Servers shutting down August 12, 2022 - Offline bots don't count for trophies

I did all the dlc awhile back and with less than a months notice for those that havent done the dlc yet… ouch. You need a few competent co-op partners for some of the trophies, the 50 co-op wins and those alone will take some time.

Unless you want to stress and frustrate yourself getting the dlcs done its really not worth it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Geridian said:

Today I wanted to find that out myself, so I deactivated the Connect to the Internet setting of my PS5 -> Started Killzone Shadow Fall -> Went to the Co-op tab and was not presented an option to play with bots.
As an example, the Multiplayer tab offers the Offline Botzone mode and Retry (=try to reconnect with the servers). The Co-Op tab only offers Retry.
--> So I would say: The whole Co-op mode is unavailable when the servers are closed, which means that the Co-Op stand-alone and Co-Op DLC for the basegame will not be playable anymore!

Wow, thanks for letting us know. Yikes - if you're starting from scratch, it may not be possible to complete.

I was asking about being able to start an Elite difficulty playthrough once the servers have shut down which is tied to Like A Boss trophy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

Wow, thanks for letting us know. Yikes - if you're starting from scratch, it may not be possible to complete.

I was asking about being able to start an Elite difficulty playthrough once the servers have shut down which is tied to Like A Boss trophy.

I misread your post and edited it .. sorry. :(

Sorry .. "DLC trophy Like A Boss from Insurgent DLC" .. This will be obtainable, since being full offline mode.

9 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

I did all the dlc awhile back and with less than a months notice for those that havent done the dlc yet… ouch. You need a few competent co-op partners for some of the trophies, the 50 co-op wins and those alone will take some time.

Unless you want to stress and frustrate yourself getting the dlcs done its really not worth it.

You can play the Intercept mode with the lowest score requirement (Two Player game - 1000 points) solo or with two players or 2 consoles (One console a Medic and one console a Tactician/Marksman) and just cling to base camping (Which is best done on the map The Market).
But even with two players, the fastest times me and my girlfriend need for finishing a round in this playstyle is 15 minutes.
Which means: 50 wins x 15 mins = 750 mins = 12,5 hours time investment.

Quick games with more then 2 players should be completed faster, even with a score requirement of 1500 points.

Edited by Geridian
Changed text
  • Like 1

I don't care about chasing server shutdowns anymore so no more Killzone for me... But back when Killzone 2 was announced to shutdown the people who were competing for Valor Grand Cross were playing the game for 15+ hours a day for the entire week in order to get a score that would put them into the top 1%. I guess Guerrilla saw this data and wanted to make people rush to get Killzone Shadowfall done in less than 3 weeks which would require long sessions for most people playing it. I bet there will be a lot of toxicity with those online collectibles because only one of them spawns per match too. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Sergen said:

I don't care about chasing server shutdowns anymore so no more Killzone for me... But back when Killzone 2 was announced to shutdown the people who were competing for Valor Grand Cross were playing the game for 15+ hours a day for the entire week in order to get a score that would put them into the top 1%. I guess Guerrilla saw this data and wanted to make people rush to get Killzone Shadowfall done in less than 3 weeks which would require long sessions for most people playing it. I bet there will be a lot of toxicity with those online collectibles because only one of them spawns per match too. 

There is a sort-of workaround for the online collectibles trophy that was posted higher up in this thread, which involves playing on a specific map in Pistols only mode to get it into your personal playlist, then you can look for the collectibles in relative peace due to this map being hard to find in the active matches list :).

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Geridian said:

You can play the Intercept mode with the lowest score requirement (Two Player game - 1000 points) solo or with two players or 2 consoles (One console a Medic and one console a Tactician/Marksman) and just cling to base camping (Which is best done on the map The Market).
But even with two players, the fastest times me and my girlfriend need for finishing a round in this playstyle is 15 minutes.
Which means: 50 wins x 15 mins = 750 mins = 12,5 hours time investment.

Quick games with more then 2 players should be completed faster, even with a score requirement of 1500 points.

