Servers shutting down August 12, 2022 - Offline bots don't count for trophies

2 hours ago, bigdaddykraven said:

Decided to give it a go and started this afternoon. Gonna do all the support first, since it seems to be the biggest, most annoying one. About 200 spawns, 100 revives so far.

I’m assuming I won’t have enough time but gonna try anyway. When I boost supply crates, what counts as one? If I get someone or a 2nd ps to do it, can I drop the crate, have someone pickup stuff, shoot a couple bullets, then pickup again and keep doing that, or does it not count that way?

I can put in a few hours each day, a few extra these coming weekends. Do I have any hope?

For supply crate farm, drop ur crate, let ur friend or 2nd PS stand next to crate and let them press R2 just once then interract with the crate. 

Rinse and repeat 

• Like 4

everyone who mentioned the full crate restock is right. i got it done relatively quick last night by having my 2nd controller nearby to grab from the crate.

veteran-4 is where i got all my online crates tonight with the penthouse map (easiest of the bunch). planning to salvage all of the DLC trophy minus 50 co-op wins.

Edited by Lordguwa
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CyberLance said:

So in the two DLCs can you get most of the trophies with bots too?

What trophies must you have real players to get in the DLCs?

Necromancer is the only DLC trophy that needs 2 players but I'm not sure about the Standalone version of Intercept.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Necromancer is the only one that needs 2 players in the DLCs but I'm not sure about the Standalone version of Intercept.

So getting 50 revives and somebody grabbing 250 of your ammo boxes are the only multiplayer trophies that you cant do with bots?

Thank you i hope so because i think it will probably go easier and faster if do most or all of the multiplayer trophies by myself with bots instead of playing with other people.

Will probably be easier to concentrate on what i need to do and not get distracted if im by myself.

26 minutes ago, CyberLance said:

So getting 50 revives and somebody grabbing 250 of your ammo boxes are the only multiplayer trophies that you cant do with bots?

Thank you i hope so because i think it will probably go easier and faster if do most or all of the multiplayer trophies by myself with bots instead of playing with other people.

Will probably be easier to concentrate on what i need to do and not get distracted if im by myself.

Man, you still did not read anything, yes?

Still asking the same question as you already did on the side before: 

Do you not understand what is written there, or are there other issues?

Edited by Geridian
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Necromancer is the only DLC trophy that needs 2 players but I'm not sure about the Standalone version of Intercept.

Same with stand alone all bots except Necromancer, but will autopop both ways , no need to do it twice.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Geridian said:

Man, you still did not read anything, yes?

Still asking the same question as you already did on the side before: 

Sorry i only saw talk about the ammo boxes in the main game before so i was not sure if the dlcs had any trophies that requires help or not.

Sorry if i missed you talking about it.

28 minutes ago, CyberLance said:

That's the beauty of this game, it is super fast when u go SOLO.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, CyberLance said:

Sorry i only saw talk about the ammo boxes in the main game before so i was not sure if the dlcs had any trophies that requires help or not.

Sorry if i missed you talking about it.

You did not even consider looking at the trophy guides, because if you at least had read the one for Intercept DLC or stand-alone, you wood know that Intercept can only be played against bots, not with them. 

Also if you would have looked at the trophy guides and read them, you would know which trophies are MP and which are not.

And since trophy progress in whole Killzone MP can only be achieved while servers are online --> Servers offline = No MP trophies for basegame MP, Intercept and Insurgent pack (This is why doing something solo or not does not really matter).

So: either you get all shit done until server closing, or that was it.

Edited by Geridian

You did not even consider looking at the trophy guides, because if you at least had read the one for Intercept DLC or stand-alone, you wood know that Intercept can only be played against bots, not with them. 

Also if you would have looked at the trophy guides and read them, you would know which trophies are MP and which are not.

And since trophy progress in whole Killzone MP can only be achieved while servers are online --> Servers offline = No MP trophies for basegame MP, Intercept and Insurgent pack.

So: either you get all shit done until server closing, or that was it.

I am aware of the servers closing soon yes.

And from what i saw it seems to be possible to play the Intercept co-op mode by yourself.

Just now, CyberLance said:

I am aware of the servers closing soon yes.

And from what i saw it seems to be possible to play the Intercept co-op mode by yourself.

While asking the same questions multiple times and not reading things, I really thought you were not aware ?. 

Yes, you can solo Intercept content, but it is safer with at least two players and a good strat.

While asking the same questions multiple times and not reading things, I really thought you were not aware 1f609.png

Yes, you can solo Intercept content, but it is safer with at least two players and a good strat.

I think i prefer doing it by myself.

Just annoying that you need more points to win if your alone so it will take longer.

Just now, CyberLance said:

Just annoying that you need more points to win if your alone so it will take longer.

Lol it’s almost as if the mode was designed to be played cooperatively.

Also, the online collectibles need to be done in official servers, which can be done with bots, but you can’t rule out other people may join it. So it can be done with other people (which it should be to make it easier), but that’s more of a luck and timing thing.

Maybe I'm feeling a little sentimental, but doesn't this completely bum anybody else out?

The games with online portions are going the way of TV shows now: not enough viewers, get canceled. Even if somebody is a great fan of the game (got it day one for full price, put money into cosmetics, time into leveling, and loved every minute of it), it could be stripped from them. And now, stripped of them with little warning. I'm not just talking about this game, but any game that offers an online service or multiplayer or anything that requires a server at all. Someday, it'll be dead and that portion of the game (however prominent in the title between, like, Arkham Origins to Battlefront) will be lost forever. 

We should revert a little bit. Every game should offer splitscreen couch co-op multiplayer when the servers go offline. I think it's only fair, right? Let us keep what we paid for, to some degree.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, APeskyAxolotl said:

Maybe I'm feeling a little sentimental, but doesn't this completely bum anybody else out?

