Servers shutting down August 12, 2022 - Offline bots don't count for trophies

Weird. I just got round to finishing the online collectibles on this this week. It was a good time to do it actually as you can just wander around at your leisure because the game is dead. I know shutdowns are super unpopular but they cant keep things open forever. The main playlist in the multiplayer just had 1 game on it the entire time I was doing it, mine and I was solo. Peak hours in the UK too. The game is already dead

Edited by Cleggworth
  • Like 1

I am so pissed right now. I am close to getting the last 2 gold online trophies in the base game, but still need all of the DLC. 

2 minutes ago, Cleggworth said:

Weird. I just got round to finishing the online collectibles on this this week. It was a good time to do it actually as you can just wander around at your leisure because the game is dead. I know shutdowns are super unpopular but they cant keep things open forever. The main playlist in the multiplayer just had 1 game on it the entire time I was doing it, mine and I was solo. Peak hours in the UK too. The game is already dead

Now they will become more populated, as the servers are about to shutdown. Trophy hunters are going to make it more active again.

5 minutes ago, Arsentio said:

Yeah, if i remember correctly they must announce about shutdown in 90 days...

@cometowner@Game_Knot thanks guys! 

Where is this rule written? Ubisofts packaging states they'll give 60 days notice and I've never seen any rule or policy from Sony that online component shutdown announcements must be 90 days. 

3 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

How many ppl are required for Shadow Fall’s online boost? And approximately how many hours to complete online portion?

1. You can do it with bots apart from that 1 supply box skill. The co-op dlc though I'd recommend a team of 4, especially now there's a rush on. You can absolutely Solo the co-op, but it takes forever. I did 1 or 2 games and it took me almost an hour each time, you can't bank points fast enough to make it worth it. I did the majority of the wins with just one other person in around 15-20 minutes each time. The odd game with 4, in 10 or so. To get the entire MP out in this time make it easy on yourself and get a team of 4. Time wise I'm not sure, I took several bites of the cherry to get it done over many years 

8 minutes ago, WorldsBestSpy said:

I heard the news and immediately just installed it on my ps5. How do I get those online collectables, and what DLC do I need to get this done asap.

Collectibles spawn 1 per map and they are well hidden. Once you get a few you start to get a feel on where they can spawn which can make it quicker. It took me around 3-4 hours to get 25. This was me being able to take my time wandering on an empty map without competition though. A warzone is limited to 25 collectibles before it refreshes every few hours as well. If there's a massive uptick in trophy hunters playing this it could be a nightmare.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cleggworth said:

1. You can do it with bots apart from that 1 supply box skill. The co-op dlc though I'd recommend a team of 4, especially now there's a rush on. You can absolutely Solo the co-op, but it takes forever. I did 1 or 2 games and it took me almost an hour each time, you can't bank points fast enough to make it worth it. I did the majority of the wins with just one other person in around 15-20 minutes each time. The odd game with 4, in 10 or so. To get the entire MP out in this time make it easy on yourself and get a team of 4. Time wise I'm not sure, I took several bites of the cherry to get it done over many years 

Thanks for the info, might skip out on this even though it was in the backlog. Too many other games on the chopping block right now. ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Where is this rule written? Ubisofts packaging states they'll give 60 days notice and I've never seen any rule or policy from Sony that online component shutdown announcements must be 90 days. 

I can't find it now, but it definitely not couple weeks xD