The Market is where I did the lions share of my games as well. The base has the best sight lines to enemy spawn points than other maps imo so it's rare you need to leave. Even if you do the zones seem to be a lot closer to safety as well. Your time estimations are spot on as well

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Geridian said:

False

On my store season pass cost like~ one of two dlc ? 

About autopop i read than when you log in after standalone dlc, and even if you didn't bought it fir game they pop when you log in

If this is false i apologize for misleading information ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

the more I read the less feasible it seems to get these trophies in time 

Checked your Killzone Shadow Fall trophy progress just for fun.

Just decide with these circumstances in mind:

1. Base game platinum already achieved, so no need for that part of the MP grind.
  2. You must at least buy both DLCs (Killzone Shadow Fall Intercept Online Co-Op Expansion Killzone Shadow Fall Insurgent Pack)
  3. Then you need 12,5 to 15 hours for the Intercept Online Co-Op Expansion DLC trophy set
    1. 12,5 hours only if you are able to achieve all other trophies for this DLC trophy set, while going for the 50 wins needed for Co-op Captain.
    2. Trophy guide estimates 15 hours for 100%ing the Intercept Pack.
  4. Then you must boost 95% of the Insurgent Pack trophy set (they are MP only), because Like a Boss - Finish the campaign in Elite mode is the only offline trophy (Which in itself is skill depended, regarding the time needed to 100% the DLC).
    1. The other DLC trophies regarding the Insurgent class need to be boosted.
    2. Trophy guide estimates 25 hours for 100%ing the Insurgent Pack trophy set, where the Like a Boss - Finish the campaign in Elite mode trophy is included.

--> Would say, you are in for around 25 to 30 hours of MP activities, if you want to complete the MP parts of both DLCs.

29 minutes ago, Arsentio said:

On my store season pass cost like~ one of two dlc ? 

Not in the US store. 
But in the German store it is like you are describing:

• Insurgent pack: 9,99€
  • Intercept Online Co-Op Expansion: 9,99€
  • Season Pass: 12,99€

Funny thing :D Really depends on the region of your account and your basegame version (DLC from EU store does not work with US basegame).

About autopop i read than when you log in after standalone dlc, and even if you didn't bought it fir game they pop when you log in

When you can find a link where this information is confirmed, I am happy to change my comments :)

Edited by Geridian
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Geridian said:

Checked your Killzone Shadow Fall trophy progress just for fun.

Just decide with these circumstances in mind:

1. Base game platinum already achieved, so no need for that part of the MP grind.
  2. You must at least buy both DLCs (Killzone Shadow Fall Intercept Online Co-Op Expansion Killzone Shadow Fall Insurgent Pack)
  3. Then you need 12,5 to 15 hours for the Intercept Online Co-Op Expansion DLC trophy set
    1. 12,5 hours only if you are able to achieve all other trophies for this DLC trophy set, while going for the 50 wins needed for Co-op Captain.
    2. Trophy guide estimates 15 hours for 100%ing the Insurgent Pack 
  4. Then you must boost 95% of the Insurgent Pack trophy set (they are MP only), because Like a Boss - Finish the campaign in Elite mode is the only offline trophy (Which in itself is skill depended, regarding the time needed to 100% the DLC).
    1. The other DLC trophies regarding the Insurgent class need to be boosted.
    2. Trophy guide estimates 25 hours for 100%ing the Insurgent Pack trophy set, where the Like a Boss - Finish the campaign in Elite mode trophy is included.

--> Would say, you are in for around 25 to 30 hours of MP activities, if you want to complete the MP parts of both DLCs.

hmmmm... thank u for this breakdown

I already have the season pass so I have access to all the trophy related dlc content

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

hmmmm... thank u for this breakdown

I already have the season pass so I have access to all the trophy related dlc content

No problem :)

In this case with money for the season pass already spent at some time in the past, go for it. 
Otherwise, you just wasted money .. but since we all do this a lot with buying games and not playing them (in time), it really is up to you if you like to invest the needed playtime or not.
Either way, have a nice playtime! 

Find it insane they would shut them down this quickly. Honestly, after yesterday of me tryna hunt down one online collectible and realizing that Ive never really played Killzone besides the times they were all shutting down is when I realized I could just skip it. I aint gonna play unless theres an extension. ModNation Racers, a PS3 game with a lower playberbase got extended years ago so it should be a courtesy by them to do their playerbase right at the very least. You'd think with it being playable on PS5 it gives it a new lease on life but I underestimate the greed of companies.

