Servers shutting down August 12, 2022 - Offline bots don't count for trophies

I have Mercenary plat but I guess I'll pass on Shadow Fall, just too little time. Let's hope they remaster the whole trilogy and Shadow Fall so that people that missed their original releases can have a chance to play/plat them.

Edited by Deceptrox

5 minutes ago, Pupik-Kaci26 said:

Well ain't that the shit. Such short notice. All I can say now is best of luck getting 30 online collectibles DLC trophy. Since servers were quite empty before announcement now will be battle royale between trophy hunters who finds it first. Will take twice as long also. 

Yeah, I think this might be a skip from me for that reason only, the collectibles look too annoying and it doesn't seem worth the hassle. What a shame

i'm going to try and salvage shadowfall i cant salvage mercenary (lack of a 2nd vita).

going to have to put atelier and avengers on hold till further notice.

edit: looks like i may be able to salvage mercenary.  gotta see the price on the digital copy first.

ps tv may be useful after all.

Edited by Lordguwa

17 minutes ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

I managed to get all the online/MP stuff done in just over 1 week total ( 8 days). And this is including the fact that I work fulltime so I had limited hours to begin with.

As others have mentioned, you can start public games by yourself and you can also play against bots to finish nearly everything solo.

Important things to keep in mind:

-You need 1 partner for one challenge, which is for getting people to use your ammo drops, as the AI will not pick up anything from you.

-The co-op can be done solo, but I did it with just one partner and it went really well as the mode is quite easy.

-There are online collectibles that you can get solo, but you will need to be in a public game.

-You only need the 1 partner for the ammo challenge, everything else can be done solo if you wish!

Best way to approach everything:

1. I would recommend getting the online collectibles done first. With the amount of players going up near the shutdown, this means it will be harder for you to get them (they only spawn once per match, and only 1 person can shoot them per game). So focus on that first.

2. Get the one co-op challenge done for the ammo boxes.

3. Play the co-op mode with a friend or solo it, and get everything done.

These things above took me 5 days of playing to finish (mainly based on work schedule and when my partner was available). The ammo challenge takes under 10 minutes so the bulk of this timeframe was the co-op.

4. Grind the rest of the weapons/abilities against bots.

^You can work on this in between the co-op mode whenever your partner is unavailable. It took me 3 days to finish all these.

Hope this info helps! 

is there a way to get the collectables getting a session by yourself

I assume the answer is no, but are any of the extra maps needed? I'm downloading the games and it looks like I have 8 extra map packs from the season pass. I'd prefer not to download them since my internet DL speed is as slow as molasses, but would having them (or maybe just a couple of the smaller ones) make it easier to get in solo public games, or are collectibles tied to them? 

Edit: 5 are shadow fall maps, and 3 are shadow fall intercept maps.

I also notice all the online stuff, including the intercept solo spinoff are still for sale in the PSN store. Kinda weird since it's shelf life is so short now. 

Edit 2- Won't let me play without the free maps, so I'm just DLing them all. 

Edited by Floorkiller74

32 minutes ago, lucky0ne16 said:

is there a way to get the collectables getting a session by yourself

Yes, but you have to make your lobby public, so there's a chance that others may join your session.

I think what I did was get a lobby up, find the collectible, then quit the game and start up a new lobby. Because otherwise you'd have to wait for the timer to finish each game, and you'd be standing around doing nothing until the end.

I also cannot remember if there is any notification of a collectible still being available or not in a game (it's been over 2 years since I did the grind).

• Like 3

Just now, Jerry_Appleby said:

Yes, but you have to make your lobby public, so there's a chance that others may join your session.

I think what I did was get a lobby up, find the collectible, then quit the game and start up a new lobby. Because otherwise you'd have to wait for the timer to finish each game, and you'd be standing around doing nothing until the end.

I also cannot remember if there is any notification of a collectible still being available or not in a game (it's been over 2 years since I did the grind).

that is very helpful,how do we create a lobby, its my fault i waited to do the online, was so burned out from helping people to do the other, do u have a map for the location

1 minute ago, PIOTREK27-1982 said:

Shouldn't be online in the first place. Wake me up when actually good Killzone game will be released and worth getting the platinum. 

the killzone games loved their online trophyies for sure and dlc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

I managed to get all the online/MP stuff done in just over 1 week total ( 8 days). And this is including the fact that I work fulltime so I had limited hours to begin with.

As others have mentioned, you can start public games by yourself and you can also play against bots to finish nearly everything solo.

Important things to keep in mind:

-You need 1 partner for one challenge, which is for getting people to use your ammo drops, as the AI will not pick up anything from you.

-The co-op can be done solo, but I did it with just one partner and it went really well as the mode is quite easy.

-There are online collectibles that you can get solo, but you will need to be in a public game.

-You only need the 1 partner for the ammo challenge, everything else can be done solo if you wish!

Best way to approach everything:

1. I would recommend getting the online collectibles done first. With the amount of players going up near the shutdown, this means it will be harder for you to get them (they only spawn once per match, and only 1 person can shoot them per game). So focus on that first.

2. Get the one co-op challenge done for the ammo boxes.

3. Play the co-op mode with a friend or solo it, and get everything done.

These things above took me 5 days of playing to finish (mainly based on work schedule and when my partner was available). The ammo challenge takes under 10 minutes so the bulk of this timeframe was the co-op.

4. Grind the rest of the weapons/abilities against bots.

^You can work on this in between the co-op mode whenever your partner is unavailable. It took me 3 days to finish all these.

Hope this info helps! 

Thanks Jerry , Very Helpful and motivational ?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Cleggworth said:

1. You can do it with bots apart from that 1 supply box skill. The co-op dlc though I'd recommend a team of 4, especially now there's a rush on. You can absolutely Solo the co-op, but it takes forever. I did 1 or 2 games and it took me almost an hour each time, you can't bank points fast enough to make it worth it. I did the majority of the wins with just one other person in around 15-20 minutes each time. The odd game with 4, in 10 or so. To get the entire MP out in this time make it easy on yourself and get a team of 4. Time wise I'm not sure, I took several bites of the cherry to get it done over.

If anyone talks about the Intercept standalone, any trophy you did in the DLC autopop upon booting up the standalone the first time. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mr_Tenno777 said:

If anyone talks about the Intercept standalone, any trophy you did in the DLC autopop upon booting up the standalone the first time. 

i would love to know this as well

• Like 1

Well, I wasn't planning on spending my weekend playing Killzone, but here we are. Good thing I just need to do the Intercept DLC and some grinding to finish Jack Of All Trades. To anyone who hasn't started already, I'm going to echo others in this thread and say that those 25 online collectables are going to be a PITA. It was bad enough hunting them down playing in abandoned lobbies, I can only imagine the pain of trying to get them while competing in a full one.