXX: Get XXX to Level 10

Now for some fun news. The Most Exciting Trophy goes to Getting all the heroes to level 10. Four trophies relate to getting each hero to level 10, but I will pool them all into one big trophy as you need to do all of them. I found it quite fun to go around to the different islands, battling different creatures and monsters and levelling up the heroes. By the time I was around level 5 with most of them, I wondered why the game was getting quite hard and the enemies were almost one shooting me. That was when I figured out that you could level up the heroes! Doh! When you pause the game and go to the character menu, you are able to train them, which means you can make them stronger, give them more HP, and strengthen their special abilities. Once I figured this out, the game was rather easy and the enemies, including the majority of the bosses, were a cakewalk. I did have to grind this for a short while right at the end of the game as I was only on level 9 with most of them right before the final trophy. Once you battle your way to level 10 with all characters, you will have all four trophies.

So, should you go for the Adventure Time platinum trophy?

It is hard to believe that the people who made the Jumanji and Paw Patrol games also made this game. This game is head and shoulders better than those ones, but is it still worth a play? Even though the game was slow at times, especially when sailing around and pulling out your map because there is no minimap, I still had a really fun time playing this one. The game was quite challenging up until I realised I could level up my heroes. Even then, it was still very enjoyable, and the story and humour were quite good. Again, this was not a very hard game to play, albeit with one or two bosses, but once you understand how to fight them, it ends up being rather easy. My PlayStation tells me I spent 17 hours in this game, but I think an hour or two was spent doing nothing while I tended to my children, so you are probably looking at finishing this game in around 15 hours or so. This isn’t just better than Jumanji and the Paw Patrol, but probably the best OG Games I have played, and for those reasons, I think you should go for the platinum trophy.

My video review:

Edited by NZBigC
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

#16 Far Cry: New Dawn

L7ba622.png

Time to complete: 20 hours

Platinum-breaking bugs: 0

Far Cry New Dawn is a follow-up to Far Cry 5 that takes place in the same universe following the events at the end of Far Cry 5. This game pretty much plays out like any other Far Cry game in that you travel across an open world, rescuing and or recruiting animals and humans to team up with, liberating a bunch of outposts, and ultimately defeating a big boss, in this case, two, whom you interact with at the very start of the game. There isn’t really much else to introduce about this game other than it is one of the shorter Far Cry games out there, and it also felt like it was a lot easier than previous versions too. On your way to the platinum trophy, you will be doing things such as completing three expeditions with a partner, eliminating five enemies by throwing shields at them and catching every type of fish in the game.

Far Cry's villains aren't working anymore, and New Dawn's twins are the  final straw | GamesRadar

It is your job to take these two down

The Collectabilist Award:  28S8c788a.png  Master Skinner: Collect at least one skin from every type of animal in Hope County
The collectabilist award goes to Master Skinner: Collect at least one skin from every type of animal in Hope County. Not creepy at all. That trophy description ain’t long at all either..
As the description states, you will have to skin all of the animals in the game to pop the trophy. There are 25 different types, and this includes two types of sea creatures which are the Shark and Demon Fish. As you travel across the land, you will come across road signs that show you which animal is in that location. This also includes the four legendary animals that you need to skin. You will come across the majority of these animals as you play the game, so do try to hunt down as many as you can so that you do not have to spend a lot of time post-game looking out for the remaining animals. Also, there are a couple of animals that only seem to spawn, or at least have a higher spawn rate, in certain expeditions like the shark, so do keep that in mind if you are having trouble finding something. Also, there are a number of guides out there that show you the locations of all of the animals, so it is good to refer to these if you are really struggling. It took me quite a while to find a bunch of hares, but when I went to a location in one of the guides and hunted one after a short while, I was super relieved.

