Servers shutting down August 12, 2022 - Offline bots don't count for trophies

36 minutes ago, Gethron said:

Coding and certifying patches takes time and money. Cloud hosted servers still cost money, and require techs for support. I'm not exactly disagreeing with you - I too wish there was a way to legally, officially re-open multiplayer for older games. I'm just pointing out that, however little, it still costs resources to keep them open, and every company has to keep an eye on the bottom line.

Oh yeah, I work in development and we’ve been moving to the cloud pretty heavily. One of the reasons is the scalability and economics behind it. I know it still costs but maybe as it becomes more main place, it’ll help keep the servers on longer.

6 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I know I'm late starting the online grind but how many hours do I need to put in per-day between now and August 12th to ensure I get all the online stuff done?

I got all unlockables (base game only) in about 25 hours. Spent about 30% of that time playing legit deathmatch, grinded the more annoying stuff with bots.

21 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

I just got Jack of All Trades. 100 accolades is all I'm missing on vanilla MP trophies.

Really. Hmm.... Then u can equip all primary and secondary weapons, frags, C4 etc and start killing bots... There are tons of challenges involving 1 kill, 5 kills, 10 kills etc and etc with each weapons and frags etc.

Edited by zulqarmessi
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I know I'm late starting the online grind but how many hours do I need to put in per-day between now and August 12th to ensure I get all the online stuff done?

You will need around 50 hours for everything base game mp + dlc so you do the math ?

I managed to get all of the multiplayer trophies for the base game, which is a relief. I now have a new problem.

my save on my PS4 has my campaign progress, but when I upload it to the cloud and download on my PS5, it can’t find the campaign data and wants me to start again. I can play it through on my PS4 if I absolutely have to, but I’d rather mop up the last few trophies on the PS5.

anyone else had a similar issue?

5 hours ago, zulqarmessi said:

Really. Hmm.... Then u can equip all primary and secondary weapons, frags, C4 etc and start killing bots... There are tons of challenges involving 1 kill, 5 kills, 10 kills etc and etc with each weapons and frags etc.

To add to this, you can see all accolades in My Career > Press L1 once to go to Accolades tab. It'll list every single accolade you can earn so you can easily get multiple accolades in a single match if you set the time limit long enough. You could essentially do the jack of all trades forest method and just mix up what abilities/weapons you use

3 hours ago, Midgar777 said:

I managed to get all of the multiplayer trophies for the base game, which is a relief. I now have a new problem.

my save on my PS4 has my campaign progress, but when I upload it to the cloud and download on my PS5, it can’t find the campaign data and wants me to start again. I can play it through on my PS4 if I absolutely have to, but I’d rather mop up the last few trophies on the PS5.

Could be the game version maybe. If you highlight the game on PS5 before you launch it and press the start/options button, there should be an option for "Game Version". Make sure PS4 is selected and not PS5.

Edited by TheRedMaverick
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Midgar777 said:

- Maybe the PS4 has a version with an older patch for this game as the PS5 has? 

- Both consoles have the same language setting (Could be that a savegame has a different name when the console is set to another language)?

- How many files like the savegame does this game create? Because when it creates something like a profile file, you must copy this one from PS4 to PS5, too.

11 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Do private warzones count towards to the Co-Op DLC trophies or do they have to be done in public games?

Private Warzones are okay for this.

21 minutes ago, TheRedMaverick said:

Could be the game version maybe. If you highlight the game on PS5 before you launch it and press the start/options button, there should be an option for "Game Version". Make sure PS4 is selected and not PS5.

This would help if the game in question is available as PS4 and PS5 version. But since this is not the case for Killzone Shadow Fall, this will not help.

Edited by Geridian
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Geridian said:

- Both consoles have the same language setting (Could be that a savegame has a different name when the console is set to another language)?

Private Warzones are okay for this.

This would help if the game in question is available as PS4 and PS5 version. But since this is not the case for Killzone Shadow Fall, this will not help.

Thank you for the info :).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bilal_Ibrahim said:

Im thinking about to start the game aswell. Is it possible to grind everything solo in time?

Depends on how much time you can commit to it, but it's definitely doable if you put let's say 4-5 hours at least every day until closure (or long sessions on the weekend to make up for lack of playing time during the week). I feel like the difficulty/time consumption of this game was super overestimated by a lot of people initially (but that could just be my Killzone 2 PTSD talking since this is NOTHING compared to that hell...)

