Servers shutting down August 12, 2022 - Offline bots don't count for trophies

1 hour ago, Empovyle said:

Okay, I bit the bullet and started collectible hunting, got 4 in about 2 hours of work. The game keeps putting me in lobbies that already have the collectible found, so I'm curious if there's a way to pick which lobby you join or if there's a way to start a new one? Anyone know?

Nah, you just gotta try and find dead warzones. Check the active warzones tab and look for Pistols Only or The Veteran 4. You will probably have better luck in those. Pistols Only is always on The Penthouse map which is ideal due to its small size and most of the box locations are not very hidden, but more people may be playing it searching.

I personally managed to grab 10 in an hour using Veteran 4. It just kept putting me in a new Penthouse game by myself, but The Penthouse is not guaranteed in this warzone.

42 minutes ago, MrHealthy said:

Nah, you just gotta try and find dead warzones. Check the active warzones tab and look for Pistols Only or The Veteran 4. You will probably have better luck in those. Pistols Only is always on The Penthouse map which is ideal due to its small size and most of the box locations are not very hidden, but more people may be playing it searching.

I personally managed to grab 10 in an hour using Veteran 4. It just kept putting me in a new Penthouse game by myself, but The Penthouse is not guaranteed in this warzone.

I never get Pistols only in the official tab I only get team deathmatch, classic warzone, extended warzone, and beginner lobby but I never see it. If someone can host Pistols only soon that would be greatly appreciated.

5 hours ago, Geridian said:

Checked your Killzone Shadow Fall trophy progress just for fun.

Just decide with these circumstances in mind:

1. Base game platinum already achieved, so no need for that part of the MP grind.
  2. You must at least buy both DLCs (Killzone Shadow Fall Intercept Online Co-Op Expansion Killzone Shadow Fall Insurgent Pack)
  3. Then you need 12,5 to 15 hours for the Intercept Online Co-Op Expansion DLC trophy set
    1. 12,5 hours only if you are able to achieve all other trophies for this DLC trophy set, while going for the 50 wins needed for Co-op Captain.
    2. Trophy guide estimates 15 hours for 100%ing the Intercept Pack.
  4. Then you must boost 95% of the Insurgent Pack trophy set (they are MP only), because Like a Boss - Finish the campaign in Elite mode is the only offline trophy (Which in itself is skill depended, regarding the time needed to 100% the DLC).
    1. The other DLC trophies regarding the Insurgent class need to be boosted.
    2. Trophy guide estimates 25 hours for 100%ing the Insurgent Pack trophy set, where the Like a Boss - Finish the campaign in Elite mode trophy is included.

--> Would say, you are in for around 25 to 30 hours of MP activities, if you want to complete the MP parts of both DLCs.

Not in the US store. 
But in the German store it is like you are describing:

• Insurgent pack: 9,99€
  • Intercept Online Co-Op Expansion: 9,99€
  • Season Pass: 12,99€

Funny thing :D Really depends on the region of your account and your basegame version (DLC from EU store does not work with US basegame).

When you can find a link where this information is confirmed, I am happy to change my comments :)

so the like a boss trophy for elite can be done off internet and should be fine after server shutdown

• Like 1

How long does the base game take? I already grinded out all the weapons, i've done 3 of the 11 skills for the jack of all trades. Namely the tactical echo, the supply boxes and the cloak ability. For all the others i'm below 100 kills. How long do you guys think it will take me to grind out the rest? I know the air drone will take around 3-4 hours, how long do the others take with solid grinding? (Like beacon safeguard without weapons)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrHealthy said:

Thanks, I managed to find one called "Purgers only" which was completely empty. I got the last 12 crates I needed on that warzone and got the trophy in about 4 1/2 total hours. Not too bad and definitely not as bad as I was expecting it to be. The Hangar (the map for this warzone) is decent for finding crates too, everything is grey so the glowing yellow crate sticks out like a sore thumb. Definitely recommend finding this warzone in the list for anyone working towards their 25 collectibles.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ROFL-WAFFLES said:

I thought the basegame mp was largely doable in botzone?

The term Botzone is used in Killzone Shadow Fall when a game is played with bots.

In fact there are two different types of Botzones

1) Online Warzone, where bots can be enabled --> This way you will get challenge progress, so you will be able to make progress for trophies.

2) Offline Botzone --> No challenge progress, which means no trophies.

And yes, you can do most basegame mp trophies in an online botzone, but boosting with other players should be faster.

But the comment you quoted from me was not about Botzones only ;)

And although you are boosting with bots, you will still need a large amount of playtime. Bots do not just stand there for you to kill them or stand still when you use abilities on them ?. 