The Grindiest Award:  29Sbda02f.png  Hit the Road: Complete 7 unique Expeditions on the Rank III difficulty

The Grindiest Award goes to Hit the Road: Complete 7 unique Expeditions on the Rank III difficulty. An expedition in the game is where you get taken to an entirely separate, smaller map and the idea is to extract a bag and be rewarded with a lot of goodies to help you in the main part of the game. There are seven different expeditions, and sadly you have to play through all three difficulties for each one, You are unable to start at level 3 difficulty, meaning you will have to successfully complete 21 extractions to obtain this trophy. The good thing about it, however, is that it is not hard at all, and you are able to rush in from the start, grab the bag, and then wait the few minutes it takes for the helicopter to come in and extract you. Another good thing is that there is a plume of purple smoke that pretty much pinpoints where the bag is on the map, so you are able to collect it within minutes if you choose to do so. Once you complete all 21 expeditions, this trophy will be yours. 

Far Cry New Dawn Expedition: H.M.S. MacCoubrey (Walkthrough)

Follow the pink smoke to find the package in expeditions

The Most Annoying Award:  30S1a357c.png  Pure Ninja: Liberate a Rank III Outpost while staying undetected

The Most Annoying Award goes to Pure Ninja: Liberate a Rank III Outpost while staying undetected. Outposts in the game are small encampments scattered throughout the island, and each one starts off by being run by the enemy. The idea is to defeat every enemy at a spot to liberate it. Once you do, it becomes a fast travel spot for you. Another thing you can do is to scavenge it, meaning you get a valuable resource, but the highwaymen retake control of the camp. Each time you do it, there will be stronger and more enemies to defeat.  Similar to the expeditions, there are three levels to an outpost, and for this trophy, you will have to liberate just one without being detected by a single enemy. At level 3, there are a lot of higher-levelled enemies, and a super annoying thing is that they seem to be able to spot you a mile away, and super quick too. One thing that isn’t very annoying is that your companion is able to go in and wreck stuff as much as they want, so long as YOU do not get spotted. This is a weird one but it does work in your favour, so abuse it as much as you can. You will definitely know you have been spotted as mortar strikes rain down on you and helicopters circle you within a moment's notice. Since your companions are allowed to go in guns blazing, a good thing to do is stay hidden in tall grass while they take out as many people as they can before succumbing to their injuries. Once this happens, revive them if it is safe to do so, or let them bleed out and then call on another companion to do your work. If you do not like this method, a golden bow is a must-have as they are able to one-shot anyone that doesn’t have a golden health bar, also known as an enforcer. These guys will have to be taken down up close with a knife in the back, so make sure every other enemy is taken care of before attempting these takedowns as the enemy seems to be able to spot you as far as the eye can see. Even when I was nowhere near an encampment, I started to get spotted, so do be mindful. Once you finish off the final enemy without being spotted, this one will be yours.

The Choice of Experience Over Systems in Far Cry: New Dawn | by Gaming  Experience Design (GXD) | Medium

One of several companions you can take with you 

So, should you go for the Far Cry New Dawn platinum trophy?

This game is really straightforward from start to finish, and if you have played any other Far Cry game, maybe besides Primal, then you will definitely know how it plays out. If you have recently played Far Cry 5, then maybe wait a while or even straight-up pass on this as it is set in the same universe and feels more like a long DLC than a standalone game. Despite this, I did enjoy my time with this one, and I was able to get the only co-op trophy out of the way with my 4-year-old ‘playing’ on my PlayStation 4. Since this feels more like a standalone DLC than a full game, this is by far the shortest Far Cry game out there, and I was able to get the platinum trophy in about 20 hours or so. This game isn’t hard at all, even on the Rank 3 expeditions and outposts, and I was able to breeze from them all as well as the story in a quick fashion. For these reasons, I think you should knock this one out quickly and go for the platinum trophy.

My video review:

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

#17: Tekken 7

L58925c.png

Enjoyment: 6.5/10 
Time to complete: 10 hours

Number of Playthroughs: 1 story + many battles

Platinum-breaking bugs: 0

I assume most people know what Tekken is, so I won't go into too much detail about it. Tekken 7 is a fighting game with a relatively short story that continues the Mishima saga, but I doubt many people will be here for that. There are a bunch of modes like Arcade and Treasure Battles, and then there is the online side of things where I assume most non-trophy hunters spend their time. I am horrible at fighting games so I only spent the bare minimum amount of time in the online modes. There are a ton of characters here, most of which you have seen before like Asuka, Paul, and Hwoarang, as well as a handful of new ones. On your way to the platinum trophy, you will be doing things such as winning a few fights online, defeating 20 higher-ranked opponents, which can thankfully be done offline, and dealing a ton of damage in an air combo. 