• Like 4

There are 2 trophies you absolutely have to have at least 2 people for, 1 in the base game and 1 in the coop DLC. 

The base game you'll need to use each other's supply boxes to max out that ability.

The coop DLC you need to perform 50 revives with the medic which is impossible to do solo since you'll have no one to revive.

Running Assault solo in Checkpoint, I think that was the map name, was how I got the majority of the 50 wins I needed. Fastest I did it was 8 minutes but it typically took 10-15 minutes. 

Collectibles can appear almost anywhere, up high, down low, even off map. They are black and yellow with a glow. When someone shoots it, there will be an announcement: "Someone just found an online collectible." If you join a game late, I think either on the HUD or pause menu you can see if the collectible has been found. If it is found it will be grayed out otherwise it will be in color. 

• Like 2

Not to mention how soon after the launch of playstation plus extra/premium is just bad timing on guerrillas part. Mercenary i can understand because its on a platform sony considers dead but shutting down a reasonably well known first party game thats included in the service this soon after the launch of such a huge revamp is not a good idea in all honesty knowing xbox doesn't shut down servers for first party games on gamepass(outside the 360 halo titles have microsoft shutdown any 360 era title) will make people not trust sony in the long run.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, WorldsBestSpy said:

so it should be a courtesy by them to do their playerbase right at the very least

You mean the player base that only shows up to play their games boost the online trophies when they announce a shutdown? After not giving the online portion of their games a second thought for years and years?

It’s a short shutdown notice, but come on. At least have the courtesy of being accurate and acknowledging most of the people you’re referring to as the “playerbase” aren’t worried about the online experience going away like a playerbase would but rather some arbitrary list they keep that might end up incomplete. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Knispel_1940 said:

Hi guys,

I still didnt start the game. Is possible to 100% it before august 12 when I play like 10 hours a day averange? I also have 2 consoles and at least 2 other people ready to boost. 

Yes, it is. Estimates are around 50 to 60 hours for basegame and DLC MP trophies. 

You do not even need to play 10 hours a day :D

Edited by Geridian
Wording
  • Like 1

Any series of games will have good and bad titles. August 12th sounds like it will be the final day and death of killzone

I will sadly be laying this to rest alongside the beautiful memories of the splinter cell series 

Not a great fan of shadow fall myself but still a fun game with KZ3 being my personal favorite.

8 hours ago, Lightning-63- said:

Does anybody know why even if i find the collectibel i can t collect it.Nothing works shooting melee?

You need to own the dlc in order to collect the boxes. I tried to do it yesterday but they were indestructible so I found a comment on Truetrophies saying you need to have the dlc in order to do the boxes challenge.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WorldsBestSpy said:

Find it insane they would shut them down this quickly. Honestly, after yesterday of me tryna hunt down one online collectible and realizing that Ive never really played Killzone besides the times they were all shutting down is when I realized I could just skip it. I aint gonna play unless theres an extension. ModNation Racers, a PS3 game with a lower playberbase got extended years ago so it should be a courtesy by them to do their playerbase right at the very least. You'd think with it being playable on PS5 it gives it a new lease on life but I underestimate the greed of companies.

This is how I’m feeling too, thinking I’ll just do Mercenary on the vita unless Guerilla gives us any sort of extension.

• Like 2

Okay, I bit the bullet and started collectible hunting, got 4 in about 2 hours of work. The game keeps putting me in lobbies that already have the collectible found, so I'm curious if there's a way to pick which lobby you join or if there's a way to start a new one? Anyone know?

1 minute ago, Empovyle said:

Okay, I bit the bullet and started collectible hunting, got 4 in about 2 hours of work. The game keeps putting me in lobbies that already have the collectible found, so I'm curious if there's a way to pick which lobby you join or if there's a way to start a new one? Anyone know?

Afraid not, it will put you in a busy lobby unless everyone has left then you might get lucky and end up in an empty one with a collectible available.

• Like 1