And boosting one of the two Insurgent's skills only with bots.. Well, good luck with that.

Glad that I only need some won co-op matches before the server shutdown. Will skip the stand-alone.

Also me and others already answered the questions from your last comment. If you need more information, check trophy guides all over the internet. Did this myself a long time ago, too.

Edited by Geridian
  • Like 2

The "All Flavor" trophy on Insurgent dlc can be a problem too on botzone, if I remember well.

You need to kill enemies with every main weapon with the Insurgent, but bots aren't using all the possible weapons, so you can't take them on your enemies' body. I think there were 3 or 4 weapons they never used when I was trying for this, so I had to play with my friends to get it.

12 minutes ago, ROFL-WAFFLES said:

1. How long from scratch to get all base game mp, boosting mostly in botzone

Someone else will have to answer this one, as it took me a month at launch, but that was before bots.  It's considerably less now.

14 minutes ago, ROFL-WAFFLES said:

2. is it 12.5 ish hours for the coop mode from scratch

It's hard to say, because it depends how long it takes you to finish a match.  12.5 hrs is 15 minute matches x 50 wins.  But that doesn't account for any matches you lose, but likewise, doesn't account for being able to do them faster.

Once I upgraded my weapons I was able to solo a match in 8 minutes.

I used the map DMZ, I found it to be best. 

31 minutes ago, ROFL-WAFFLES said:

3. How long for the other DLC pack mp from scratch, without elite mode

It took me 12 hours.  However, you should pair it up with the main game.  One of the insurgent abilities is steal, so you can, for example, steal the turret ability, and then you can work on turret kills.

What I did was:

• Start an online match with all bots.
  • Limit each team to one weapon (each of which you need to work on), that way they're be lots of ammo lying around.
  • Limit each team to one class (+ insurgent, the bots never play insurgent), and limit abilities to the ones you need to work on.
  • Play capture point on The Penthouse.
  • Wait for the enemy to capture a point, the bots then hang around it which makes them easy pickings (they also seem to often ignore turrets and drones).
8 minutes ago, Djak276 said:

The "All Flavor" trophy on Insurgent dlc can be a problem too on botzone, if I remember well.

You need to kill enemies with every main weapon with the Insurgent, but bots aren't using all the possible weapons, so you can't take them on your enemies' body. I think there were 3 or 4 weapons they never used when I was trying for this, so I had to play with my friends to get it.

Actually, what you can do, is start a match with the weapon you need, immediately commit suicide, switch to insurgent and the weapon will still be on the ground, so you can pick it up.

• Like 1

So far out of reading everything in this thread, the DLC sounds a lot worse than the base game online. 

As I said already, I still won’t be buying Killzone Shadowfall. This is far too short of notice for me to be rushing the online trophies and I reckon a good chunk of you responding in this thread aren’t going to get them all done anyway. 

You can’t win them all. But if some of you guys can finish the online and eventually finish the game, it’s a game worthy of some respect when you add it to your trophy cabinet.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Geridian said:

No problem :)

In this case with money for the season pass already spent at some time in the past, go for it. 
Otherwise, you just wasted money .. but since we all do this a lot with buying games and not playing them (in time), it really is up to you if you like to invest the needed playtime or not.
Either way, have a nice playtime! 

I started this afternoon

got the collectibles trophy out of the way already :)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

I started this afternoon

got the collectibles trophy out of the way already :)

You know, these are the most annoying posts. You provided nothing to this community at all.  Share something to help us or keep it to yourself.  

I have one crate in the last two hours because that is all people are trying to do right now.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, audiopile said:

You know, these are the most annoying posts. You provided nothing to this community at all.  Share something to help us or keep it to yourself.  

I have one crate in the last two hours because that is all people are trying to do right now.  

You should do the pistols only match it’s way easier then extended warzone if you want it done quickly as possible

Try looking for the collectibles around midnight to 2 AM Pacific Time.  Those there the times I used when I was hunting for the collectibles.
Also, try to get a good route down for you to check the possible spawn locations for each map.

When I did it last year all the extended warzones I joined were ghost towns.
Occasionally, I ran into 1 other player who was playing around on the maps.  The player ignored the collectibles, but kept trying to kill me.  I think he might have been trying to go for the weapon kill trophies or just playing the game for fun.

I can't imagine how busy the maps are now.

Maybe, I'll boot up the game later today and just peek to see how busy the maps are now.

On 22-7-2022 at 3:31 PM, Vergil said:

What happend with 90days notice?

I don't think the devs are legally obliged to give anyone timely notification about not earning hollow trophies that give zero real life advantage.

Edited by Melachorn
  • Like 1