Game-breaking bug (slums) and possible few glitches. Take caution if you're speedrunning

Realtione

I played the game twice on ps4 and platinumed it easily. To save time, I came across a guide here on this forum and decided to use it (it's a perfect guide in every way btw) and game-breaking bug happened in the slums. After pulling the switch and getting dead (then obviously, I did quit to the main menu to save some seconds) and loading back, I saw the switch was already pulled but the door was not open. So to save 30 seconds at most I fucking sacrificed around 5 mins. I pushed it all the way through but ended the game with 2 hrs 01 min and 43 secs. I also somehow missed sneakitty (although I did quit to the main menu after getting red light and it sent me back to the very beginning, I never caught once after that) and territory. I don't know if quitting to the main menu messed up those trophies or if it was just me getting lost while playing, they are not a problem however, later on when you and Clementine attempted a jailbreak, where Clem was supposed to open a door and then follow you to open another, she refused to move. 2 game breaking once at once playthrough (and I never encountered once while playing it blind on ps4). I must say, after this debacle, I am unsure if I want a second plat. Take caution if you want to speedrun. Maybe it's better to do it in two playthroughs cuz you know... shit happens

I know it's only 2 hours but to lose a speedrun trophy like that is just not trivial. This game had tricks in its sleeve for me after all. 

Edited by Realtione

Damn that’s unlucky! Best thing imo is to just turn off auto cloud sync.

That way, you can manually upload your save to the cloud at the start of every new chapter. It takes less than minute to do the backup, & it means you can download it and overwrite your console autosave if anything fucks up (either for a glitch, or if your run goes badly for some reason.) 

7 hours ago, smudgedhorizon said:

Damn that’s unlucky! Best thing imo is to just turn off auto cloud sync.

That way, you can manually upload your save to the cloud at the start of every new chapter. It takes less than minute to do the backup, & it means you can download it and overwrite your console autosave if anything fucks up (either for a glitch, or if your run goes badly for some reason.) 

Should have done that but I thought the game was pretty much polished and easy (and actually is in both cases, it was just unlucky). I got the plat now. Not a big deal. I just wanted to warn people, that sometimes reloading a checkpoint is much better than quitting the game despite what video guides suggest. Losing 30 secs or even a minute is not the end of a run, you are most likely to complete the speed run in under 1 hour and 50 min anyway. I was stressed out because I wanted to do all trophies in one attempt. I am unsure if I'd bother to upload manually to my cloud during the speed run tho, kills the vibe. On the other hand, I actually miss the USB feature.