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, TheRedMaverick said:

Depends on how much time you can commit to it, but it's definitely doable if you put let's say 4-5 hours at least every day until closure (or long sessions on the weekend to make up for lack of playing time during the week). I feel like the difficulty/time consumption of this game was super overestimated by a lot of people initially (but that could just be my Killzone 2 PTSD talking since this is NOTHING compared to that hell...)

Yea, I went to through the hell aswell with KZ2. Giving each day many alt bots headshots for almost 10h each day in a week.

Gonna start Shadow Fall and Mercenary tomorrow then

• Like 2

Just got all the base MP trophies.

A big thank you to everyone who shared their tips and strategies.

30 minutes ago, TheRedMaverick said:

I feel like the difficulty/time consumption of this game was super overestimated by a lot of people initially (but that could just be my Killzone 2 PTSD talking since this is NOTHING compared to that hell...)

No doubt, this is a walk on the park compared to Killzone 2.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Midgar777 said:

If by chance, 1 is digital and the other is physical, the save data isn't compatible (from what I've read)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

If by chance, 1 is digital and the other is physical, the save data isn't compatible (from what I've read)

I don't think so, I have a save file from 9 years ago where I completed the game on the hardest difficulty. recently download it for PS Plus Killzone digital and I could see that I can start the game with elite difficulty. 

5 hours ago, JunkSkelington said:

Its not the base game that's bad (although its still a pretty big grind of 20 hours or more depending on efficiency) its the hacking, collectibles that will only become harder to get as server close nears, and the epulse emitter that are really tedious. 

For hacking I have a nice strat, but it requires a boosting partner who also can get the trophy done. Or you did in a botzone (On one of the sides before this one, somebody wrote down a good start.

Will now provide some strats for Insurgent MP trophies, which can be optimized by anyone:

Kleptomania was funny to boost:
The Penthouse, no bots, 1 faction (you) as Insurgent and the other faction the person helping you playing the class which can build Spawn Beacons (Support? Do not remember exactly) -> You just need to leave your spawn point, but keep staying around the first edge outside of the spawnpoint..You should stay in a place, where anybody of the other faction would be instantly spotted by the turrets when going around the corner -> The other player comes to you near this position and places a Spawn Beacon there -> You steal an ability from him -> When this is done, the other player goes to the turrets and gets killed -> Other player respawns -> Chooses to respawn at the Spawn Beacon ->You steal ability -> Player goes to the turrets -> Repeat cycle... But when the time for the set Spawn Beacon is about to run out, the other player should wait to set a new Spawn beacon before getting killed again.

Hacktivist can also be funny to boost:
Also The Pentouse map, no bots -> You and the other player both select the class which can build Spawn Beacons and meet somewhere between both spawn point -> Each of you builds a Spawn Beacon, both can placed next to each other -> When beacons are build, both of you suicide -> Both change class to Insurgent -> Both of you meet at the Spawn Beacons -> One hacks the Spawn Beacons which is not from his faction -> Then you hack both Spawn Beacons -> Then the other player hacks both -> Repeat.

For New Toys! only the E-Pulse Emitter was tricky to boost, which I did with bots and a method mentioned here - Location = See comment from Kowal821
The other abilities for New Toys! I boosted with bots like the trophy guide says.

10 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

If this is true then it might be the answer.

I originally had a physical copy on PS4, but I'm pretty sure at some point it was either on PS+ or in the sale so I bought it digital. I continued with my save and then this is what I've tried to copy over and had no luck with.

I only need all collectibles, no deaths, no civilian kills, and a couple of level-specific trophies so I might fire up the PS4 save today and see how much progress I'd actually made regarding those trophies, and if it's not too bad I'll just finish it on my PS4. I did start a fresh campaign last night and got all the collectibles in the first couple of chapters so it probably won't be too horrific to play through again.

11 hours ago, Geridian said:

- How many files like the savegame does this game create? Because when it creates something like a profile file, you must copy this one from PS4 to PS5, too.

- I'm not sure about patches but both versions are fully updated, so unless there's a mismatch on what each console update is then it's maybe not this.

- Same language setting for both consoles.

- It makes 2 and I copy both of them over, but still no luck.

Thanks for the suggestions though, good thinking :)

10 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Most PS4 games are compatible between physical and digital, in continental Europe.

But since he's from UK, it's a different situation which is still happening since the PS3 days (i had to return a couple of UK PS3 games because they were English-only)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TheRedMaverick said:

Yeah the coop mode also takes some time too but it’s really easy to finish the 50 wins and get everything else in the process so at least a few days for that mode. Almost done as I speak.

• Like 2