The games with online portions are going the way of TV shows now: not enough viewers, get canceled. Even if somebody is a great fan of the game (got it day one for full price, put money into cosmetics, time into leveling, and loved every minute of it), it could be stripped from them. And now, stripped of them with little warning. I'm not just talking about this game, but any game that offers an online service or multiplayer or anything that requires a server at all. Someday, it'll be dead and that portion of the game (however prominent in the title between, like, Arkham Origins to Battlefront) will be lost forever. 

We should revert a little bit. Every game should offer splitscreen couch co-op multiplayer when the servers go offline. I think it's only fair, right? Let us keep what we paid for, to some degree.

I wish companies would get behind community servers after they’ve decided to sunset theirs. Like with Warhawk and Killzone 2. I mean, it’s great that we can still play those, but would be super cool if they brought them back “officially” in the game and just gave us a note that these are not Sony’s servers and they aren’t liable etc.

That way we wouldn’t have to do any port forwarding etc and it would probably allow the communities to be bigger. They’d obviously have to put in rules for what is or isn’t allowed on these servers but would be awesome. It will never happen because of legal reasons, but still.

15 minutes ago, CyberLance said:

The Intercept 2 player match can be won when you bank 1000 points total. 

All others afford more points to be won.

Having a second player does not change the requirement.

Last words:

50 wins × 15 minutes per round in a two player Intercept game = 12,5 hours of Intercept fun for the 50 wins.. Other Intercept trophies not taken into account. 

Best time me and my buddy where able to clear a two player round was 09:30 something.

--> Also this is the standard time needed for pure solo wins, according to some videos.

But sure: Do as you like, good luck.

19 minutes ago, bigdaddykraven said:

I wish companies would get behind community servers after they’ve decided to sunset theirs. Like with Warhawk and Killzone 2. I mean, it’s great that we can still play those, but would be super cool if they brought them back “officially” in the game and just gave us a note that these are not Sony’s servers and they aren’t liable etc.

That way we wouldn’t have to do any port forwarding etc and it would probably allow the communities to be bigger. They’d obviously have to put in rules for what is or isn’t allowed on these servers but would be awesome. It will never happen because of legal reasons, but still.

A decade ago, people would complain about games not having hosted servers because they felt peer-to-peer gave some people an unfair advantage. A decade before that peer-to-peer was nearly exclusive, because with the exception of MMOs games were considered to be a product, not a service. Today, when providing those hosted servers costs more than the income stream, they get closed. Maybe in the future they'll be some sort of Patreon-like system where gamers can directly fund their favorite online games once they hit end-of-life. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Gethron said:

A decade ago, people would complain about games not having hosted servers because they felt peer-to-peer gave some people an unfair advantage. A decade before that peer-to-peer was nearly exclusive, because with the exception of MMOs games were considered to be a product, not a service. Today, when providing those hosted servers costs more than the income stream, they get closed. Maybe in the future they'll be some sort of Patreon-like system where gamers can directly fund their favorite online games once they hit end-of-life. 

I honestly think when games decide they are going to shut down servers, they should patch in Peer to Peer. Obviously that doesn’t work for all situations but anything with a co-op or small game (10 or less maybe) could work. Even if you pull out matchmaking and make it an invite only situation, the game could pick whichever person has the best connection and make them host.

Its a dream though lol. I’d love to go back to play a game again, even for a bit, that I enjoyed with my friends 15 years ago. It would just be cool if that option was just there.

Obviously hosted servers makes the most sense and with cloud hosting, it shocks me that servers ever shut down since they allow for companies to only pay for what’s being used. I know there’s some technical hurdles around it but it’s just a gut punch, especially when these online only games shut down.

Edit: Also, I’d imagine that some enterprising individual could make a business out of just creating servers for these older games and partnering the devs to switch them over. They can assume the cost of running the servers and make a donations or subscription based access for the servers. Maybe even work with PSN/Live to take a cut for the traffic they pull in.

Again, won’t happen but I can dream.

Edited by bigdaddykraven
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, bigdaddykraven said:

I honestly think when games decide they are going to shut down servers, they should patch in Peer to Peer. Obviously that doesn’t work for all situations but anything with a co-op or small game (10 or less maybe) could work. Even if you pull out matchmaking and make it an invite only situation, the game could pick whichever person has the best connection and make them host.

Its a dream though lol. I’d love to go back to play a game again, even for a bit, that I enjoyed with my friends 15 years ago. It would just be cool if that option was just there.

Obviously hosted servers makes the most sense and with cloud hosting, it shocks me that servers ever shut down since they allow for companies to only pay for what’s being used. I know there’s some technical hurdles around it but it’s just a gut punch, especially when these online only games shut down.

Edit: Also, I’d imagine that some enterprising individual could make a business out of just creating servers for these older games and partnering the devs to switch them over. They can assume the cost of running the servers and make a donations or subscription based access for the servers. Maybe even work with PSN/Live to take a cut for the traffic they pull in.

Again, won’t happen but I can dream.

Coding and certifying patches takes time and money. Cloud hosted servers still cost money, and require techs for support. I'm not exactly disagreeing with you - I too wish there was a way to legally, officially re-open multiplayer for older games. I'm just pointing out that, however little, it still costs resources to keep them open, and every company has to keep an eye on the bottom line.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bigdaddykraven said:

I honestly think when games decide they are going to shut down servers, they should patch in Peer to Peer

I've heard that certain games that were thought to be P2P are actually unplayable as of today (i.e. Uncharted 2)

3 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

Any sugestions on how to quicky gather accolades? I'm missing 100 for the trophy, while having finished everything else already.

Don't worry about it, just focus on jack of all trades, it will pop before u pop jack of all trade trophy.

• Like 4