TEKKEN 7 - Hwoarang Ending & Intro (TEKKEN 7 Character Endings) - YouTube

A familiar face if you have played Tekken before

The Grindiest Award:  33Sd42a49.png  Hot-Blooded Fighter: Got promoted to Warrior
The trophy that takes the longest to obtain goes to, Hot-Blooded Fighter: Got promoted to Warrior. This is where you will spend most of your time going for the platinum trophy. The easiest way to get promoted to Warrior is by playing the Treasure Battle mode offline. For this, you will need to pick and stay with one character as you win matches. You need to win around 60 matches to get promoted to Warrior. You can pick your favourite character for this and play it naturally if you like, but the quickest way to fly through these matches is by picking someone who has an attack that you can spam over and over again to finish off an enemy as fast as possible. For this, I picked Lucky Chloe and used her low-kick spam attack so that the AI could almost never counter it, and each round lasted a few seconds this way. Yes, it feels cheap, but if you are as bad at fighting games as I am, then it may be the only way to do it. Once you get promoted to this rank, the trophy will unlock.

The Most Annoying Award:  15S1dd330.png  No Pain, No Gain: Dealt 50,000 damage in Practice mode.

The most annoying trophy to get goes to, No Pain, No Gain Dealt 50,000 damage in Practice mode. I suppose if you are playing this for fun or competitively, learning new move sets and combos with characters, this trophy will probably come easily. If not, like me, this will be a bit of a snoozefest as you continuously pound away at a dummy opponent for a long time. Thankfully, there are a couple of characters that you can use who can deal a lot of damage in a short amount of time. The one I used was Miguel with his super punch ability. This does over 200 damage, completely wiping out the health bar. I continued to do this over and over and over again until the trophy eventually popped. If you do it this way, put on a movie or listen to a podcast so that you don’t die of complete boredom. When you finally deal enough damage, this trophy will be yours.

Tekken 7 review: "A powerful, gratifying, deeply cinematic fighting game" |  GamesRadar

Possibly the hardest opponent in the game

The Tough Award:  43Sae3cde.png  Master of Iron Fist: Finished the Special Chapter of the main story.

The toughest trophy to obtain, in my opinion, was Master Of Iron Fist: Finished the Special Chapter of the main story. This might not be very hard for people who are used to fighting games, but for me, this was definitely hard and took a number of attempts to beat. After beating the story, you will unlock the Special Chapter where you have to beat Akuma as Devil Jin. This guy is relentless with his attacks and dodges. It took me a number of fights, and a number of videos viewed on YouTube before I eventually was able to take him down. Sadly the fight is not over once you have ‘defeated’ him in battle. Once you have knocked him down to around 5% health, he will start to power up his rage art, and this took me by surprise the first time this happened. As soon as the cut scene starts and he starts to power up, immediately start spamming your rage art and counter his as this is the only way to win this battle. Once you eventually defeat him, cheesy cinematic ending and all, this trophy will be yours.

So, should you go for the Tekken 7 platinum trophy?

The graphics in the game are very good and the gameplay is also fun and easy enough to pick up and play despite being horrible at these kinds of games. The story was ok but the little one battle side missions they have in the game were fun to play through though. There are a few online trophies for this, but if you have a second console or a friend or two to boost them with, they should take less than 10 minutes or so to get. Other than that one trophy you get for beating Akuma that I mentioned earlier, there isn’t really anything that is too hard to do here. There are a few characters you can use to quickly decimate the opponent and make the road to the platinum a lot faster than it should. Using Lucky Chloe for the main part of the trophy hunt, I was able to complete this in around 10 hours or so. For these reasons, I think you should go for the Tekken 7 platinum trophy.

My Video Review: