Jump to content

PS5 Upgrade Worth Starting Trophy List Over?


Recommended Posts

Played the game a good amount of PS4 Pro and am at about 25% completion on base game trophy list.  Are the PS5 upgrades good enough for me to start fresh and leave the PS4 version incomplete?  The updates this week have me interested in jumping back in.  Also, I hate being a completionist sometimes. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The main upgrade in comparison to PS4 is the fps, although I'm not sure how much of a difference you'd notice in comparison to PS4 Pro (I just have a base PS4 and PS5). I definitely notice a difference in how the game generally runs between my consoles, both in the menus, and in game. Remember you can play the PS4 version on PS5 if you'd like!

 

In terms of jumping back in, I'd say that the game is really interesting right now, with all the changes to perks and prestige. I'm not gonna lie, playing survivor right now, especially if you're playing solo, is harder than it was because of the updates. I haven't actually tried killer side since the update, because the queue times for killer have been long when I play. There are also some rubberbanding issues in the game to be aware of, which they had marked as fixed in this update. It's definitely better than it was, but it does happen occasionally. The devs have acknowledged it and are looking into it for a hotfix soon.

 

If you've been away for a while, there will be lots of new killers to go up against/play as, which is great, and I think the DLC is on sale now, so you could pick up one or two packs if you wanted for cheap right now. 

 

If you've got any questions about the game, feel free to message :) or you could watch someone like Otzdarva on youtube

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, CinciGeist said:

Played the game a good amount of PS4 Pro and am at about 25% completion on base game trophy list.  Are the PS5 upgrades good enough for me to start fresh and leave the PS4 version incomplete?  The updates this week have me interested in jumping back in.  Also, I hate being a completionist sometimes. :)

 

 

"worth" and "dead by daylight" don't go together... ;)

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Summers_day122 said:

The main upgrade in comparison to PS4 is the fps, although I'm not sure how much of a difference you'd notice in comparison to PS4 Pro (I just have a base PS4 and PS5). I definitely notice a difference in how the game generally runs between my consoles, both in the menus, and in game. Remember you can play the PS4 version on PS5 if you'd like!

 

In terms of jumping back in, I'd say that the game is really interesting right now, with all the changes to perks and prestige. I'm not gonna lie, playing survivor right now, especially if you're playing solo, is harder than it was because of the updates. I haven't actually tried killer side since the update, because the queue times for killer have been long when I play. There are also some rubberbanding issues in the game to be aware of, which they had marked as fixed in this update. It's definitely better than it was, but it does happen occasionally. The devs have acknowledged it and are looking into it for a hotfix soon.

 

If you've been away for a while, there will be lots of new killers to go up against/play as, which is great, and I think the DLC is on sale now, so you could pick up one or two packs if you wanted for cheap right now. 

 

If you've got any questions about the game, feel free to message :) or you could watch someone like Otzdarva on youtube

Thanks for your thoughts!  Because it was all PvP, I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the game when I played a couple years ago.  It just seemed like it would have been a better experience of grinding the trophies playing with other players you knew.  The Evil Dead game looks the same way.  I will give DBD another shot this weekend and keep working on my PS4 list.  I forgot that it will generally run better on PS5 even without the graphical upgrades.  Cheers!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/22/2022 at 4:52 PM, mcnichoj said:

You can opt to play the PS5 version now and then go back to the PS4 version in the future. It's super easy to boost the game on console too, so you wouldn't have to legitimately do both lists in "real" matches.

Are there any current boosting groups that you are aware of?  I don't mind playing solo or grinding kills/escapes, etc but there are a few trophies that require some coordination or pure luck. Overall I am enjoying the game after starting back up last weekend and am in no hurry to get 100%, but I see some major roadblocks along the way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, CinciGeist said:

Are there any current boosting groups that you are aware of?  I don't mind playing solo or grinding kills/escapes, etc but there are a few trophies that require some coordination or pure luck. Overall I am enjoying the game after starting back up last weekend and am in no hurry to get 100%, but I see some major roadblocks along the way.

The far away Huntress hatchet one is probably the rarest across all platforms, you'd definitely want to boost that.

As for boosting sessions, either create your own or watch for others here:

https://psnprofiles.com/sessions

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

If you already have tier III on the teachable perks and some really decent add ons you could go ahead a redo every trophy. You can try boosting with randoms while your playing killer to finish a few trophies, unfortunately doesn't work as survivor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2022-07-22 at 5:08 AM, Summers_day122 said:

The main upgrade in comparison to PS4 is the fps, although I'm not sure how much of a difference you'd notice in comparison to PS4 Pro (I just have a base PS4 and PS5). I definitely notice a difference in how the game generally runs between my consoles, both in the menus, and in game. Remember you can play the PS4 version on PS5 if you'd like!

 

In terms of jumping back in, I'd say that the game is really interesting right now, with all the changes to perks and prestige. I'm not gonna lie, playing survivor right now, especially if you're playing solo, is harder than it was because of the updates. I haven't actually tried killer side since the update, because the queue times for killer have been long when I play. There are also some rubberbanding issues in the game to be aware of, which they had marked as fixed in this update. It's definitely better than it was, but it does happen occasionally. The devs have acknowledged it and are looking into it for a hotfix soon.

 

If you've been away for a while, there will be lots of new killers to go up against/play as, which is great, and I think the DLC is on sale now, so you could pick up one or two packs if you wanted for cheap right now. 

 

If you've got any questions about the game, feel free to message :) or you could watch someone like Otzdarva on youtube

The difference between PS4 version on PS5 and PS5 version on PS5 is not relevant to FPS. The game is almost 1:1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 7/22/2022 at 0:51 PM, Summers_day122 said:

 

and yet we keep coming back to it 1f602.png

Because we have no choice if we want to keep our completion rate up. I used to love this game but after years of playing I'm very sick of it honestly. It's my problem sure, but I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. On top of that they seem to make the trophies more annoying with each new update. They encourage players to ruin the experience for everyone else if they are really invested in earning the trophies.  Bottom line is if they didn't keep adding them with every update I would have stopped playing a long time ago and wouldn't miss it one bit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/9/2022 at 4:49 AM, NewAgeOutlaw17 said:

Because we have no choice if we want to keep our completion rate up. I used to love this game but after years of playing I'm very sick of it honestly. It's my problem sure, but I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. On top of that they seem to make the trophies more annoying with each new update. They encourage players to ruin the experience for everyone else if they are really invested in earning the trophies.  Bottom line is if they didn't keep adding them with every update I would have stopped playing a long time ago and wouldn't miss it one bit.

 

My comment was more in reference to the dbd community, rather than trophy hunter focused. I think it's fair to say that many in the community find themselves in a love/hate relationship with the game ? Totally get it though, the DLC won't end until the game is dead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/12/2022 at 6:57 PM, Summers_day122 said:

 

My comment was more in reference to the dbd community, rather than trophy hunter focused. I think it's fair to say that many in the community find themselves in a love/hate relationship with the game 1f643.png Totally get it though, the DLC won't end until the game is dead.

 

I get ya, that's my bad for always seeing things from a trophy hunter's perspective lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...