Servers shutting down August 12, 2022 - Offline bots don't count for trophies

I just finished with the online trophies for the base game, it took me 3 days (4 online sessions) playing between 5-6hrs each session. Everything is easy but kinda time consuming. If you are in doubt about the time needed to get all the trophies let me tell you that you have plenty of time to get everything done, even accounting the DLC's. 

• Like 2

On 22.7.2022 at 3:14 PM, WorldsBestSpy said:

With this news, all Killzone titles will be offline.

The multiplayer part of these games is outdated and would rival the Socom Reboot. In addition, the server capacities and employees from Guerilla are also required for the Socom Reboot.

Edited by Sikutai

6 minutes ago, papanikolaou said:

If I start now the multiplayer trophies for base game and DLCs can I make it in time?

I started Wednesday. So far I have the win and play in all maps. The 500 accolades, the 200 and 400 challenges.

I’m almost at 1,000,000 points (just got 800,000). I’ve unlocked all weapons and I’m half-way through my last grind for support’s abilities (still gonna need to boost the ammo boxes though).

Im not going to focus on DLCs until I have base game but, now that I’ve started using grinding strategies I’m making decent progress and feel good about my chances.

So, yeah, if you have like 3-5 hours a day with maybe a couple days of some longer boosts, you probably can make it.

18 hours ago, Sikutai said:

The multiplayer part of these games is outdated and would rival the Socom Reboot. In addition, the server capacities and employees from Guerilla are also required for the Socom Reboot.

That is not an Excuse. People should stop paying for psplus crap for playing online. Sony got arrogant. Why do people pay if not to maintain servers, or at least give the players a option to create their own servers. My last console was ps3 because of this crap.

Edited by Zero_Ace
  • Like 2

On 7/29/2022 at 11:14 PM, papanikolaou said:

If I start now the multiplayer trophies for base game and DLCs can I make it in time?

It’s highly skill dependent if you have the time for the game. If you have a lot of free time, I’m sure you can make it in time.

day 7: have almost all of the insurgent trophy's done minus new toys. i have to watch youtube how to run a 2 player co-op game to at least get 6 out of 7 trophy's.

not planning on co-op captain trophy.

Edited by Lordguwa

I got a email back from Guerrilla they gonna get back to me they said regarding the shutdown dates. However i also did manage to contact Playstation Support and got this email:

email 1:

''Thank you for contacting PlayStation Support.

We have received the information and we are going to forward this matter to the responsible department. As soon as we have received an answer from them, we will inform you as soon as possible. Unfortunately, we have no idea how long this could take exactly, thank you for your patience.

If you have any further questions and/or comments, please let us know.

Sincerely,

The PlayStation Support Team''

email 2 decision:

Thank you for contacting PlayStation Customer Service.

We cannot extend the online services beyond the advertised closing date.

Our records show that you first played Killzone Shadow on 05/03/2015 and got the first time to access the online content.

I hope this helps, but if you have any other questions, please contact PlayStation Support. One of our employees will be happy to assist you.

thank you,

The PlayStation Support Team

So i did boot up Killzone Shadowfall back in 2015 to check if i had all the DLC and everything, but it looks like the people running those online service at Playstation gave this info to support. So i am afraid this won't be extended. So my advice is to do the online as fast as you can.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheRedMaverick said:

This just tells me this is probably some intern who hates their life answering this email. Game title isn't complete, the sentence itself is grammatically incorrect, the day you started the game has literally nothing to do with the server closure...is Sony's official stance "sorry you took too long."??? Seems unprofessional as fuck lol.

I would take it with a grain of salt but also don't hope for any miracles at this point I guess. This game is doable with 2 weeks left so hopefully not too many people are discouraged.

Indeed that's true. Still waiting for confirmation from Guerrilla itself.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

What's the fastest/easiest way, if any, to solo the Co-Op trophies? I'm chipping away at the core game stuff but even with the Forest boosting exploit, it's still painfully slow going :(.

Ideally, you want to play with at least 1 person. The AI in the co-op mode can be really difficult solo to finish matches on

31 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

What's the fastest/easiest way, if any, to solo the Co-Op trophies? I'm chipping away at the core game stuff but even with the Forest boosting exploit, it's still painfully slow going :(.

Get 4 players as more players more kills and more banked points. On a ok/decent team you can beat each mission about 6-12 mins each. I’ve played it on the containment map.

Edited by U_mad_bro7778

I never got around to trying any of the Killzone games. When I started trophy hunting on PS3, the first couple games were already shutdown so I never had to chance to try them, and although I’ve been on PS4 for a couple years now I just never got around to buying and checking this game out. It’s sad to see an iconic PlayStation franchise biting the dust like this. ☹️

Good luck to everyone trying to finish the online in time. I hope everyone gets their trophies!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zulqarmessi said:

I finished the entire intercept solo, i got one trophy left 500 headshots , i will wrap it up after insurgent new toys. Here is my suggestion for u

1. Focus on 50 wins first, create ur own warzone , two player mode, the outpost map. The outpost map is small , only one spawn room in the middle of forest. U can quickly storm to A, B and C uplink zone from ur spawn room.

2. Stick to assault class untill u get 50 wins, ur powerful shotgun and ur drone buddy is enough to wipe out the entire enemies easily. Plus u also have speed dash . In 10-15 minutes u can win each match.

3. While u  r working for 50 wins, use the petrusite capacitor to get machine gun and jet pack 250 kills also.

3. After u r done with 50 wins switch to any class of ur choice and work on 250 kills for marksman and tactician. For medic just work on bank points. Don't worry about victory in this run, only focus on bank points this time, just note down ur bank points...... because there aren't any trackers for back points. U need 2500 bank points in each category.

4. When u play marksman shoot down air support drone with ur LS70 powerful sniper rifle. Two bullet enough to put that drones out of the sky. U need 50 drones destruction for a trophy.

5. Finally u need a friend to work on revives. Hit me friend request if u need that one trophy. It will only take 20 minutes to get this trophy.

Best of luck 1f44d.png

I'm really debating if i want to do the standalone or not. I never used minigun or jetpack and i think a lot of my boss kills were grabbed by the purchased turrets which don't count. Ive grinded this game so much in the last week to finish everything in the official release i kind of just want to take my victory lap and go play something else. But then again its only 5-10 more hours for something thats gonna ge gone forever in 2 werks. 

13 minutes ago, JunkSkelington said:

I'm really debating if i want to do the standalone or not. I never used minigun or jetpack and i think a lot of my boss kills were grabbed by the purchased turrets which don't count. Ive grinded this game so much in the last week to finish everything in the official release i kind of just want to take my victory lap and go play something else. But then again its only 5-10 more hours for something thats gonna ge gone forever in 2 werks. 

Yep whenever boss spawn, i only used assault class powerful shotgun, never spawned my buddy drone, mingun jet pack NOTHING, because the final killshot must come from ur weapon.

And don't think it too much i started intercept on 26 and finished it on 29, and i only play in the morning 3-4 hrs, i work in afternoon and evening, sometimes I get time to play in night for few minutes sometimes i dont, i am not a night person at all.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I'm finally closing in on finishing the core game online trophies but still have a long way to go for the DLC trophies :(.

Same! About 180 cloak kills and about 140 drone buddy kills for all the base game trophies.

I already got the online collectibles and 25 kills with the retro guns out of the way too. So, once I finish the last two skills for base game (hopefully tonight) I can get to hacking and stealing etc.

If I get all that done by the weekend, I may buy the coop DLC and try it. If I join random groups, it sounds like the 50 wins could come easily and quickly. I can boost revives, so I MAY get all the trophies by end. I doubt I’ll bother with stand-alone unless I look at my stats and see I naturally got most of the boss kills, drone kills etc.

On 31/07/2022 at 4:12 PM, HuntingFever said:

Redic academy using engineer. There is you tube teaching how to do it solo using turrets 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bigdaddykraven said:

I doubt I’ll bother with stand-alone unless I look at my stats and see I naturally got most of the boss kills, drone kills etc.

There are no stats tracked for co-op because the challenges are this weird tiered system, and some of the trophies like boss kills/jet pack/mini gun/etc don't have any challenges associated with them at all so you must keep track of this yourself.  In general the extra trophies are probably not something you're going to complete naturally unless you explicitly go out of your way to complete them.  The jetpack / minigun / killing air support / killing the boss yourself are all things that won't occur if you are trying to complete wins in the fastest way possible (e.g. tactician solo on DMZ, you'll clear the level before bosses or air support even spawn, and minigun/jetpack are dumb upgrades when you can just get base turrets).